The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

If only the Premier League had clamped down years ago on the likes of Vieira, Grimandi, Keown, etc. players mightn't make those sorts of tackles today.

Rubbish. absolute nonsense. Football is a physical game and there will be injuries. It is unfortunate but it is the nature of the activity.

From the players I listed I'd have thought you'd have picked up what I meant there.

Those Ramsey images are awful. Feel terrible for him. He was really starting to live up to his talent. I hope he can recover.

Even though their was no tackle, and just a general challenge I still think they should of made warning when their was a good few seconds of focus on his leg.

They did warn you, you plum.

Today I was watching a show on ESPN and they showed the video of a basketball player dying on the court without warning. I'm particularly squeamish, but they could have mentioned it was coming up.

Did he die recently, or was it a clip from a long time ago?

I want to stay up for the Football League program now, but I've got to get up early in the morning (to set off for somewhere with a big arch over it, and no, not McDonalds).

I love that program. I can't explain why, I just think it is a case of perfect scheduling and it seems to last FOREVER.

Piss off.

If it makes you feel better, I'm not massively excited.

Why?

I've convinced myself beyond belief that we're going to lose, so I am fully expecting to lose.

I've simultaneously convinced myself that we're going to reach the FA Cup final, so that will be a happy consolation.

I am fully aware of the flaws in this plan.

Best to keep your expectations low, in my experience.

Oh, I am, believe me.

We're drinking in Harrow on the Hill (will turn out to be a shit hole, prob a Wetherspoons or something grim), we're getting the Tube to Wembley (will definitely be closed for the day), we've got category 2 seats (we won't see a fucking thing), it will be an embarassing defeat (no gloating towards the bluenoses on Monday).

And we'll break down on the M40

If only the Premier League had clamped down years ago on the likes of Vieira, Grimandi, Keown, etc. players mightn't make those sorts of tackles today.

Rubbish. absolute nonsense. Football is a physical game and there will be injuries. It is unfortunate but it is the nature of the activity.

From the players I listed I'd have thought you'd have picked up what I meant there.

:lol: I didn't catch it on the first read.

Those Ramsey images are awful. Feel terrible for him. He was really starting to live up to his talent. I hope he can recover.

Even though their was no tackle, and just a general challenge I still think they should of made warning when their was a good few seconds of focus on his leg.

They did warn you, you plum.

Today I was watching a show on ESPN and they showed the video of a basketball player dying on the court without warning. I'm particularly squeamish, but they could have mentioned it was coming up.

Did he die recently, or was it a clip from a long time ago?

20 year anniversary. I assume most older Americans would know about it, but I had never heard of the incident. Was surprising to me.

I want to stay up for the Football League program now, but I've got to get up early in the morning (to set off for somewhere with a big arch over it, and no, not McDonalds).

I love that program. I can't explain why, I just think it is a case of perfect scheduling and it seems to last FOREVER.

Piss off.

Why?

I've convinced myself beyond belief that we're going to lose, so I am fully expecting to lose.

I've simultaneously convinced myself that we're going to reach the FA Cup final, so that will be a happy consolation.

Oh, I am, believe me.

We're drinking in Harrow on the Hill (will turn out to be a shit hole, prob a Wetherspoons or something grim), we're getting the Tube to Wembley (will definitely be closed for the day), we've got category 2 seats (we won't see a fucking thing), it will be an embarassing defeat (no gloating towards the bluenoses on Monday).

Sounds about right. :thup:

Piss off.

Why?

Oh, I am, believe me.

Should go and call on David Ellery.

They showed all of your chances. Didn't show all of ours. Bastards.

Steve Claridge talking shit, as we had 2/3 chances in the first 5 minutes... took ages to get going, right.  :facepalm:

Watford - relegation battle? Yeah guys, don't forget the fact that we've two games in hand, both of which are home games. Twats.

Steve Claridge talking shit, as we had 2/3 chances in the first 5 minutes... took ages to get going, right.  :facepalm:

You mean he doesn't watch every single game but comments on them like he does?

Watford - relegation battle? Yeah guys, don't forget the fact that we've two games in hand, both of which are home games. Twats.

He always talks shit.