RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It seems to me he wants out for definite, he's just playing the gambler he is and so is Moat. He didn't, for whatever reason, want to sell to Sheard and his crew and he and Moat have entered into this endgame, let's hope it's the final stages. If he wanted to keep the club he would have announced it by now. The puzzle is why he has told Hughton the job is his, another chess move I suspect. If Moat pulls this off and raises more money it shows his determination, I can't see him throwing in the towel now (Moat that is).

understanding ashleys motives on any decision is an exercise in futility, all i can speculate on the hughton appointment is one of a) he doesn't think this deal is going to happen so is planning for the rest of the season b) attempt to force moats hand a bit by saying hughton is going to be appointed as manager c) the deal will go through and this is to make things that little bit more difficult for moat if/when he's in out of spite d)it was a completely random decision

With Ashley, random always seems the best bet.  The timing of his decisions are always as insane as the decision itself.

Guest VegasToon

So is this a case of offer "100mill be ignored.. then say he will take £80mill so Moat offers the £80mill Ashley rejects it?

I mean fkn hell can we not just murder the pair of them?

Sounds good to me.  :pow:

Guest Nige_S5

At the risk of repeating myself..............

Balls to it :facepalm:

You've had a good run man, and fooled a lot of people in the process. Isn't it about time you came clean and admitted it was all balls? Go on - you can do it  :pow:

Guest ToonBart

Sillius offer either never met the value or more likely never had the cash to back it up.

If not, they would be all over the press crying foul.

I think it's quite apparent why they sidestepped Seymour pierce.

All this talk of Moat having no money to invest in the club is likely to be bollocks. I would imagine his business plan would allow for investment. Shearer's initial plan to get us promoted under his stewardship included investment in new players, so I would doubt he'd come and work for Moat if the conditions were the same as under Mike Ashley. Plus, you wouldn't look to invest that kind of money to stay still.

You wouldn't buy a dilapidated house for the market price of a new one, then spend nothing on putting it right. Our situation is no different really. Even if the Moat was looking to sell on in a couple of years at a profit, decent investment is required to get us to the point where we have a sale value sufficient to warrant a healthy profit.

Guest johnson293

according to ssn ashley has turned down 80 million?

I think they are just reporting the Times article, posted last night (£80m is reportedly £60m upfront with £20m to follow next season). They also said neither side (Ashley or Moat) are commenting on the report yet.

according to ssn ashley has turned down 80 million?

I think they are just reporting the Times article, posted last night (£80m is reportedly £60m upfront with £20m to follow next season). They also said neither side (Ashley or Moat) are commenting on the report yet.

Well if he'd accept 60m up front and really wanted to sell he'd accept 60m then 20m next season, he doesn't want to sell.  He either wants to wait until next season or as I expect is remaining quiet and will hope we get promoted and then basically take the club off the market unless some crazy Billionaire comes in.  Why are we being linked with these youth players from abroad who have actually been quoted discussing our interest, he'll continue to sign youth players invest sod all in the first team and somehow expect in 3/4 seasons time these youngsters will be good enough to get us to where he wants us to be.  We'll see if this is true if Hughton gets a long term deal.