Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think our football style will get better without Barton in the team to be honest.

People said the same when Carroll left and when Nolan left. I haven't seen much change tbh.

We've played 2 games without Nolan. :lol:

And the football didn't change after Carroll, if anything we played less long ball.

I think our football style will get better without Barton in the team to be honest.

People said the same when Carroll left and when Nolan left. I haven't seen much change tbh.

I think that's down to the manager rather than the players tbh.

Will miss his personality, not much more. Was allways fun to watch him, his controversy on the pitch. Allways knew he would be in some kind of clinch with a player. But I fully believe Cabaye will make us forget Barton ever was at the club, looks alot better player wich actually got some dribbeling skill and speed, and not to mention mobility to be that deeplying playmaker.

Good luck to Joey (except against us, of course :D). Deserves a warm reception at SJP.

Conducted himself very well IMO.

?? how exactly has he conducted himself well? I presume you are joking?

Not even a little bit.

The timeline as I see it is this:

Okay, very rough start what with the prison sentence and all. After that, he applied himself on the pitch and was one of our top performers. Whether the performances made up for the rough start and outweighs it is opinion etc. I think probably just about comes up on the positive side in that respect.

He fought our tyrannical owners (that should be me being comedic, but it's not!) and questioned their policies. He communicated with fans, was honest about what was going on the club and didn't let it affect his performances. The team morale hasn't seem troubled by it either. Look at Arsenal. Look at Sunderland. He shows passion, he screams at players for s*** passes, but that's part of football. It's good for football. He always ends up joking with people - even the opposition who stamp on him ffs! :lol:

His contract negotiations were an uphill struggle from the get go because of the owners. He is getting older, so obviously we shouldn't have offered him a 75k week contract for four years (or whatever it actually is), but if the owners weren't such complete antagonistic arseholes I'm sure we could have sweetened him for a 1 or 2 year deal at around £60k (probably even less, tbh).

You have top class older pros like Hangeland who could walk into most top table teams, but a relatively small club like Fulham can hold onto him because they're not run by mongs. Similarly, how many of Everton's top class older players are leaving, or desperate to find a way out of the club (a la Carroll, Nolan, Enrique, Barton)? None is the answer. And you know they of all people could get much better salaries elsewhere.

Barton, to his credit, fought to stay here - even when transfer listed, he dug his heels in and said he was proud to wear the colours. He also continued to put in important performances and helping us to four points already. Even though he was docked wages, trained alone and treated like crap in general. Then QPR come in and offer him a great deal, give him a future and show him some respect - what obligation does he have to Ashley to stay? None. He should do what's right for him, and he has. It's to his credit he didn't go sulk somewhere, not train, play (eg Modric, Maiga) during these troubled times.

Man, my chronology is really bad... but still, hopefully you see my perspective. Joey doesn't owe anyone anything, except himself. It was up to the club to make sure he felt he could get that at Newcastle.

They failed. Well, they would have failed if it was ever their intention to keep him at all - rather than their actual intention to just cut down the Administrative Expenses line on the end of year Financial Statements. f*** the league table, right.

:thup:

I think that's down to the manager rather than the players tbh.

I agree with that.

Yes but so far we haven't lost in competitive fixtures this season though

We didn't lose at home to Arsenal and away to Sunderland last season either.

No but arsenal weren't 4 up by half time either. Point being we have so far stopped the yo yo results

No but arsenal weren't 4 up by half time either. Point being we have so far stopped the yo yo results

And we have nothing to offer forward.

Have you looked at the league table? Stop thinking we should be the Harlem globe trotters and look at the fact that so far this season we are yet to lose. Arsenal are worse off.

Like I've said before in this thread, I am absolutely disappointed he's gone.

We have lost a leader on the pitch and seemingly in the dressing room too (I'm judging this from the Twitter interactions between one another and how it seems most of the players like him [even the new ones, ie. Cabaye]).

This is a loss for the team and he'll definitely be missed, no doubt about that in my mind. I'm disappointed that he has chosen QPR but I guess he was pushed into a corner by the c***s from above that he would have went anywhere (who would offer him a secure future/ambition which the new QPR owner seems to have compared to the c*** we've got).

But alas, it's time to move on and time for others to step up to the plate. I'd start Obertan now tbh.

Guest Mantis

Have you looked at the league table? Stop thinking we should be the Harlem globe trotters and look at the fact that so far this season we are yet to lose. Arsenal are worse off.

Short term view.  It's about where we'll be a few months after  the  transfer window when the bench is loaded  with teenagers.

We have lost a leader on the pitch and seemingly in the dressing room too (I'm judging this from the Twitter interactions between one another and how it seems most of the players like him [even the new ones, ie. Cabaye]).

This is a loss for the team and he'll definitely be missed, no doubt about that in my mind. I'm disappointed that he has chosen QPR but I guess he was pushed into a corner by the c***s from above that he would have went anywhere (who would offer him a secure future/ambition which the new QPR owner seems to have compared to the c*** we've got).

But alas, it's time to move on and time for others to step up to the plate. I'd start Obertan now tbh.

It is time for others to do the biz on the pitch not off it. Is Alex Ferguson a cunt for getting rid of Roy keane?

Short term view.  It's about where we'll be a few months after  the  transfer window when the bench is loaded  with teenagers.

Famous quote you never win anything with kids right? Let's look long term we are making good signings now with the reserves. I look forward to the future.

The type of players we're getting now, I don't think a leader of the Barton ilk is that major. We've still got influential players out there maybe not in the in-your-face style of Barton, but Coloccini, Tiote, and looking likely Cabaye are players who'll get the team going in a different way.

And if the players do need a rollocking, I've no doubt whatsoever that Carver & Stone (wow, I've just got that some people carve stones...genius) will be at hand to dish that one where necessary.

Man Utd don't look too bad.

The type of players we're getting now, I don't think a leader of the Barton ilk is that major. We've still got influential players out there maybe not in the in-your-face style of Barton, but Coloccini, Tiote, and looking likely Cabaye are players who'll get the team going in a different way.

And if the players do need a rollocking, I've no doubt whatsoever that Carver & Stone (wow, I've just got that some people carve stones...genius) will be at hand to dish that one where necessary.

I guess this is so but I'll miss the "Barton in-your-face approach" tbh.

I guess this is so but I'll miss the "Barton in-your-face approach" tbh.

I bet Alan pardew won't though

As long as journalists and fans alike continue to turn a blind eye to this ("We have other players" "We'll sign a replacement") and slag off the player for walking away ("Not amibitious" "Greedy cunt" "Good riddance"), then Mike Ashley will keep doing it.

It'll be the same with Jonas, the same with Tiote and the same with Coloccini.

He'll keep doing it whatever. Why would he not? He owns the club.

I'm sad to see him go, but at the same time I think most of us should appreciate the time and the effort he's given us. I haven't seen one match where he hasn't given us all, and I'm not so sure how this will affect our play. Maybe in a good way, as we can get a right winger more than a midfielder? But with Fat Mike's history I highly doubt there's gonna be any reinforcements on that area :(

Oh, and I also think we should understand his position at the club (free transfer?!) given that he's signed for the newcomers, even though alot of us are disappointed.

BIBI BARTON, GL @ QPR.