BBC: Freddy Shepherd £60m offer for NUFC likely to be accepted

jimmymag
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest sicko2ndbest

Surprised at just how close the poll is. :kinnear:

i'm not.

I am not either people are really confused about things and most lost any hope whatsover.  Thats why they pick yes just to pick the easy option and move on.....

Ok we'll forget the easy option and stick with what weve got!

Surprised at just how close the poll is. :kinnear:

i'm not.

I am not either people are really confused about things and most lost any hope whatsover.  Thats why they pick yes just to pick the easy option and move on.....

I think people just want rid of Ashley tbh...and I'm one of them.

Guest sicko2ndbest

There's a German saying: Like a choice between ze the plague and ze cholera.

I think that's a fairly accurate comparison, myself.

A better comparison is between HIV and full blown AIDS, with the present regime as the latter.

We are not by most important criteria a football club at the present time.  No one is in charge.  Ashley is done, he is gone, lost interest.  We have no owner, we have no manager, and we don't have a team that is capable of getting out of the Championship (or even of remaining competitive).  The revenue is halved and nothing has been done about the wage bill.  This is a 100% death sentence. 

Shepherd is obnoxious, he has a history of bad appointments, alleged interference with managerial decisions and apparent financial ineptitude.  And I don't care.  Because time is up.  Every day we wait, is another day we fall behind.  If you think playing Doncaster is embarrassing, just wait until they win.  Butt, Ameobi, Geremi etc. are not going to drop down a division (with no pre season manager) and suddenly look decent.  We weren't getting beat just by Man Utd and Liverpool, we were getting outplayed, outfought and beaten by Hull, Stoke and Bolton. 

In fact, I'd say that anyone who is against the Shepherd return doesn't fully appreciate the gravity of the situation.  This might feel like rock bottom, but it can get worse.

A better comparison is between HIV and full blown AIDS, with the present regime as the latter.

We are not by most important criteria a football club at the present time.  No one is in charge.  Ashley is done, he is gone, lost interest.  We have no owner, we have no manager, and we don't have a team that is capable of getting out of the Championship (or even of remaining competitive).  The revenue is halved and nothing has been done about the wage bill.  This is a 100% death sentence. 

Shepherd is obnoxious, he has a history of bad appointments, alleged interference with managerial decisions and apparent financial ineptitude.  And I don't care.  Because time is up.  Every day we wait, is another day we fall behind.  If you think playing Doncaster is embarrassing, just wait until they win.  Butt, Ameobi, Geremi etc. are not going to drop down a division (with no pre season manager) and suddenly look decent.  We weren't getting beat just by Man Utd and Liverpool, we were getting outplayed, outfought and beaten by Hull, Stoke and Bolton. 

In fact, I'd say that anyone who is against the Shepherd return doesn't fully appreciate the gravity of the situation.  This might feel like rock bottom, but it can get worse.

:clap:

that could have been written 2 or 3 years ago

We have the benefit of hindsight now.

yes that relegation 2 or 3 years ago was just awful wasn't it? can't see how our current situation resembles us 3 years ago at all, to be perfectly honest.

yes that relegation 2 or 3 years ago was just awful wasn't it? can't see how our current situation resembles us 3 years ago at all, to be perfectly honest.

we weren't so very far away....werent you there ?

I remember after that game in the 06/07 season when we lost 0-1 at home to Sheff Utd. It was possibly one of the worst performances I've ever seen by an NUFC team...it was horrific.

But anyway, I remember just sitting there for about an hour, gutted, thinking "this is it; we're going down. If not this season then the next. We have no future whatsoever under Freddie Shepherd". Sadly, I can see this re-entering my thoughts if Shepherd gets near us again...

Obviously he would (somehow) be better than what we have, but I would take a gamble on any other investor any other day of the week of Shepherd and his crew.

aye we'd just finished 7th in the premiership 3 years ago. the next season we were in europe, got to the quarters, comfortable mid-table side never in danger of relegation who finished low due to giving up the ghost after the alkmaar match. then allardyce, who left Bolton in 5th, was appointed. in danger of stagnating as a mid-table side yes, but without an owner? relegated? no manager? no plans for the coming season? revenue halved? attendances most likely halved? in danger of perhaps going out of existence if things dont change? it's no more than laughable to suggest the situations are comparable but i suppose the head-in-sand lot usually take a bit longer to see what's going on right in front of them. i was pissed off at shepherd and the football was depressing, but the situation now is critical.

Shepherd never had much going for him but I doubt he would have dithered and fiddled all season putting his faith in blind hope that we would stay up. Ashley's lack of decisive action when it was needed cost us millions. There really is no comparison.

Shepherd never had much going for him but I doubt he would have dithered and fiddled all season putting his faith in blind hope that we would stay up. Ashley's lack of decisive action when it was needed cost us millions. There really is no comparison.

the point sonme  (including me) have tried to make is that the position he had got us in....he really couldn't have "borrowed" to get us out..

we were hocked up to the limit and still needing to borrow to survive......eventually you aren't allowed to keep on doing it.

Guest neesy111

I remember after that game in the 06/07 season when we lost 0-1 at home to Sheff Utd. It was possibly one of the worst performances I've ever seen by an NUFC team...it was horrific.

But anyway, I remember just sitting there for about an hour, gutted, thinking "this is it; we're going down. If not this season then the next. We have no future whatsoever under Freddie Shepherd". Sadly, I can see this re-entering my thoughts if Shepherd gets near us again...

Obviously he would (somehow) be better than what we have, but I would take a gamble on any other investor any other day of the week of Shepherd and his crew.

yeap i remember the game

i remember the protests after, all aimed at shepherd

I just cant believe that to save us, we need the man who ran us into the ground to come back and buy us from the man that has his axe over our necks...

Only at NUFC.

If anyone else is truly interested in buying the club they only have to make a serious offer. I'm sure Ashley would prefer to sell to someone else.

yeap i remember the game

i remember the protests after, all aimed at shepherd

Aye, same. The funny thing was that, at the time, he was away in the Caribbean or some exotic place like that. Says it all...

the point sonme  (including me) have tried to make is that the position he had got us in....he really couldn't have "borrowed" to get us out..

we were hocked up to the limit and still needing to borrow to survive......eventually you aren't allowed to keep on doing it.

I'm well aware of all that, I was one of his biggest critics, but at the end of the day I'm also just a fan. If Ashley stays he'll run the club down and try to scrape back as much of his dough as he can. Shepherd will at least try and win promotion next season. Incidentally if Ashley wasn't such a spineless blimp he could have set his flabby jaw and invested in his club next season in an effort to get us back up. If he chooses to cut his losses and run we really are better off without him.

I'm well aware of all that, I was one of his biggest critics, but at the end of the day I'm also just a fan. If Ashley stays he'll run the club down and try to scrape back as much of his dough as he can. Shepherd will at least try and win promotion next season. Incidentally if Ashley wasn't such a spineless blimp he could have set his flabby jaw and invested in his club next season in an effort to get us back up. If he chooses to cut his losses and run we really are better off without him.

It's a devil and deep blue sea scenario.

It's a devil and deep blue sea scenario.

thiose are the two seemingly possible outcomes.

however this is NUFC.....anything probably will happen.