Replacements?

Guest Heneage

Guest Heneage

I've seen a few members go on about investing the money on the players that leave in new players. I wondered who you all thought should be the new ones?

So we need

2 strikers

1Centre back

1 Right full back (Assuming Beye's gone.)

I've seen a few members go on about investing the money on the players that leave in new players. I wondered who you all thought should be the new ones?

So we need

2 strikers

1Centre back

1 Right full back (Assuming Beye's gone.)

We need ore than that really

We still have 4 strikers at this level with Carroll. Shola, Xisco and Ranger so nobody there. We are desperate for a full back at both sides and centre back we're possibly covered at this level with youth.

We don't need a left back if we keep Enrique.

In the current situation (ie assuming Beye and Bassong are out of here), I think we need one striker who is proven at this level, a no nonsense CB, and a right winger. Then for each other player that leaves, we'll need a like for like replacement.

centre back is a must, someone like Shittu would do a job for us for £2m.  Yes i know he's not brilliant or anything but he big and strong and will give us a presence at the back which we are sorely lacking.

We still have 4 strikers at this level with Carroll. Shola, Xisco and Ranger so nobody there. We are desperate for a full back at both sides and centre back we're possibly covered at this level with youth.

In the current situation (ie assuming Beye and Bassong are out of here), I think we need one striker who is proven at this level, a no nonsense CB, and a right winger. Then for each other player that leaves, we'll need a like for like replacement.

What happens if Enrique gets injured ?

Guest Roger Kint

centre back is a must, someone like Shittu would do a job for us for £2m.   Yes i know he's not brilliant or anything but he big and strong and will give us a presence at the back which we are sorely lacking.

I was going to suggest him but was worried what the reaction would be.

We do need a striker with pace and proven goals record though. The 4 we have worry me more than the opposition

Guest Heneage

Kadar? Tozer?

Ryan Taylor has spent many years in that position, and Shane Ferguson is ready for a small role too in my opinion. Not to mention that Kadar and Tozer can play there too.

Basically the issues of our playing personnel are no longer the same as when we are in the Premier League. Things like a back-up left back are too luxurious for a Championship club.

centre back is a must, someone like Shittu would do a job for us for £2m.  Yes i know he's not brilliant or anything but he big and strong and will give us a presence at the back which we are sorely lacking.

We do need a striker with pace and proven goals record though. The 4 we have worry me more than the opposition

:hom:

Guest Roger Kint

centre back is a must, someone like Shittu would do a job for us for £2m.   Yes i know he's not brilliant or anything but he big and strong and will give us a presence at the back which we are sorely lacking.

;D In the sense it would derail the thread :-[

We could do with cover for both fullback positions, at least on central midfielder for when Barton has another incident/injury, a couple of wingers who don't just stand around waiting for the ball so we can rid ourselves of Duff and at least one striker with a bit of pace.

An experienced central defender, or two, would be useful too, more so if Coloccini leaves.

Guest Roger Kint

Beevers would be a good replacement for Bassong imo.

Shef Weds would demand a fair price like. Expect £4m plus

I think people are going to be pleasantly suprised at how shit pre-season players suddenly look good in this division when Shearer walks in.

It never worked last season so in theory why would it now?

The threads about replacement players, its totally relevant :lol:

I think people are going to be pleasantly suprised at how shit pre-season players suddenly look good in this division when Shearer walks in.

Because the likes of Guthrie, Barton, Enrique, Duff, Shola, Taylor and Harper will suddenly become the best players in the division.

Because the likes of Guthrie, Barton, Enrique, Duff, Shola, Taylor and Harper will suddenly become the best players in the division.

They haven't looked shit in pre-season though.

Guest Roger Kint

The threads about replacement players, its totally relevant :lol:

Everyone was talking positions. Not sure if you have noticed but theres a hell of a lot of pages devoted to WHO we should sign ;D