The Third N-O Football Match - Red Team 3 - 1 Blue Team

Guest Heneage

We got sold a right dud with Nixon. I hope he's only on loan. :razz: He did put a nice pass through for our goal though so credit for that.

Yorkie was our best player imo.

thought Nixons mini me, had a very good game,..ffsake we gotta get a grip if that stuart brown next time, and danb, Im gonna switch to dm, and stop the fuckers.

Yorkie played well but Prophet takes the biscuit for me, thought he had a stormer.

Pitch was great, ref was decent although suspect with the time-keeping (or maybe it was an out-on-their-feet reds team deliberately time-wasting?).

MOTM by a long way, Optimistic NUT - made 4 goal-saving tackles (no offence Gorilla). Score should have been 3-2 but Dino/Neesy(?) deliberately clipped me as I was about to make the score more respectable.

Brief Summary:

Games Kicks Off.

Nixon wanders up front.

Blues have a few half-chances.

Reds score from nowhere.

Reds score from nowhere. Absolutely shocking goal. Defence and 'keeper not communicating.

Shellshocked Blues retreat into their shell (or maybe find it hard playing with just 10 men).

Reds score a well-taken 3rd following a poor clearance from a corner/NewcastleRocker's determination (stupeedo).

Blues have a couple of half-chances.

H-T.

Blues come out for second half with captain, and left-back, Nixon lining up for kick off (wtf?).

Blues set up camp in reds half. Reds line up with 12 players.

Reds drop all their best players into midfield/defence and switch to 4-5-1/4-4-2 variant.

Blues score.

Blues hit cross-bar.

Reds rely on the break. Miss several decent chances (i.e. 4 v 2, 3 v 1, etc).

Blues continue to camp in Red half.

Everyone's fucked. Reds keep asking ref how long is left/time-wasting.

Gimp goes down injured for Reds (shock!)

Blues down to 10 men as Ken ordered off pitch (bleeding). Reds continue to defend with full 11 men.

Blues have a few chances, final one smacked over the bar following red foul.

Finis.

Right, here's a post match form:

PLAYER RATINGS:

REDS

Gambling Gorilla:

Neesy:

Optimistic Nut:

Neil:

Dino:

stubrown:

Pilko:

stu browns mate (england top):

Slim:

dan b:

Gimp:

NewcastleRocker:

BLUES (less in formation, apologies)

NSG/Nick:

Prophet:

Nicks mate (big guy!):

Ken Dahl:

stupeedo:

Nixon:

Nixon's bro:

cp40:

Wullie:

Yorkie:

"James" (not sure if that was someone else, sorry):

-----------

The Ref:

-----------

AWARDS:

Worst Player:

Most Improved Player

Man of the Match

Tackle of the Match

Shot of the match

Block of the match

Pass of the match

Sportsmanship award

-----------

Anything else to say?

PLAYER RATINGS:

REDS

Gambling Gorilla:

Neesy:

Optimistic Nut:

Neil:

Dino:

stubrown:

Pilko:

stu browns mate (england top):

Slim:

dan b:

Gimp:

NewcastleRocker:

NSG/Nick:

Prophet:

Nicks mate (big guy!):

Ken Dahl:

stupeedo:

Nixon:

Nixon's bro:

cp40:...........................................................3

Wullie:

Yorkie:

"James" (not sure if that was someone else, sorry):

-----------

The Ref:

-----------

AWARDS:

Worst Player:

Most Improved Player

Man of the Match

Tackle of the Match

Shot of the match

Block of the match

Pass of the match

Sportsmanship award

-----------

Anything else to say?

had a shocker....

last 5 mins was pure :angry:

Yorkie played well but Prophet takes the biscuit for me, thought he had a stormer.

Pitch was great, ref was decent although suspect with the time-keeping (or maybe it was an out-on-their-feet reds team deliberately time-wasting?).

MOTM by a long way, Optimistic NUT - made 4 goal-saving tackles (no offence Gorilla). Score should have been 3-2 but Dino/Neesy(?) deliberately clipped me as I was about to make the score more respectable.

Brief Summary:

Games Kicks Off.

Nixon wanders up front.

Reds score from nowhere.

Reds score from nowhere. Absolutely shocking goal. Defence and 'keeper not communicating.

Shellshocked Blues retreat into their shell (or maybe find it hard playing with just 10 men).

Reds score a well-taken 3rd following a poor clearance from a corner/NewcastleRocker's determination (stupeedo).

H-T.

Blues come out for second half with captain, and left-back, Nixon lining up for kick off (wtf?).

Reds drop all their best players into midfield/defence and switch to 4-5-1/4-4-2 variant.

Blues score.

Blues hit cross-bar.

Everyone's f***ed. Reds keep asking ref how long is left/time-wasting.

Blues down to 10 men as Ken ordered off pitch (bleeding). Reds continue to defend with full 11 men.

Finis.

f***ing bollboks, reds score from nowhere ??

We were the better side, we kept catching you lot on the backfoot all the time.

hence why you were 3 nil down at half time.

You lot came out the second half and huffed n puffed a but never really got anything going.

Gimp makes it up as he goes along, blues gave yous a lesson, second half.

you resoted to smashing people from behind, etc

ref , told me what was i comlaining about, after all id survived the war,... ;D

cheeky fucker,....

he was good craic tho the ref, canny bloke.

Brief Summary:

Games Kicks Off.

Nixon wanders up front.

Reds score from nowhere.

H-T.

Blues score.

Blues hit cross-bar.

Finis.

You lot came out the second half and huffed n puffed a but never really got anything going.

