ESPN Classics 11:30am Newcastle v Brighton 1984

jarralad

the day my cousin got married.

i went to the match.

The best of friends today I reckon :)

haven't seen her in years. she was fine about it,had to give her a match report and buy her champers, but her mother wasn't very pleased. at least the evening reception bit was in the rainbow rooms above the co-op so i didn't have far to go.

I'll just have to dig out the old (recorded off the tele) VHS, complete with Jimmy Hill telling us that Peter Beardsley's 'special effort' was too late for goal of the season along with one by Kerry Dixon. That was some day. I wonder how many on here were there? I was, aged 6, and can still remember it vividly. Especially the lap of honour from Kev.

I was there, row  D Seat 41 in the East stand which was my ST seat at the time.

Lads next to me had a supermarket bag with bottles of whiskey and vodka in to drink during the match, dunno how they got them in or how they got away with drinking them in their seats either.

I was there too - In the West Stand Paddock, next to the Leazes End. God knows how my dad got the cash to take me (as an 11 year old) as being a pitman, he was on strike at the time.

Class day though. :)

I was there too BG. Family Section?. I was 13.

I was there too - In the West Stand Paddock, next to the Leazes End. God knows how my dad got the cash to take me (as an 11 year old) as being a pitman, he was on strike at the time.

i was in the centrepaddock, season ticket was £20.

class goal by beardsley, waddle and keegan ...what an attack.

I was there too BG. Family Section?. I was 13.

Yup - if I remember correctly!