Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest reefatoon

Don't kid yourself.  The only way Barton said he is staying for the rest of this season, had nothing to do with any love for our football club, and everything to do with the nice big slice of wedge he will receive when he became a free agent.

It proves it now, as the club have said he can leave for nothing, so he can get his big signing on fee, so doesn't matter who the club is (QPR) if they are going to give him a tasty slice of money now then he will be off.

Guest bimpy474

If he wanted security and to be settled, why would he uproot himself to London after 4 years in the North East?

Because as it stands he isn't getting a new contract so he will have to do that anyway after 5 years, his two choices are move now on a 5 year contract with someone else, or stay and hope for a new contract here, with Ashley in charge that isn't happening, he doesn't really have a choice tbf.

I know that, I just meant that family stability isn't the reason, because going to QPR doesn't help that.

What Sicko2ndbest said two post below yours, spot on from him ;)

Don't kid yourself.  The only way Barton said he is staying for the rest of this season, had nothing to do with any love for our football club, and everything to do with the nice big slice of wedge he will receive when he became a free agent.

It proves it now, as the club have said he can leave for nothing, so he can get his big signing on fee, so doesn't matter who the club is (QPR) if they are going to give him a tasty slice of money now then he will be off.

Why is this even being debated. This is true of every single footballer???

Who gives a fuck.

We are giving away a first team player for free a year early for no reason whatsoever. Wake up man.

Guest bimpy474

If he wanted security and to be settled, why would he uproot himself to London after 4 years in the North East?

Because as it stands he isn't getting a new contract so he will have to do that anyway after 5 years, his two choices are move now on a 5 year contract with someone else, or stay and hope for a new contract here, with Ashley in charge that isn't happening, he doesn't really have a choice tbf.

It is only a short term thing. His child isnt born yet and wont start school for 5 years. He and his missus can move wherever they like and have friends around them

O0

we should have renewed his contract here in the first place and it wouldnt have come to this. it's fairly obvious he would've agreed to a reasonable deal as he's settled here and likes the club, the problem is that reasonable for mike ashley is 'take a pay cut, i dont care how important to the team you are'.

he'd easily be able to play at this level for another 3 years imo, wo are we hoping takes his place now btw? gosling? pathetic. i'm sick of this club being ran like a poundstretchers branch for fucks sake. we're forcing out one of our best players and meanwhile we STILL haven't strengthened in the positions we've needed to address for months, bumbling around trying to save every penny we can while the team is just left to cope.

stop being such clueless twats. pay what players are worth, renew contracts of players that are important to the squad. dont just gamble on cheap stuff that might work out man. we're better than this, fuck off ashley.

Who gives a f***.

We are giving away a first team player for free a year early for no reason whatsoever. Wake up man.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Why the fuck would he trust anyone from the club, AP included, if they said they would look at his contract again at the end of the season.

Isn't the whole 'not wanted' and being transfer listed is the result of his twitter outbursts and that the original contract is still on the table for him?

I can't see the QPR contract matching ours - what's the point in moving then?

For me, if he goes, its who comes in to replace him. A good player but he has this uncontrollable nutter streak in him. Last season it was a punch in the stomach, this season he's already kicked off with arsenal which could have seen himself sent off.

Guest reefatoon

Who gives a f***.

I totally agree we shouldn't be giving him away for free, that's not what i was saying.

But at the end of the day, for all the time he has been available, only QPR have popped in to show any interest?  I think it proves Joey isn't as wonderful as he thinks he is.

Guest bimpy474

How anyone on here is happy/not bothered to see him leave is beyond me. Losing one of our best players and - most importantly - almost for sure, without replacing him.

I dont think none of us are happy about it, apart from the circus and drama queen nature that follows Joey, that stuff will be not be missed at all, but as a player he is going to be a big miss, his battling will be more missed than his actual football ability for me, he fights for the team, that is hard to replace.

How anyone on here is happy/not bothered to see him leave is beyond me. Losing one of our best players and - most importantly - almost for sure, without replacing him.

if they can be happy/not bother with Ashley, i don't think they will unhappy about other things

I dont think none of us are happy about it, apart from the circus and drama queen nature that follows Joey, that stuff will be not be missed at all, but as a player he is going to be a big miss, his battling will be more missed than his actual football ability for me, he fights for the team, that is hard to replace.

:sadnod:

I, for one, am not happy at all with today's development.

Isn't the whole 'not wanted' and being transfer listed is the result of his twitter outbursts and that the original contract is still on the table for him?

I can't see the QPR contract matching ours - what's the point in moving then?

They will offer him a 3 or 4 year deal, which means if he snaps his cruciate in the next 6 months he's still set up for a nice wage. It's the life of a footballer, their careers could end any minute.

if they can be happy/not bother with Ashley, i don't think they will unhappy about other things

These people do not exist.

:thup:

In between all the moaning, there might come something good out of it. With JB's wages of the pay-roll we might be able to (hold yer horses) up our bid for Pieter or Aly. Remains to see though.

For me, if he goes, its who comes in to replace him. A good player but he has this uncontrollable nutter streak in him. Last season it was a punch in the stomach, this season he's already kicked off with arsenal which could have seen himself sent off.

We wont replace him.

I'm not very good at maths, if we get a replacement for Barton at say £40,000 a week for 4 years for let say 3m transfer, does that work out cheaper than giving him a 4 year contract at lets say £65k a week?

Who gives a fuck.

it's the way small minded folk justify to themselves that everything is rosy at our club no matter who leaves, it's mind-numbingly predictable.

I don't think that anyone on this board is happy/ not bothered about Ashley and some of the things that have happened during his tenure