ESPN UK wins Premier League TV rights - Free on Virgin Media's Top package.

Interpolic

Is anyone getting a message on their SS1 channel saying they are working on bringing it back as soon as possible? I thought it was going completely? I had a message about 2 minutes ago that it ceased broadcasting and now its saying they will sort it out and be back soon ???

Here it just says 'Setanta has ceased trading in Great Britain'.

Said that on mine then it changed, cunts!

Is anyone getting a message on their SS1 channel saying they are working on bringing it back as soon as possible? I thought it was going completely? I had a message about 2 minutes ago that it ceased broadcasting and now its saying they will sort it out and be back soon ???

Here it just says 'Setanta has ceased trading in Great Britain'.

Blatantly should've stuck with the shite quality of that video package and just put up some sort of old school test card.

I would love to switch to Sky Sports News and just watch the lot of them popping champagne corks, all the women running around topless with the yellow bar ticker saying "BREAKING NEWS: Sky Sports rules all mother fuckers!"

Only have ESPN America atm and it says I aren't subscribed anyway.

Yeah that was the one I was thinking of. But isn't there the package with the other name you get with Setanta ? NASN

I can't even see any channels called that.

NASN was replaced by ESPN America

Whatever ESPN put together for the premier league, it'll be on a new channel. It's not like Sky are picky about how many channels they allow  :laugh2:

what about all those daft channels you got when subscribing to setanta? /lfc tv, arsenal tv etc

Down I think:

Liverpool explore options for club channel after Setanta collapse

Tuesday, 23 June 2009

Liverpool have stressed they remain committed to the club's television channel despite the collapse of Setanta, the platform on which it was broadcast.

The Irish company went off the air just before 6pm having gone into administration earlier today.

Liverpool will continue to broadcast via their website and are hopeful of getting the channel back on television screens as soon as possible.

"LFC TV is currently broadcasting as normal and will continue to do so until further notice," said a club statement.

"However, following the announcement that Setanta GB is no longer trading, there may be some disruption to our service for UK television viewers.

"While we continue to produce live and pre-recorded content for the channel as normal, we are urgently investigating all possibilities available to us in returning to broadcasting in the British Isles as quickly as possible.

"We're continuing to monitor developments but wish to point out that our online and international viewers should remain unaffected and that Liverpool Football Club remains committed to the future of LFC TV."

Source

Guest the_guv_nor

there has been mentions of football and golf going to other channels, has anyone heard what will happen with the UFC??

From a very sad and heavily pregnant ex make up artist for Setanta I would like to thank you all for your continuing support with the Football Matters group and all your lovely emails thanking us for our great programming.

Setanta UK ceased to exist as of this afternoon, but directors are still trying to salvage what they can of Setanta Ireland and I wish them the best of luck with that. If you want to catch Premier League football this now lies with Sky and ESPN, which will be a Sky platform.

Once again, I would like to thank all of you, and those that ever came to the show, it was a real blast. Although I don't think we'll be calling the baby Setanta!!!

Many Thanks

Recieved on Facebook

Total abhorration of a network anyhow,from imbecile customer service staff to tripe coverage and commentary/punditry of football and other sport.Good riddance,you were crap.

It was the Woolworths of the TV community.

If the idiots at the EU said prem football should not be a monopoly then they should have insisted that terrestrial TV channels shoukd be given a number of games to share.  Not ask the football punters to pay a second subcripption on top of Sky or whoever.

Guest dotdotuk

If any of you are fans of American sport the channel ESPNAmerica ( formerly NASN ) that was part of the Setanta package has this afternoon joined the Sky "News and Events" package.  It is on Ch 417.

If any of you are fans of American sport the channel ESPNAmerica ( formerly NASN ) that was part of the Setanta package has this afternoon joined the Sky "News and Events" package.  It is on Ch 417.

I LOVE YOU

Guest dotdotuk

I LOVE YOU

And who can blame you!  ;-)

Guest BigTrev

so how do you cancel now then you can get on the web and no one answers the phone do i just cancel the DD?

so how do you cancel now then you can get on the web and no one answers the phone do i just cancel the DD?

They shouldn't take any money anymore anyway, but just cancel your DD to be sure.

Guest dotdotuk

The administrator said they would stop collecting money BUT probably best to cancel just in case eh!!