RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Newcastle fighting to meet owner's deadline

10 Aug, 09 | England | Clubs ownership & management

Tags: newcastle-united |

Font size: 

Mike Ashley, English Newcastle owner, is inching closer to a deal, as Barry Moat works to finalise the necessary details.

According to The Times, Seymour Pierce has been in contact with several private-equity investors, who have all expressed interest in purchasing the club.

With the value of Newcastle United now set between GBP 70 million and GBP 90 million, the door remains open to new buyers. However, in an attempt to unload the club as soon as possible, Ashley is now willing to help fund a takeover.

Ashley had declared this weekend as the deadline to sell the club, possibly as a way to urge prospective buyers to take the next step. 

The latest reports reveal that Seymour Pierce Chairman Keith Harris is involved in discussions with Moat and his counterparts, after the group came forward yesterday.

Not only will the new owner be forced to contend with the start of a relegated season, but also the lack of a permanent manager. Fortunately for the club, Moat is believed to support Alan Shearer as a long-term candidate.

Ashley is believed to be feeling the pressure of the upcoming season, well-aware that the next owner will be working under the gun to prepare the club for the Coca-Cola Championship.

Despite the fact that Ashley’s intentions have been repeatedly questioned by fans, he remains hesitant about selling the club to any buyer who cannot afford to invest in new players.

Source: euFootball.BIZ © Copyright 2006 - 2009 All rights reserved

Guest Vincent V

THOMMO is talking shite and has provided no evidence at all that he has even a source at the club nevermind the source being ITK. 

How the hell can I prove I have a ITK you idiot, how can anyone prove they have an ITK, I know some people dont believe me but I think some do and people are just going to have to trust me that I know someone at the club and Iam told information.

The problem with anything at the moment with the club is it honestly changes every day. Nobody really knows which way Ashley is going to turn.

All I know which is concrete is , that they are speaking to two consortiums, UAE and USA (with Moat)

There is very clearly a big chance we will be relegated again, we haven't yet seen the end of the cock-ups from "he who can't possibly be worse than fat fred," have we?

If the cockney wide-boy suddenly changes his spots, grows some balls, learns a bit about football and starts to do things properly, there is a chance we can be promoted, though that's a long-shot, obviously. Any prediction is going to look more sensible if it's closer to relegation than promotion, that's the reality of the situation the club is in. Whether that's because Ashley wants to run the club down as some sort of tax write-off against his cheap shops, or whether he is the most inept person ever to own a football club doesn't matter that much, in either of those scenario's the club is pretty much doomed to failure.

There's going to be plenty for the morons to boo about this coming season. I'm hoping these hangers-on ('cos that's all they are) decide to piss off and "support" another club.

:lol:

Barry Moat talks with Newcastle United close to final phase

The Newcastle United owner, Mike Ashley, is expected to take the club off the market if takeover talks with Tyneside businessman Barry Moat break down this week.

By Rob Stewart

Published: 7:30AM BST 10 Aug 2009

Money men: Mike Ashley is pinning his hopes on selling to Barry Moat. The sports retail tycoon is pinning his hopes on selling the club to Moat and his return from holiday in Hawaii at the weekend could now give the negotiations a timely boost as they reach a delicate stage. Moat, a close friend of Alan Shearer, who managed the side at the end of last season, has been identified by Telegraph Sport as the front-runner for the club but so far he has not been able to strike a deal with Ashley.

A source close to the talks said that Moat has followed up with several offers and is one of a number of “serious” parties.

The source added: “Ashley has been stamping his feet saying he wants to get a sale done but the reality is that he’s not accepted an offer yet.

“Moat would be a good buyer of the club. He has the right backing but nothing has happened because Ashley has not accepted an offer. Now they are trying to get to a point where there is an offer that Ashley either accepts or rejects. With just three weeks of the window left something needs to be done this week.” Ashley has hired investment banker Keith Harris to sell the club on his behalf but the £100 million price tag he placed on St James’ Park has not been met.

“He’ll struggle to get anyone to meet the £100 million,” the source said. “The price range is between £70 million and £90 million but that’s dependent on him slashing the wage bill by getting rid of more big earners.”

Former Leeds manager David O’Leary has emerged as a candidate for the vacant Newcastle job, though he has apparently not even been sounded out about the position.

If Ashley retains control, he is expected to ask O’Leary or another experienced manager such as Alan Curbishley, formerly of West Ham, to take the reins.

The Newcastle United owner, Mike Ashley, is expected to take the club off the market if takeover talks with Tyneside businessman Barry Moat break down this week.

By Rob Stewart

Money men: Mike Ashley is pinning his hopes on selling to Barry Moat. The sports retail tycoon is pinning his hopes on selling the club to Moat and his return from holiday in Hawaii at the weekend could now give the negotiations a timely boost as they reach a delicate stage. Moat, a close friend of Alan Shearer, who managed the side at the end of last season, has been identified by Telegraph Sport as the front-runner for the club but so far he has not been able to strike a deal with Ashley.

A source close to the talks said that Moat has followed up with several offers and is one of a number of “serious” parties.

The source added: “Ashley has been stamping his feet saying he wants to get a sale done but the reality is that he’s not accepted an offer yet.

“Moat would be a good buyer of the club. He has the right backing but nothing has happened because Ashley has not accepted an offer. Now they are trying to get to a point where there is an offer that Ashley either accepts or rejects. With just three weeks of the window left something needs to be done this week.” Ashley has hired investment banker Keith Harris to sell the club on his behalf but the £100 million price tag he placed on St James’ Park has not been met.

“He’ll struggle to get anyone to meet the £100 million,” the source said. “The price range is between £70 million and £90 million but that’s dependent on him slashing the wage bill by getting rid of more big earners.”

Former Leeds manager David O’Leary has emerged as a candidate for the vacant Newcastle job, though he has apparently not even been sounded out about the position.

If Ashley retains control, he is expected to ask O’Leary or another experienced manager such as Alan Curbishley, formerly of West Ham, to take the reins.

and yet you'd think if you were interested in buying something for a certain price and the person selling was meanwhile disposing of bits of it you might well alter your offer price.

By Rob Stewart

and yet you'd think if you were interested in buying something for a certain price and the person selling was meanwhile disposing of bits of it you might well alter your offer price.

Maybe the sales were occurring to get the price to match the bid ?

By Rob Stewart

only to the seller. a bit like offering to buy a car and trailer and the seller in the meantime sells the trailer.

Guest ItalianMagpie

By Rob Stewart

It looks like that now.

By Rob Stewart

God please be true (the bit about Moat obviously), although in theory even if the O'Leary stuff is true he shouldn't ever get near us if Moat takes over.

Iceman, that was a bit below the belt, I dont need to go into this again but if I was bullshitting any of you I wouldnt show my face back on here again, I was told information that Derek Lambais told heads of department on the day SBR died.

I still to the day believe anything Iam told my my ITK, because most of the info he has told me has been correct.

Guest MrSundlofer

I dont need to go into this again but if I was bullshitting any of you I wouldnt show my face back on here again, I was told information that Derek Lambais told heads of department on the day SBR died.

I still to the day believe anything Iam told my my ITK, because most of the info he has told me has been correct.

One week ago you wrote: "By the way, Geremi will be going to Beksitas, should be done this week"  :thdn:

And: "as will the Beye (Aston Villa or Hull)"  :thup: proved to be correct but It was al over the press!  :thdn:

And: "I also stated yesterday that it looks like Bassong will probably go to Man City for £15 mill. All of the above is information told by my ITK."  :thdn:

"My original post said Tuesday/Wednesday, dont give up, it will happen." - From last Tuesday...  :thdn:

A lot of things you are saying is already in the papers! I read yesterday it was 2 consortiums ready to buy Newcastle.. and today you write: "All I know which is concrete is , that they are speaking to two consortiums, UAE and USA (with Moat)".

Getting tired of this. But, hope you are right boy!!

I dont need to go into this again but if I was bullshitting any of you I wouldnt show my face back on here again, I was told information that Derek Lambais told heads of department on the day SBR died.

One week ago you wrote: "By the way, Geremi will be going to Beksitas, should be done this week"  :thdn:

And: "as will the Beye (Aston Villa or Hull)"  :thup: proved to be correct but It was al over the press!  :thdn:

And: "I also stated yesterday that it looks like Bassong will probably go to Man City for £15 mill. All of the above is information told by my ITK."  :thdn:

"My original post said Tuesday/Wednesday, dont give up, it will happen." - From last Tuesday...  :thdn:

A lot of things you are saying is already in the papers! I read yesterday it was 2 consortiums ready to buy Newcastle.. and today you write: "All I know which is concrete is , that they are speaking to two consortiums, UAE and USA (with Moat)".

Didn't your ITK (a player, no less) say we'd be taken over last week? :lol:

Guest Vincent V

Iceman, that was a bit below the belt, I dont need to go into this again but if I was bullshitting any of you I wouldnt show my face back on here again, I was told information that Derek Lambais told heads of department on the day SBR died.

You need to provide some evidence that you are not just making this shit up and as of yet you have failed to do so.  

How the hell can I prove I have a ITK you idiot, how can anyone prove they have an ITK, I know some people dont believe me but I think some do and people are just going to have to trust me that I know someone at the club and Iam told information.

The problem with anything at the moment with the club is it honestly changes every day. Nobody really knows which way Ashley is going to turn.

All I know which is concrete is , that they are speaking to two consortiums, UAE and USA (with Moat)

And unlike other things almost as large (like supertankers) the fat bastard cockney-wide boy Sunday market trader manages to turn very quickly.

Guest MrSundlofer

Didn't your ITK (a player, no less) say we'd be taken over last week? :lol:

:thup:

That the takeover was close, yes.

Guest icemanblue

That's all well and good, but I don't believe you in the slightest. You defend yourself far too much, whereas a person with confidence in his information would not.

That's all well and good, but I don't believe you in the slightest. You defend yourself far too much, whereas a person with confidence in his information would not.

:dowie:

Because he constantly gets asked to repeat himself and always gets what he says questioned.