10 reasons to cheer leaving the Premier League

Dave

Kosovo upon Wear :lol:

Excellent article! After the past 4 or 5 years of pure mediocrity, at least we'll have the chance to fight for something and win a whole bunch of games.

I'm genuinely excited for a change, it seems very strange and all but thats honestly how I feel.

I guess we can look upwards for a change rather than sideways and below.

"Yazz! - The only way is up!" is our new theme song :lol:

On the Swansea thing, I would like some Newcastle Fans opinions.

I am born and bread Swansea, I love the place I love Wales, however, I have always been a Newcastle fan (yes yes I am a glory hunter - but look where that has got me). Some of my mates have been asking who will I support next season, I told them with no doubt it will be Newcastle. Why stop supporting them now and surely it would mean I am a bandwagon jumper if I all of a sudden started supporting the Swans just because they are now in the same division. I do go down to the Liberty to watch them from time to time and will want them to win every game next season apart from the 2 against Newcastle.

I know its bad in the 1st place not to support my home town, but surely it would make me even worse to support them now just because the Toon are doing shit?

Thoughts? Am I scum of the football earth?

well you're stuck with newcastle now for better or worse like the rest of us  ;D

re: the home town team, i didn't even realise gateshead had a team until i was about 10, when we were all at school for p.e with nufc shirts on (mine was the yellow/green striped at the time) and one of the lads pulled out a claret nike gateshead fc shirt, i hadn't a clue they even existed

On the Swansea thing, I would like some Newcastle Fans opinions.

I am born and bread Swansea, I love the place I love Wales, however, I have always been a Newcastle fan (yes yes I am a glory hunter - but look where that has got me). Some of my mates have been asking who will I support next season, I told them with no doubt it will be Newcastle. Why stop supporting them now and surely it would mean I am a bandwagon jumper if I all of a sudden started supporting the Swans just because they are now in the same division. I do go down to the Liberty to watch them from time to time and will want them to win every game next season apart from the 2 against Newcastle.

I know its bad in the 1st place not to support my home town, but surely it would make me even worse to support them now just because the Toon are doing s***?

Thoughts? Am I scum of the football earth?

Just stay with us, theirs no reason that you can't support Swansea as your 2nd team, it just means when it comes to Newcastle vs Swansea, you want us to win just, but on an ideal day when we don't meet, you want both teams to win, nowt wrong with you wanting Newcastle to finish top, Swansea second, and hoping both Cardiff and Sunderland get relegated with no points.

My mates were quite shocked when I told them I'll be supporting Newcastle next season, these are the same boys that support Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal mind, its okay to support another team as long as they are not in the same league as your home town club.

I think I'll be taking down my Baby On Board Newcastle thingy and the Newcastle supporter window sticker when the Swansea/Newcastle fixtures come about, especially given the area I live.

How desperate its been at times this season, I have never thought of not supporting Newcastle, Swansea were doing really well, but even when the Swans had a bad result I was nowhere near as gutted as when Newcastle lost. I feel hurt when Newcastle lose when Swansea lose I am not happy but it doesn't hurt. I think the only ever result that really hurt me when watching Swansea was the playoff lossess in recent years. When you feel like that when your football team loses you can't just switch off and say you are supporting another team.

As I said I know I SHOULD support my home town club but in the situation  I can't.

Guest toonlass

"Never waste a good crisis"

As was said in the Simpson's.

Lisa: Did you know that the Chinese use the same word for crisis as they do for opportunity?

Homer: Yes!!!  Crisitunity