The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Still, Atletico are vastly more talented than Fulham. Actually Wolfsburg and Juventus are both far more talented than them. :lol: I'd be dreaming either way as a Fulham supporter. Ridiculously presumptuous to talk about Fulham in the final though. 0-0 away isn't a great result. One goal by Hamburg at the Cottage and things get murky.

Any geeks watch England U18 (English Schools' Football Association) it was v the jocks team? Always find it wrong how Sky call this a game between England U18s when it ESFA team. If any one (& we will be lucky to get that) did who impressed?

England Squad: Josh Hart, GK (Merseyside and Mosslands School); Matthew Whitehead (Sussex and Chichester College); Thomas Boakye (Gloucestershire and Hartpury College); Nick Hancock, Captain (Gloucestershire and Hartpury College); Andrew Kelly (Durham and Queen Elizabeth VI Form College); Cliff Moyo (Staffordshire and Newcastle Under Lyme College); Connor Gater (West Midlands and Stourbridge College); Dale Whitham (Greater Manchester and Ashton on Mersey Sports College); Kenneth Reeves (Norfolk and City of Norwich School); Luke Boyce (Lincolnshire and Lincoln College); Lewis Robinson (Hampshire and Peter Symonds College); Liam Williams (Gloucestershire and Cirencester College); Reece Yorke (Middlesex and Stanmore College); Timothy Rivers (Sussex and St Wilfrid’s RC School); Daren Regis (Hertfordshire and Roundwood Park School); Adam Molloy, GK (Kent and Leigh Academy); Robert Thompson-Brown (Worcestershire and Redditch New College); Kris Wilkinson (Northumberland & Heaton Manor School)

Am I right in thinking that if Fulham win the Europa League, that would make 7th place no longer qualify for Europe as Fulham would be qualified from the PL as reigning champs or something?

Wouldn't that just mean that England has an extra place, as the reigning champions' right to defend the title doesn't count against the base spot allocation?

Please, anything to get Liverpool into Europe!

Wouldn't that just mean that England has an extra place, as the reigning champions' right to defend the title doesn't count against the base spot allocation?

And here I was hoping there might still be a way for Liverpool to not make it into Europe. :(

And here I was hoping there might still be a way for Liverpool to not make it into Europe. :(

Couldn't find anything on the awful UEFA site, but here's from wikipedia:

If the previous UEFA Europa League title-holders are not eligible to take part in either of the current UEFA club competitions (UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League) by virtue of their domestic form, the UEFA Administration may, at the request of the association of the club concerned, admit this club to the current UEFA Europa League competition. Its participation will not be at the expense of the contingent of its association.

Bert Kassie will know.  :sadnod:

Indeed he does:

The title-holder qualifies directly for the group stage of the Europa League. If the title holder already qualified for a qualifying round of the Europa League the total number of teams of that association does not change. The title holder spot in the Europa League is not used if the title holder qualified for the Champions League. The unused title holder spot and other empty spots are filled in the Europa League with priority for cup winners.

Any geeks watch England U18 (English Schools' Football Association) it was v the jocks team? Always find it wrong how Sky call this a game between England U18s when it ESFA team. If any one (& we will be lucky to get that) did who impressed?

England Squad: Josh Hart, GK (Merseyside and Mosslands School); Matthew Whitehead (Sussex and Chichester College); Thomas Boakye (Gloucestershire and Hartpury College); Nick Hancock, Captain (Gloucestershire and Hartpury College); Andrew Kelly (Durham and Queen Elizabeth VI Form College); Cliff Moyo (Staffordshire and Newcastle Under Lyme College); Connor Gater (West Midlands and Stourbridge College); Dale Whitham (Greater Manchester and Ashton on Mersey Sports College); Kenneth Reeves (Norfolk and City of Norwich School); Luke Boyce (Lincolnshire and Lincoln College); Lewis Robinson (Hampshire and Peter Symonds College); Liam Williams (Gloucestershire and Cirencester College); Reece Yorke (Middlesex and Stanmore College); Timothy Rivers (Sussex and St Wilfrid’s RC School); Daren Regis (Hertfordshire and Roundwood Park School); Adam Molloy, GK (Kent and Leigh Academy); Robert Thompson-Brown (Worcestershire and Redditch New College); Kris Wilkinson (Northumberland & Heaton Manor School)

A boy I tutor is friends with 2 of the midfielders in the Scotland squad. Be interesting to hear how they did.

Just been informed by Richard 'Shaved Hands' Keyes in the Manure - Spuds match preamble that Spuds are the form team 'in the country' at the moment.  I think not you lazy fuckwad of a 'journalist' - I thought it was only Ron Burghundy that read from the autocue without question.

Just been informed by Richard 'Shaved Hands' Keyes in the Manure - Spuds match preamble that Spuds are the form team 'in the country' at the moment.  I think not you lazy fuckwad of a 'journalist' - I thought it was only Ron Burghundy that read from the autocue without question.

Its the sky league, nothing else exists.