The England Thread

Pilko

I'm not forcing anything, it's not like I'm making an active choice not to support England, I just naturally find myself doing so. Carroll will see his selection as justifying his move, have no doubt about that, and I'd rather he regretted leaving Newcastle every single second of his life.

Carroll will score tonight - if he starts.

Thinking the same. Probably from a set piece again.

Yip, you'd imagine the Swedes will not be looking forward to any ball being thrown into their box after what happened the other night, so if Carroll goes and attacks them I really fancy him to get on the score sheet.

Very much looking forward to seeing Carroll tonight. The team needed a Geordie.

:thup:

I hope he does well for England, i've sort of got over the fact he left now.

http://s3.vidimg.popscreen.com/original/29/bVBMb1JoSHowUWsx_o_andy-carroll-diving-like-a-donkey.jpg

Never forget. Hope he breaks his legs.

Glanced at that and thought why the fuck is there a dog on the pitch?  Krul looks like an Alsatian or something.

I think we'll win. Sweden looked fairly suspect against Ukraine and we're coming off the back of a heartening performance and point against France.

2-1, the score. Sweden are officially England's bogey team though, so another draw probably wouldn't be too surprising, maybe 2-2. Be very very shocked if England managed to lose this un though.

Who else is going out to watch this tonight ?

Who else doesn't actually give shit about it but, fuck it, its the weekend, watch it in a bar with some mates ?

I find watching football at home a proper luxury, hopefully will be staying in for it. Going to the pub is what I do when the match is on Sky. I'm a loser, basically.

Going to watch this game in some nordic pub near Tottenham Court Road (I think) in London. Will hopefully be a good game but I'm really pessimistic about Swedens chances here..But to watch Sweden beat England IN England would be nice as fuck. Won't happen though.

Since the France game and seeing the type of football England play, i think they've got an outside chance of doing reasonably well and actually progressing. The negative counter-attacking football could well be suited to this tournament. Wouldn't be surprised to see a win tonight, with goals from midfield. I'd say a draw is the most result likely though.

Who else doesn't actually give s*** about it but, f*** it, its the weekend, watch it in a bar with some mates ?

Aye, pretty much - didn't bother going out for the France match but as it's Friday and I would likely be out anyway will watch this one in the local.

Who else doesn't actually give s*** about it but, f*** it, its the weekend, watch it in a bar with some mates ?

I find watching football at home a proper luxury, hopefully will be staying in for it. Going to the pub is what I do when the match is on Sky. I'm a loser, basically.

Exactly the same - except that I have Sky, so I rarely bother going to the pub to watch any games..