The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest kingdawson

oh and i wasn't fishing for compliments. I specifically asked you the question because i honestly feel you've been brainwashed by your teams style of play. I actually wanted to know if you had the audacity to say Villa (luckily you didn't).

You asked the Everton lads a similar thing the other day which was clearly fishing for compliments.

Take a look a few posts above for my view on our style of play. Compare that with your preaching about your team's style of play, then tell me I am the brainwashed one.

Earth calling Brummie. You don't think it's a little coincidental that i'm asking fans of the teams that are competing for 4th spot? I asked the Everton fans who they prefer to get 4th spot btw (nothing about style of play). How am i supposed to know they'd say us.

No i've realised you're not brainwashed now, but neither am I. We play attractive football to the neutral and you play effective football that relies on the use of good defenders and the counter attack....oh and a tall striker.

What i like the best is the notion that you have the right to call me on "audacity" were i to dare to suggest we play better football than you.

Are you the Judge Dredd of footballing purity or something?

Awesome stuff, btw, talking about us having a "tall striker". I take it you don't actually go to your matches very often if you can't see the irony in that. And as for the "we play attractive football for the neutral" thing, what do you want me to say to that? Get on the phone to English Heritage to suggest a blue plaque down WHL? Push for UN world heritage site status for Luka Modric?

And you wonder why pretty much every neutral hates Spurs with conceit like that.

My point was that we'd do perfectly fine without Crouch. You lot on the other hand would be totally lost without a tall striker upfront. The type of football you play will never work without the use of a tall striker.

Tbh i just hate how you play. Hate it with a passion. It's repulsive football imo, but it's effective so why should MON change. Your defensive record is superb but you don't score enough goals. As has already been said on here, you literally have a plan A and that's it. Btw i noticed today that the Villa forum has a 135 page thread on us...unreal.

f***ing hell, holier than thou wot wot.

I'm first to put my hand up when we play s**** or when a player isn't performing.

We're on a great run of form with practically half our starting X1 out (and loads of subs). We're grinding out results and still playing good football. Villa play similar football to Stoke (in that they both literally only have a plan A) and never get criticised. Brummie was first to say on here how he thinks Villa will win the FA cup (league cup also i think) so i can boast a little too.

Plus Brummie was pointing out to me how we don't put up much of a fight against the top 4 (which is true 100%).

It just seems like your going over and over the points that Brummie has agreed with, going further each time to make Spurs seem more like Barcelona (obviously an exaggeration) in comparison. Whether it's self congratulatory, or to get people to agree with you, or whatever Im not sure, perhaps you'll disagree, that's just what it seems like. You play nice football, but I don't think you exactly have any more of a diverse plan than Villa's in fact, they're similar as far as I can see. Spurs play better football, but to me that's purely a product of you having better players, not better tactics...that's probably the same reason I think that at their best, Man City play the better football, because they have a few players that are better than yours imo.

Yeh he's agreeing with me on this occasion tbh. We had this discussion before and his responses were different so maybe that's why i'm repeating myself (that and i'm merely trying to counter his responses). When things were not going so well Brummie points out all our inadequacies (which are mostly true). I think i'm allowed to do the same.

:thup: No bother, makes sense.

Any news on when you're getting a DM like Gareth Barry?  :cheesy:  :fishing:

:lol:

I feel bad now because Brummie was the one that backed me up on that. Ummmm Sorry Brum :blush:

Brilliance from Sir Jeff on Soccer Saturday when he was saying Reading had equalised. Something along the likes of, "Lita used to score goals for Reading, so he'd have been happy to have scored today...but not this particular one!" Goes to Windass who says it wasn't him that got the o.g. but Wheater and he tried getting out of it by saying, "Yes I know, it was Cockney rhyming slang, Leroy Lita, David Wheater!"

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Michael Owen gobshiteing it up on the Man U v Liverpool game. I feel bad for disliking him so much.

Michael Owen gobshiteing it up on the Man U v Liverpool game. I feel bad for disliking him so much.

Saying how he still looks out for Liverpool and Real Madrid's results, and then sort of including Newcastle at the end. Dick.

why did Lizzy read half an email, then pull a face and say 'don't quite get that one', smile and start reading another.

If it didn't make sense, and she bothered doing her job properly, then surely she wouldn't have bothered to read it in the first place?

it was about the offside trap.

Saying how he still looks out for Liverpool and Real Madrid's results, and then sort of including Newcastle at the end. Dick.

Wait untill we are in the Premiership and are taking point off Man Utd Michael. :toke:

Guest neesy111

Wait untill we are in the Premiership and are taking point off Man Utd Michael. :toke:

he'll get the worst reception of a former player since gazza left imo

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I really hope Torres can stay fit for the World Cup, I want to see Spain tear it up. Villa and Torres up front  :snod:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Not a pen, imo. The foul was outside.

Its Howard Webb man, he gets a £££ for every Pen he gives.

EDIT:

Hmm from a fantasy football point of view, does Rooney lose points for 'missing' a pen, or does the rebound count?