RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest sicko2ndbest

Why is anyone even remotely excited about this. If it's true and I think by now we can only really assume it's not. It talks about a man who clearly hasn't got the funds, trying to borrow the money to buy the club. TBH can't see this guy being any better than Ashley.

He has an emotional attachment to the club

That will do for me tbh

Guest The Libertine

Is this an attempt to buy him some slack for tomorrow?

Bingo.

I wish some brave man would just shoot the fucker in the head.

:jesuswept:

I do not feel an ounce of remorse at wishing death on Mike Ashley.

grow the fuck up. what kind of a person says that?

Why is anyone even remotely excited about this. If it's true and I think by now we can only really assume it's not. It talks about a man who clearly hasn't got the funds, trying to borrow the money to buy the club. TBH can't see this guy being any better than Ashley.

its hope

Better than nothing.

Let's not forget that for all his faults (and don't get me wrong, there are fucking MANY of course), so far the Taylor sale, the Duff sale, the Jonas sale, the taking the club off the market, the appointment of O'Leary, the non-appointment of O'Leary and the appointment of Kinnear are only rumours too. Yet everyone seems to be taking those as certainties.

If selling off our first team squad pays off the overdraft which then gets Moat permission to buy the club then Ashley isn't the cunt I thought he was.

Hope to fuck this goes through. Don't think we can take yet another false dawn.

Even though we'll then get relegated again? Have a word.

Guest sicko2ndbest

its hope

Better than nothing.

Let's not forget that for all his faults (and don't get me wrong, there are f***ing MANY of course), so far the Taylor sale, the Duff sale, the Jonas sale, the taking the club off the market, the appointment of O'Leary, the not appointment of O'Leary and the appointment of Kinnear are only rumours too. Yet everyone seems to be taking those as certainties.

Dave have you anything more substantial than blind hope?

If selling off our first team squad pays off the overdraft which then gets Moat permission to buy the club then Ashley isn't the cunt I thought he was.

Hope to fuck this goes through. Don't think we can take yet another false dawn.

Even though we'll then get relegated again? Have a word.

Don't be daft.

New owner. Clean slate. Liberated wage bill.

He still should have done it all a couple of months ago, but it would give us a fighting chance at least.

its hope

Better than nothing.

Let's not forget that for all his faults (and don't get me wrong, there are f***ing MANY of course), so far the Taylor sale, the Duff sale, the Jonas sale, the taking the club off the market, the appointment of O'Leary, the not appointment of O'Leary and the appointment of Kinnear are only rumours too. Yet everyone seems to be taking those as certainties.

Logic.

And yes, I realise he doesn't do a lot of logic.

its hope

Better than nothing.

Logic.

He is willing to wait a bit longer, thats good news.

Guest sicko2ndbest

its hope

Better than nothing.

Logic.

Care to expand on your 'logical' thinking?

If there was no hope Ashley would not wait any longer, Moat seems to be the only bidder to have made it past the data room stage, he is trying to get the funds, its all positive okay not a done deal but we MUST have a bit of faith.

No. :lol:

Nah seriously, I admitted the other day I change my mind on all this very frequently. I just think The Times are pretty well connected, that's all. This is therefore a positive for me.

Very sensable article Moat is the only option yet he don't have te whole money. He needs some debt from the Barclay in order to finance the deal.  Even though he waits the answer from the bank Ashley is giving him some time. As the same time Ashley is preparing for the worst case scenario if the club is not sold he has to hire some one and that some one is not a sheet metal son.

Very sensable article Moat is the only option yet he don't have te whole money. He needs some debt from the Barclay in order to finance the deal.  Even though he waits the answer from the bank Ashley is giving him some time. As the same time Ashley is preparing for the worst case scenario if the club is not sold he has to hire some one and that some one is not a sheet metal son.

I'd imagine he has the backing in the medium to long-run (or he wouldn't have SP's blessing), but needs cash up front to satisfy Ashley who wants to cut all ties immediately.

its hope

Better than nothing.

Let's not forget that for all his faults (and don't get me wrong, there are f***ing MANY of course), so far the Taylor sale, the Duff sale, the Jonas sale, the taking the club off the market, the appointment of O'Leary, the non-appointment of O'Leary and the appointment of Kinnear are only rumours too. Yet everyone seems to be taking those as certainties.

Hope for what though, this guy doesn't have the money, do we really want to return to the pre Hall days where we were run by little two bit local businessmen who had no ambition and no idea how to run a football club. I'm not saying Ashley has any either and that Moat is not an improvement on him but it's hardly heralding the dawn of a great new age at the club.