Administration?

Parky

“It's just not an option,” one said.

Quite possible one of the greatest source-quotes in the history of journalism :lol:

The Times and Shields Gazette are just taking a wild stab in the dark. They know as fuck all much as we do.

Caulkin is the only journalist I have any respect for, I have much more faith in his articles then the usual tabloid drivel.

Guest jimmyc84

quayside is back to ease all our worries (or hopes...). :pow:

:lol:

Good post by Jimmyc84.

If you think Jimmyc84 is me under another name - no sorry.

and thinking about it even more,

even if he sells it for 60 million he'll still get a capital loss of 170 ish million (the cost was about 230 m was it?). so potential tax relief at 18% of 35 million odd (don't have a calculator).

i.e. relief of 35 million + actual proceeds on sale of 60+ million straight into his pocket with a sale to an investor

versus

relief of 45 million and proceeds equal to whatever an administrator can sell assets for.

the more i think, the less plausible it is that tax savings would be valid reasoning for administration.

right, bed time.

Quite possible one of the greatest source-quotes in the history of journalism :lol:

The Times and Shields Gazette are just taking a wild stab in the dark. They know as f*** all much as we do.

Caulkin is the only journalist I have any respect for, I have much more faith in his articles then the usual tabloid drivel.

The first thing I was taught at Uni las year was that 99% of the time when a print journalist has a story that they want to run, but no quotes, they make up a 'source'. Caulkin's article stinks of it.

The Times and Shields Gazette are just taking a wild stab in the dark. They know as f*** all much as we do.

The first thing I was taught at Uni las year was that 99% of the time when a print journalist has a story that they want to run, but no quotes, they make up a 'source'. Caulkin's article stinks of it.

even when there may be something in the story they quite often haven't got the experience of the subject to understand it properly. i work in a business which sometimes hits the headlines when the shit hits and you can always tell when the journo hasn't actually got a clue what he/she is having to report on.

Absolutely its a staple of the tabloid journalist, its probably only one rare occasions when these "sources" are actually real.  Just saying I usually give him the benefit of the doubt because he's the only 'journalist' I trust in the slightest.

And he's proved to be right more often than not. He's the only one I trust as well. The rest are clueless.

Absolutely its a staple of the tabloid journalist, its probably only one rare occasions when these "sources" are actually real.  Just saying I usually give him the benefit of the doubt because he's the only 'journalist' I trust in the slightest.

Guest Roger Kint

You needed Uni to work that out? :kasper:

Guest Phil K

As the bast*rds have lied constantly - a "denial" worries me.

The bas*rd won't sell, but will destroy us instead

Sums up the sh*tbag.

Guest Roger Kint

Good post by Jimmyc84.

even if he sells it for 60 million he'll still get a capital loss of 170 ish million (the cost was about 230 m was it?). so potential tax relief at 18% of 35 million odd (don't have a calculator).

i.e. relief of 35 million + actual proceeds on sale of 60+ million straight into his pocket with a sale to an investor

versus

relief of 45 million and proceeds equal to whatever an administrator can sell assets for.

the more i think, the less plausible it is that tax savings would be valid reasoning for administration.

right, bed time.

Wish you had of posted that yesterday morning, been trying to explain it to a Spurs fan on another forum and you just condensed about 30 mins of posts into your 3 posts ;D

Another important point: - one of the main reasons for entering administration is that it gives a company a bit of breathing space, since during the administration none of your creditors can generally take any legal action against you, landlords can't kick you out etc. Given that Ashley is the main and perhaps only major creditor, then this is just going to make repayment of this loan even harder, and outside of his control.

Good post by Jimmyc84.

versus

right, bed time.

Well admin seems highly unlikely and seemed even more obscure when I started the thread a month ago, but you can never put your mind at rest with MA in charge.