Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Stupid thing to do, but I can forgive him for it. He's improved loads in terms of his anger and mentality, not gonna crucify him for one slip-up, especially considering his performances this season.

How many slip ups do we allow? There's a point where a 'slip up' now and then becomes too regular a thing. Everytime he seems on the right track, he goes and f***s himself, as well as the team, over.

I was a big advocate in 'I'll judge when I see it', thinking a full on punch seemed a bit of an ott reaciton. Needless to say, it was an absolutely stupid thing to do, and it appears he's always going to have that volatile streak in him.

We applauded him for ignoring Henry, but maybe a player's found the right buttons to push, and it's a downhill slope from here? All I know is this incident is going to keep me constantly worrying about whether Barton will ever truly stay away from trouble.

to be fair this is the first incident i can remember since the alonso challenge about 2 year ago, and it was a daft little punch to the chest, little harm done.

Stupid thing to do, but I can forgive him for it. He's improved loads in terms of his anger and mentality, not gonna crucify him for one slip-up, especially considering his performances this season.

How many slip ups do we allow? There's a point where a 'slip up' now and then becomes too regular a thing. Everytime he seems on the right track, he goes and f***s himself, as well as the team, over.

I was a big advocate in 'I'll judge when I see it', thinking a full on punch seemed a bit of an ott reaciton. Needless to say, it was an absolutely stupid thing to do, and it appears he's always going to have that volatile streak in him.

We applauded him for ignoring Henry, but maybe a player's found the right buttons to push, and it's a downhill slope from here? All I know is this incident is going to keep me constantly worrying about whether Barton will ever truly stay away from trouble.

to be fair this is the first incident i can remember since the alonso challenge about 2 year ago, and it was a daft little punch to the chest, little harm done.

Was 18 months ago.  He's been injured the majority of the time since then.

Managed to get a laugh out of this on Facebook like. Had a slight rant about Barton being a clown for getting a probable 3 game ban. First 3 comments calling him a prick cunt what have you are, A Wolves fan :lol: A Mackem :lol: and an Arsenal fan :lol:

Replied with Karl Henry Lee Cattermole and did you see Captain Cesc tonight. Made me feel good anyway :D

Was 18 months ago.  He's been injured the majority of the time since then.

no stories of him kicking the s*** out of some charvas on a night out though, which was his main problem. he's never been that bad on the  field to be fair, certainly no worse than dozens others in the league.

not condoning his actions today mind

He'll be made an example of, for sure.

Oh good stuff, he's got a good track record of learning his lesson.

Honestly man - I'm still fucked off with him, what a muppet.  I was really coming round and starting to like him, not least because of the way he carries himself in interviews, but he's always talked the talk so I should've known.

Tbh if he keeps himself fit I can live with the odd ban, but I'd rather get the idiot off the wage bill ASAP.  For all the talk of him being our best player, he's not worth £60k/week and he'll always keep on doing this to himself.

Guest Heneage

Honestly man - I'm still f***ed off with him, what a muppet.  I was really coming round and starting to like him, not least because of the way he carries himself in interviews, but he's always talked the talk so I should've known.

Tbh if he keeps himself fit I can live with the odd ban, but I'd rather get the idiot off the wage bill ASAP.  For all the talk of him being our best player, he's not worth £60k/week and he'll always keep on doing this to himself.

True, but my point is, how many times do we see players get away with that sort of shit? Cattermole is a prime example, 3 games he could easily have been sent off.

I really cannot believe how OTT some people are being.

I really cannot believe how lax some people are being. Or rather I can, but I find it deeply depressing as a comment of the state of the game's morals.

I really cannot believe how lax some people are being. Or rather I can, but I find it deeply depressing as a comment of the state of the game's morals.

So we're looking for somewhere in between crucifixion and no punishment at all. That'll be a 3 game ban then

I've gone from hating joey to liking the bloke. Punching one of their players is stupid but I understand it. We have a passionate, close-knit team, and long may it remain that way. Removing that occassional act would be removing that passion.

So we're looking for somewhere in between crucifixion and no punishment at all. That'll be a 3 game ban then

Hopefully they'll dock us 25 points too.

Hopefully they'll dock us 25 points too.

Aye, lose- lose, its what we all want

Honestly man - I'm still f***ed off with him, what a muppet.  I was really coming round and starting to like him, not least because of the way he carries himself in interviews, but he's always talked the talk so I should've known.

True, but my point is, how many times do we see players get away with that sort of shit? Cattermole is a prime example, 3 games he could easily have been sent off.

I've coincidentally only just seen Cattermole's tackle last night.  Cattermole's clearly a thug.  Along with a few others, he should be getting long bans until he learns his lesson or is just banned practically all the time.  These things should stack up for those with track records - he could've really knacked the Spurs player (Modric?) last night.

I've seen much worse in the game go without the outcry this seems to be getting. Huddlestone last week for starters. I'm not condoning his actions but the only ill-feeling I have is that he should know better that any tiny discrepancy is going to be handled different because he is who he is. I definitely don't class it as some sort of outrageous assault.

Get a grip ffs.

I've seen much worse in the game go without the outcry this seems to be getting. Huddlestone last week for starters. I'm not condoning his actions but the only ill-feeling I have is that he should know better that any tiny discrepancy is going to be handled different because he is who he is. I definitely don't class it as some sort of outrageous assault.

Get a grip ffs.

:lol: Mirror, mirror on the wall...

I've gone from hating joey to liking the bloke. Punching one of their players is stupid but I understand it. We have a passionate, close-knit team, and long may it remain that way. Removing that occassional act would be removing that passion.

:lol: No it wouldn't man.  Can he not be a committed professional without the odd sly stomach jab like? :lol:

Guest DarkStormCrow

Did Shearer actually strike Keane before he took a swing?

Pedersen struck Barton with an elbow and Barton retaliated, bad move on Bartons part, but as many times as he been kicked and elbowed by the opposition this year he was going to react at some point, any normal man would.

but fuck it lets just ban Barton for life

Get a grip ffs.

he killed a bloke for fuck sake man, how can you be so cool about this!