Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

"Cabaye = happy days" aye he sounds gutted like. :lol:

since when were we reduced to picking selective quotes to prove our points? Are we Martin Samuel in disguise?

Can you point out where he makes it 'pretty clear that he values the old guard above the new arrivals'?

Why? Don't you read your own website or twitter accounts ffs?

Can you point out where he makes it 'pretty clear that he values the old guard above the new arrivals'?

guilt through omission :pow: I don't see any tweets other than the Cabaye one and that one is completely open to interpretation as to it's tone/intent. 

:lol:

Are you making a conscious effort to talk in riddles?

Dont really like the idea of going to the Stadium of Light with only Colo and Jonas over the age of 27 (asuming we don't sell them as well) and a load of new french signings still finding their feet. 

Really hope Bartons still here and somewhere in the middle of the park for that game.

Although the same applies for the whole season really - Looking at the experience in the squad, I'd definitely make sure he was in the 1st 11 more often than not

Agreed, people seem to think these new players are going to be firing on all cylinders from the off.  We can't afford to just chuck all of the new signings in together and hope that they can play together from day 1.  We'll need as much experience as we can get at the start of the season and I'm concerned that we're trying to do too much by bringing in a lot of foreigners who have no or little experience of this league.  I would think at this time we're probably looking at starting with 5 new players, I include Ban Arfa as a new player as he's played so few games.

I’m not sure how we’d handle a few poor results early in the season if we have too many new players to the league.

Maybe he is, maybe he isn't.

I know you are, but what am I?

You mean you want quotes where he's specifically said this? Don't think you will find them.

You did think his quote was a jealous reaction to the news of Cabaye signing though, which suggests you thought he wasn't happy about one of the new arrivals coming in does it not?

If I knew what your point was I could possibly answer. How do you like that? :lol:

I know you are, but what am I?

Least he's keeping the French theme of the forum going with a Da Vinci Code style puzzle.

Dont really like the idea of going to the Stadium of Light with only Colo and Jonas over the age of 27 (asuming we don't sell them as well) and a load of new french signings still finding their feet. 

Really hope Bartons still here and somewhere in the middle of the park for that game.

Although the same applies for the whole season really - Looking at the experience in the squad, I'd definitely make sure he was in the 1st 11 more often than not

Agreed, people seem to think these new players are going to be firing on all cylinders from the off.  We can't afford to just chuck all of the new signings in together and hope that they can play together from day 1.  We'll need as much experience as we can get at the start of the season and I'm concerned that we're trying to do too much by bringing in a lot of foreigners who have no or little experience of this league.  I would think at this time we're probably looking at starting with 5 new players, I include Ban Arfa as a new player as he's played so few games.

I’m not sure how we’d handle a few poor results early in the season if we have too many new players to the league.

To do so would be unfair on the new lads as much as anything. Sink or swim against Arsenal and the mackems? I wouldn't like to go into it without some experience backing me up, I know that much.

To do so would be unfair on the new lads as much as anything. Sink or swim against Arsenal and the mackems? I wouldn't like to go into it without some experience backing me up, I know that much.

I'd fancy our chances against both as things stand.

I can maybe see your point against Sunderland (although remember when Big Sam dropped the likes of Beye, Martins, Enrique & Geremi for people like S.Taylor at right-back & Smith on a man-marking job on Kenwyne Jones because he wanted people who'd understand the derby...weirdo), but against Arsenal, their game would probably mirror what we're trying to aim for.

How much experience do you think we should have? Would you include Ba as someone with experience coming from half a season in the Premiership?

I wouldn't have any problem with throwing Ba + someone new in up front as with experience or not they would have to have a shocker to do worse than Shola and Lovenkrands.

From the midfield I think we could go 2 from last season and 2 new guys with Marveaux being used from the bench, a lot will depend on the formation we set out with pre season though.

I can maybe see your point against Sunderland (although remember when Big Sam dropped the likes of Beye, Martins, Enrique & Geremi for people like S.Taylor at right-back & Smith on a man-marking job on Kenwyne Jones because he wanted people who'd understand the derby...weirdo), but against Arsenal, their game would probably mirror what we're trying to aim for.

It's not even so much the opposition, although they're very tough games to kick off with - simple fact is that some players take longer than others to adjust to the league, some never do, and you don't really know for sure until you throw them in. Some take to it like a duck to water (Tiote, even Ben Arfa what we saw of him) but asking several to do it at once alongside each other isn't going to make it easy.