Well, I didn't think the first goal matched the run of play - you guys played on the break while we tried to pass it around (albeit without any real penetration), you did have the more dangerous chances but were by no means getting your foot on the ball and passing it about...

If you think that second goal was well worked... :kinnear:

Brief Summary:

Games Kicks Off.

Nixon wanders up front.

Reds score from nowhere.

H-T.

Blues score.

Blues hit cross-bar.

Finis.

Well, I didn't think the first goal matched the run of play - you guys played on the break while we tried to pass it around (albeit without any real penetration), you did have the more dangerous chances but were by no means getting your foot on the ball and passing it about...

If you think that second goal was well worked... :kinnear:

Secdond goal  no, took my chance with the keeper running out and the defender chasing.

More fool you lot, we stuck to our game plan, got three goals.

Game over.  :kinnear:

Guest Heneage

Description of the goals?

Did the photos happen?

Goal one- Slot through ball to the right hand side of the goal Stu slots it in the bottom corner.

Goal two- ball ott I heard a call of offside, Gimp goes 50 50 with NSG and wins it, taps in.

Goal three - Ball comes out to the edge Stu hammers it and goes in under the bar.

Goal one- Brother passed it to myself took it on my right chipped pall in between two for Ken Dahl who hit a half volley it into the goal.

The amount of times Dan ran through, Stu ran through, Wayne got through a couple of times, the lad with the kappa top (forgot his name) was in a couple of times we could have really fucked the blues up today.

PLAYER RATINGS:

REDS

Gambling Gorilla: 6.5 - couldn't do anything about the goal and made a canny few stops, including one great down low to his left. Kicking was a little bit suspect but he did say about a week ago his ankle was knacked, so fair play. Had little to do second half after the goal.

Neesy: 7 - Did well, passed the ball about nicely and covered well at the back despite the defence's shape going all awry near the end due to all of the rolling subs

Optimistic Nut: 10 - fucking colossus. Won loads of headers, made four or five last ditch tackles and played superbly. A calming influence on the rest of the back four.

Neil: 7.5 - considering he said he's not a fan of CB he did really well, settled in after a few early jitters. Reckon the nut helped him just settle into the role and he did the job well imo.

Dino: 8 - Great game, an excellent performance at fullback. Stood up to whoever was going down the wing and managed to win the ball or knock it dead almost every time. Stuck to his task well.

stubrown: 8 - again great running with the ball at his feet, some excellent probing runs into the blue box. Kept the team ticking over and helped organize things.

Pilko:  can't rate myself!

stu browns mate (england top): 7 - canny player, was good to play with in midfield as he was clearly a player of "give and go". Full of energy.

Slim: 8.5 - class attacking performance, just a shame we didn't get to see that ferocious shot that he demonstrated in the 'warm up'!

dan b: 7 - full of running, set up the first goal after my pass to him (wahey!) and helped to stretch the game near the end. Tracked back when needed as well, including a good header clear from the corner at the end

Gimp: 7.5 - poor bugger got crippled in the second half but put in a really good shift as well, provided an outlet up front

NewcastleRocker: 7 - very fast off the mark, good touch and awareness. drinks his half-pints too fast though

NSG/Nick: 6.5 - little to do barring the goal, don't think he made errors for any of the goals

Prophet: 7.5 - had a canny game, stood up well in central midfield after he made the switch from defence in the first half. beat me to the ball once or twice

Nicks mate (big guy!): 6.5 - didn't see much of him, so can't really comment

Ken Dahl: 7 - cracking shot near the end that hit the bar. decent player in possesion by all accounts

stupeedo: 8.5 - best player on the blue team (just shaded it from yorkie), found space and went for balls over the top, mostly came off well. couldn't keep up with him by the end!

Nixon: 5 - full of shit, hardly had a kick upfront and moped about like alan oliver on a slow news day

Nixon's bro: 6.5 - bit of a rabbit in the headlights, kept running though and stuck to his wing. when he bulks up and stops listening to his brother he'll become a canny player imo. don't think he's used to playing with older blokes maybe?

cp40: 6 - loved the rugby tackle on the gimp, was like a baldy boris johnson! did alright in patches though to be fair.

Wullie: 6 - again, played well in fits and starts and never stopped running. think dino had the measure of him eventually though

Yorkie: 8 - had a lot of space first half and used it well, some decent passes and touches. great block from my shot from the corner as well, mouthful of rubber crumbs for me and they don't taste nice!

"James" (not sure if that was someone else, sorry): 7 - kept the team ticking over, good touches

-----------

The Ref: 8 - can't fault him, canny bloke by all accounts and knew it was just for a laugh mainly. spent most of the game shouting "language!" at everyone

-----------

AWARDS:

Worst Player: Nixon, oh dear

Most Improved Player Dino, was a bit shaky last time out but was solid this time

Man of the Match Optimistc Nut, as someone said he was like "a white Bassong!"

Tackle of the Match Any of Optimistic Nuts last ditch ones, all superb

Shot of the match Ken Dahl's raker that clipped the bar second half

Block of the match Would say mine against Nixon's bro edge of the box, stuck out my telescopic leg and stopped him from hitting the target

Pass of the match stupeedo hit a lovely ball over the top first half for Wullie, from his own half

Sportsmanship award cp40, helped his bro hobble off and then attempted to give his waist a big hug when he came on

-----------

Anything else to say?

Pub was a laugh afterwards, all a good bunch of lads. Nice to meet/see you all!

And Gambling Gorilla, sorry about that shot in the warm-up... :lol: