dyer, martins and given back

lovejoy

Harper's performance has been far from laughable, and it would be idiotic to think so. Bar his error at Liverpool (that effectively meant nowt anyway, we were never going to equalise), he's done a decent job in-between the sticks while Given has been away. Some of the saves he has pulled off have been quality, Given-esque at times.

Shay is the better of the two, plain and simple.  The fact Harper has done "okay" while Shay's been out is not enough in my mind to warrant keeping Given out.  That's what I find laughable.  Has Harper been shambolic? No.  But he's shown me absolutely nothing to convince me he deserves to keep the starting job over Given. 

He is a good #2 and true, at many other clubs in this league he may be good enough to be a #1.  But not here, while Shay is available for selection. 

Your clutching at straws if you think this will save us.....

We need a strike force, nothing more nothing less.

Without goals you loose.

Neither are goal scorers, and i do include Martins in that.

And with them back, we still have nowt.

You must be a mackem.

Eh??

He's right - we've got nowt.

Martins is not a good player. Dyer is very average.

Given coming back is brilliant. He's one of only about 6 top-7 premiership players we'll be fielding if he DOES play on Saturday.

Your clutching at straws if you think this will save us.....

We need a strike force, nothing more nothing less.

Without goals you loose.

Neither are goal scorers, and i do include Martins in that.

And with them back, we still have nowt.

You must be a mackem.

Eh??

He's right - we've got nowt.

Martins is not a good player. Dyer is very average.

Given coming back is brilliant. He's one of only about 6 top-7 premiership players we'll be fielding if he DOES play on Saturday.

Dyer is not an average player... on his day he's one of the best in the league.

And Martins... the jury's still out (and should be until he's completed his first season), but so far he's shown enough willingness to suggest that he could be a really good signing. One criticism though is he looks like a confidence player.

Which day was that?  I must have missed it! :winking:

A fit Shay for Gooners game would be nice I have to say, if there is any risk at all with him then he should not play against Man Cuty.

and from the sound of it is Martisn trains well today he could play tomorrow, but Roeder is not giving anything away really

he is being very careful about what he says baout who could play.