Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Neil Warnock: "I have to say I didn't think I'd get Joey if I'm honest. I expected one of the better clubs to have a gamble on him. I think he should be playing at the top.

"When you need Joey Barton is when you are 1-0 down today. You need someone to grab somebody by the throat and say 'let's get going' - in a nice way.

"I'm hoping Joey can bring that to the club. I think he can get more out of players because he wants to win all the time. I'm looking forward to working with him.

"I'm pleased with the effort they put in today. I thought they were fantastic and I told them I couldn't ask for more. If we'd scored first we'd have won the game."

???

So just to be clear, as with most players who leave this club, is Barton

(a) a Judas

(b) a c***

© a money grabber

(d) has cunningly engineered his way out

(e) all of the above

To add to that, does that mean anyone wanting to leave will be shoved out for free after saying nasty things about the state of the club?

If they've previously been in prison for seven months, then yeah, probably.

and if they haven't?

Then I doubt it.  Didn't happen to Jose.

Obviously wasn't nasty enough with his comments

He revealed more than Barton (regarding his contract offer).

Enrique would bring in a bigger transfer fee though. Have you ever wondered why Barton was given a free transfer when the club are looking for full value from transfers?

That's my point.  Barton was an exception because he had previous with the board, it won't happen again unless you got someone who has p*ssed off the owner as much.

So you're saying that any player who's had previous with the board will be given a free transfer?

If they've been in prison then yeah, probably.

(a) a Judas

(b) a c***

© a money grabber

(e) all of the above

To add to that, does that mean anyone wanting to leave will be shoved out for free after saying nasty things about the state of the club?

and if they haven't?

Enrique would bring in a bigger transfer fee though. Have you ever wondered why Barton was given a free transfer when the club are looking for full value from transfers?

That's my point.  Barton was an exception because he had previous with the board, it won't happen again unless you got someone who has p*ssed off the owner as much.

So you're saying that any player who's had previous with the board will be given a free transfer?

My guess is that he was forced out purely to lower the wage bill(-£2Mish) while giving no thought whatsoever to the team. If he was worth £10M+ he would never have been let go for nothing. I'd also say that Barton is also at fault in this mess

(a) a Judas

(b) a c***

© a money grabber

(e) all of the above

and if they haven't?

My guess is that he was forced out purely to lower the wage bill(-£2Mish) while giving no thought whatsoever to the team. If he was worth £10M+ he would never have been let go for nothing. I'd also say that Barton is also at fault in this mess

Closer to £4m

It was Newcastle's first game since influential midfielder Joey Barton left for Queens Park Rangers and Pardew admits his absence was felt, but is proud of how his midfield coped without him.

"We just lost a little bit of control at the end which was a shame," said Pardew.

"Joey would have given us a little bit more control today, we were always going to miss player like that, but we coped well today in the midfield.

"Danny Murphy was a problem for us every time he had the ball but we coped. At times, we bossed that area."

Danny Murphy is a player that I still wouldn't mind seeing here. Being underrated for most of his career.

I know. I'm just saying he's still a quality player.

I was having an argument with a mate of mine when I was saying I much prefer him as a player to Scott Parker.

This from the true faith message board which I read. May also be one of you from here but agree totally with this comment:

"I haven't seen him smile yet having signed for QPR. One can only imagine he woke up this morning and wondered why has has got himself into this situation. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the Barton household to try and gauge the mood. He still had 12 months here on 60k a week and at the end of that, he would've still got a move somewhere. He engineered a move away but he did it in the hope of landing a club like Spurs. When it became clear that no one else was interested, he must have panicking about opening his gob.

Let's not beat around the bush here. He knew exactly what he was doing when he spoke out on Twitter, it was a situation that was engineered to get him out of NUFC but if you had suggested to Barton that QPR would be the only club interested in taking him at the time, he'd have probably laughed.

He had backed himself into a corner and Ashley called his bluff. There is no way in a million years he wanted and/or expected QPR to be his last resort.

It's a lesson to anyone who thinks they are bigger than a club or a regime, the grass certainly isn't always greener on the other side, and I say this holding our owner and chief in the contempt they deserve. Even with the current situation in mind, NUFC is a better place to play your football than QPR, every single day of the week."

Nailed it.

Aye, apart from overlooking the tiny detail about QPR starting to show themselves to be a club with bold ambitions, and the likelihood they will soon overtake us in those stakes the way things are going...

Do you really believe that GM? Aye we've sold quality but we've also bought quality.

Wait and see, mate. Wait and see.

Right now, I'm unconvinced. Seriously underwhelmed by a lot of what I saw today.

Guest Heneage

Do you really believe that GM? Aye we've sold quality but we've also bought quality.

Right now, I'm unconvinced. Seriously underwhelmed by a lot of what I saw today.

Would you have been happy with Luke Young on a 3 year deal?

Congratulations on another irrelevant interjection.

How ambitious can QPR really be? Their new owner (Tony Fernandes) has a lot less money than their old owner (Bernie Ecclestone). To be fair to QPR, Fernandes is a lot more likely to spend money than Ecclestone.

Tony Fernandes - In 2010, Forbes Asia valued Fernandes' personal wealth at $330 million ranking him at number 19 on the Forbes list of Malaysia's Richest.

Bernie Ecclestone - The Forbes World's Billionaires List of 2011 ranked Ecclestone as the 4th richest person in the United Kingdom, with an estimated fortune of $4.2 billion

$330m isn't that much when you think of all the other businesses he is involved in.

QPR aren't showing ambition. They're throwing stupid wages at players on the way down in a desperate attempt to stay up. Just reminds me of West Ham, Luke Young is their Wayne Bridge.

Barton is obviously a good player but we all know he's no central midfielder anymore.

Guest Heneage

Congratulations on another irrelevant interjection.

How so?

You're saying QPR are showing more ambition than ourselves. I'm contesting that. They've signed players who either couldn't get a game elsewhere, or weren't interesting other Premier League clubs. It's all well and good saying you want to bid for Scott Parker but until he's through the door in a QPR shirt they are but words.

I'm not saying I'm ecstatic with our business. I'd have liked to see a CB and a top striker come in, but compared to QPR I know which is more likely to stay up. If you believe Danny Gabbidon and Kieron Dyer are ambitious then fine, but I'm just asking you to explain your reasoning.

QPR aren't showing ambition. They're throwing stupid wages at players on the way down in a desperate attempt to stay up. Just reminds me of West Ham, Luke Young is their Wayne Bridge.

Barton is obviously a good player but we all know he's no central midfielder anymore.

They are showing ambition to go forward, to stay up. We arent even showing ambition to stay where we are, never mind moving forward.

They are showing ambition to go forward, to stay up. We arent even showing ambition to stay where we are, never mind moving forward.

I just don't see that as ambition. To me it's desperation, just like when West Ham were throwing wages at Robbie Keane, Ba, Bridge etc.

I agree we're hardly be ambitious.

I just don't see that as ambition. To me it's desperation, just like when West Ham were throwing wages at Robbie Keane, Ba, Bridge etc.

I think it can be considered ambition if they are strengthening their team which I think they are doing.

I think it can be considered ambition if they are strenghtening their team which I think they are doing.

I call it a flawed transfer policy. Whatevs.