Italian Serie A - 09/10

LucaAltieri

Couldn't see a thread for this.

Season kicks off shortly. Should be really competitive this year. Juve have made some good signings over the summer and should be back in the title race this season.

The Italian Super Cup is on at the moment.

Inter 0 - 0 Lazio.

Inter winning in ever area of the pitch other than the final 3rd. They're not really getting in behind Lazio and have been limited to shots from distance for the most part. They're not really testing the keeper.

Looks like they're missing Ibra.

Eto'o looks like he hasn't found his place in the team yet..... and he's just missed an open goal. Rounded the keeper then put it wide from a tricky-ish angle.

Yeah, they took advantage of Inter not being able to score earlier, fair play to them.

Aye.

They've barely had a kick but they're 2-0 up. Efficient... while Inter have been the exact opposite. They've looked the better side but have been so wasteful.

Eto'o again finds himself in an advanced position and ends up doing nothing with the ball.

Muntari has looked gash as well. He gets his head up and moves the play forward but he's really sloppy. Keeps losing the ball.

Zanetti has looked good. Balotelli hasn't been bad either. Looking forward to seeing how he plays this season. If anyone can keep him in check it's Mourinho.

Guest Duffer

Season kicks off shortly. Should be really competitive this year. Juve have made some good signings over the summer and should be back in the title race this season.

Inter 0 - 0 Lazio.

new manager for Juve, interesting to see how he does (Ciro Ferrara)

still think Inter need a creative midfielder like Deco or Hleb to make the next step from being best of a bad bunch to genuine champions league contenders

Inter 0 - 0 Lazio.

new manager for Juve, interesting to see how he does (Ciro Ferrara)

still think Inter need a creative midfielder like Deco or Hleb to make the next step from being best of a bad bunch to genuine champions league contenders

Yeah, I'm curious to see how Ferrara does... and Leonardo at Milan. I can't see Milan being in the title race this season but who knows; they might surprise everyone.

I think Juve have done well to sign Diego. I think Inter should have been in for him instead of signing Thiago Motta. I know what you mean about a Deco-type player. Zanetti had a good game today playing through the middle but he's getting on a bit and more of a defensive player. Cambiasso didn't do a great deal. They are a bit weak in that area.

Lazio didn't do much going forward today. Zarate was really quiet which is a shame because at times last season he looked really good.

Chiacchierando nei corridoi di Montecitorio con Umberto Bossi e un deputato Pd di fede rossonera, Daniele Marantelli, Silvio Berlusconi si lascia sfuggire una battuta che disegna un futuro molto diverso per il Milan. "Non prenderemo più giocatori sopra i 30 anni -ha detto il patron- anche perche' guadagnano molto. Noi vogliamo giovani con meno di 23 anni". Dichiarazione che, presa alla lettera, annulla gli attuali obiettivi di mercato rossoneri.

Berlusconi looking to adopt Mike Ashley's approach to signings.

He's said he doesn't want to sign players over 30 and is trying to specifically sign players under 23 years old.

If done correctly you have to agree it's a smart policy.

Aye, but unlike Mike Ashley he's gone out and signed quality: Huntelaar (albeit 25 years old).

Oguchi Onyewu is a bit of a strange signing. He's never really convinced at the highest level. Had a decent Confederations Cup but has always looked Titus Bramble-esque. At 27 years old he doesn't fit the "buy young" policy and is probably going to be harder to develop than a younger defender. I can understand why they went for someone physical but ultimately I think they've dropped a bollock there.

Guest Heneage

They need someone physical and quick like Onyewu really. They've lacked that, and looked for it in Senderos who proved to be a shocking loan signing.

They need someone physical and quick like Onyewu really. They've lacked that, and looked for it in Senderos who proved to be a shocking loan signing.

I can't see Onyewu being any better, tbh.

At least Senderos has looked credible in the Premier League from time to time. Onyewu was terrible the few months we had him. Completely out of his depth.

The only benefit I can see for Milan is the fact he was out of contract so they've picked him up on the cheap.

I suppose it still remains to be seen whether he'll actually get a game.

Guest Heneage

Yeah but the Premier League and Serie A are too different beasts. Serie A is not nearly as quick, play is built up at a slower pace and it will normally involve one quick pace change before a goal. That would suit an Onyewu as his pace and physicality will give him good recovery like Micah Richards. He's by no means a world beater but I see potential.

That's all well and good, but more than anything you need a good footballing brain to get by in Serie A. Lack of intelligence is probably Onyewu's biggest flaw. He acknowledged himself that his concentration needs to be improved upon. I can see him getting raped on a weekly basis if he plays.

Part of it is that I want to see him fail. How gutted are we going to be if he turns out to be class for Milan while we couldn't get a decent 90 minutes out of him?

That said, I have heard that he'll probably be a one-season wonder making a handful of appearances before being sold on for a profit. Cynicism at its finest.

He also looked like an Taliban fighter  :lol:

What a nut job :D

http://www.oleole.com/media/main/images/member_photos/group2/subgrp26/newmilansign_277700.jpg

On second thoughts he's going to fit in well in Italy.

http://www.daily-calcio.com/main/images/stories/a_DolceGabana_underwear_04.jpg

:lol: