Italian Serie A - 09/10

LucaAltieri

Guest Heneage

I think you need some form of citizen ship to play for a team, be it parentage or living in the country from childhood/birth.

The problem is nations are giving out citizenship to footballer like it is nothing, while the poor people who would actually benefit are thrown back to wherever the hell they came from. You may remember the Dutch trying to fast track Soloman Kalou to citizenship. Qatar has some ridiculous rule that allows you to become a citizen after two years of residence and they have adopted several foreign mercenaries this way.

Yeah when I say citizenship I mean like I described, legitimate citizenship, not this faux citizenship like you mentioned.

Guest foreverer

Balotelli is clearly not ethnically Italian. He is born of African immigrants and is a citizen of that nation. There is a key difference here, imo. Those who say Balotelli is an Italian are correct. those who say Balotelli is not Italian are also correct. Citizenship and heritage are two very different things, especially in this globalized world. For the purposes of national teams, I think they should be open to those who hold citizenship of that nation and also those who can ethnically identify with a nation through parents, etc.

Btw, all these Italian teams have racist elements. ALL OF THEM. It's nasty, but it is also true. What was it? Four years ago that Inter fans caused Marc Zoro to stop playing because of abuse. I don't think it is any different in England, tbh. It really is a matter of what authorities do to stamp these elements out.

Not all Italian teams have racist elements.

I think every team has racist/nasty elements to some degree. This is true for every country. It's just a matter of how many people are this way, and whether or not the club represses these sentiments. This varies huge amounts in Italy and worldwide.

Well most of those racist fans are at (Serie A) clubs like Lazio, Juve, Roma, Inter. And at some teams like Livorno for example, there are no racist fans in the curva.

The writer clearly is a Balotelli fan, I on the other hand am not. It bears nothing to do with the club he plays for, as I am a fan of Sneijder, but it is the way he goes on.

For all this claims of racist abuse he has been given a free pass to be a fool and go on like the spoilt child at the Birthday party. In last Saturday's Derby he rolled round on the floor holding his face after being accidentally caught with an elbow to the chest. He like our own Andy Carroll has gotten into a bad habit of falling over or 'Diving' to put it more bluntly.

Juve fans answered his claims of racism on Saturday with a banner that read; 'Don't kid yourself Balotelli, we'd hate you if you were white' and it's true, all this talk of it being about race, surely if Juve fans were racist like Lazio they'd boo Melo, they'd boo Trezeguet, Amauri, like Lazio did with Manfredini their own player. If you want to nit pick you could argue Inter's fans are racist, they held cards saying 'better black than bianchoneri (Juve's nickname)' that can be seen as suggesting being black is a bad thing.

They may not have booed the other black players, but their chant at him was something like 'you fucking nigger' when translated. I know you're a Juve fan but to argue that it's nothing to do with race because they don't boo their own black players is naive imo.

Guest Heneage

The writer clearly is a Balotelli fan, I on the other hand am not. It bears nothing to do with the club he plays for, as I am a fan of Sneijder, but it is the way he goes on.

For all this claims of racist abuse he has been given a free pass to be a fool and go on like the spoilt child at the Birthday party. In last Saturday's Derby he rolled round on the floor holding his face after being accidentally caught with an elbow to the chest. He like our own Andy Carroll has gotten into a bad habit of falling over or 'Diving' to put it more bluntly.

Juve fans answered his claims of racism on Saturday with a banner that read; 'Don't kid yourself Balotelli, we'd hate you if you were white' and it's true, all this talk of it being about race, surely if Juve fans were racist like Lazio they'd boo Melo, they'd boo Trezeguet, Amauri, like Lazio did with Manfredini their own player. If you want to nit pick you could argue Inter's fans are racist, they held cards saying 'better black than bianchoneri (Juve's nickname)' that can be seen as suggesting being black is a bad thing.

They may not have booed the other black players, but their chant at him was something like 'you f***ing nigger' when translated. I know you're a Juve fan but to argue that it's nothing to do with race because they don't boo their own black players is naive imo.

I see your point but all I'm saying is, I don't think it's as bad as made out, like it was one incident they don't do that to every black player that visits.

Guest Heneage

Be fucked if I know, I'm glad Mancini has gone, ironically a Mourinho might be good, just someone who can  get the best out of players and bond them together we are lacking the unity of years gone by and while we need major investment, it seems that we'd be lucky to net spend over 10-15m per season.

Guest Heneage

He's shit, muy malo, not worth chucking in the bin, we'll give you 1m at most. :shifty:

No to be honest I like him, he's the total opposite of Grygera, all action, bombs forward and is just a good fullback, if he tidies up the defensive stuff we could have some player.

Always thought it was a stupid move to loan him out and spend 25m on Chygrynsky... but well, what Guardiola wants, Guardiola gets. He can play his granny as goalie if he wants to.

Juventus has an option to buy him for 11m, which would cover the money we spent on him. Still think he's an useful player for us, particularly as fullback.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Heneage

THE Maccarone?  f*** me, forgot he existed.

So did Inter's defence and look what happened. If they win this Maccarone will be the new Chuck Norris. I honestly no joke, compare him in style to Ravanelli.