Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Roger Kint

The lengths some people will go to, to defend these clowns running our club is truly unbelievable, seeing stuff that isn't there, making stuff up or ignoring it

How ironic.......

You mean like Alanis Morisette's song ironic, that contained no irony?

Feel free to give me an example of what you think is ironic and I can kill two birds with one stone, ready when you are.

Not surprisingly you are confused. Maybe some proof of these 'people' you refer to would have been a start as i have seen nobody setting out to defend the two wankers running this club. I see some people mature enough to understand  the difference between acknowledging a rare correct decision and defending them but surely you arent stupid enough to think they are one and the same? Its also ironic that this thread has people blindly agreeing with Bartons bullshit as its a chance to s*** on the aforementioned clowns. Hello Colocho

So no irony and no example, glad we sorted that out.

Didnt read the rest as you clearly didnt read mine, try again

Apology accepted.

Erm ok if thats the best you got run away #helmet

So it's not possible to think that both Barton and Llambias are cunts? Because that's where I stand. I think they're both egotistical, sly, manipulators of the truth with track records for being cunts and that's probably the reason they have clashed to the point that even now both sides refuse to just shut the fuck up and give it a rest.

Guest Roger Kint

So it's not possible to think that both Barton and Llambias are cunts? Because that's where I stand. I think they're both egotistical, sly, manipulators of the truth with track records for being cunts and that's probably the reason they have clashed to the point that even now both sides refuse to just shut the fuck up and give it a rest.

A needless exchange between two utter wankers was always going to reveal a few agenda's though. I agree with you again btw.

But one is the managing director of our football club...

Worth noting that I used to be in the 'Barton is an interesting character who's changed his ways' camp, but he's proven to be a complete knacker since leaving and looking at him without black and white specs on he really is a bit of a wanker.

But one is the managing director of our football club...

Nice observation.

This whole defence of Barton based on him being on some sort of "becoming a better person" mission doesn't wash with me. I have always thought he was a good footballer, and some of the twitter stiff was at first quite funny.  But as a character, if you look at his track record, the very best you could say about him is that he's an attention seeeking, psychotic egomaniac. He had his ego bruised here and can't stand it.

As for Llambias every time he makes some public pronouncement it seems to me to be oozing with cynicism and venom. I can't believe that isn't a true reflection of his character. I think he and Barton are both pretty reprehensible tbh although at least Barton is good at his job.

What and who is defending Barton of anything based on him being a better person? This place is like a mental institution at times.

I'm guessing this is your interpretation of what I wrote?

You said:

He's intelligent, articulate and worth listening to when interviewed, doesn't strike me as a liar, he knows his faults and he's actively trying to make himself a better person, Llambias on the other hand is a disgusting human being and is despised to a man by everyone at SJP from what I hear.

So that was, in part, what I was referring to - yes.

So it's not possible to think that both Barton and Llambias are c***s? Because that's where I stand. I think they're both egotistical, sly, manipulators of the truth with track records for being c***s and that's probably the reason they have clashed to the point that even now both sides refuse to just shut the f*** up and give it a rest.

Of course it is as long as you're not precious enough to think things are about you when they're not? I don't think I've even noticed you're thoughts apart from saying my opinion was shit and cheerleading on a post that was fundamentally flawed?

I want footballers to be open and honest when being interviewed, I hate the trite, cliched, lip service that is usually paid when they're conducted.

I also think Llambias' response was appalling, not getting into a war of words by getting into a war of words, using Gary Speed to curry favour, making false threats of legal action and mentioning Sports Direct as though he works for them. Is this the kind of gutter response I want from the MD of my football team? No it isn't.

It doesn't matter what you think of them as people, it's what they've said and done that's important, just like Joey Barton's opinions on suicide the other day, why did he even need to comment? Any criticism on that particular statement is justified, there was no need, he knew no facts and people were obviously upset.

This whole defence of Barton based on him being on some sort of "becoming a better person" mission doesn't wash with me. I have always thought he was a good footballer, and some of the twitter stiff was at first quite funny.  But as a character, if you look at his track record, the very best you could say about him is that he's an attention seeeking, psychotic egomaniac. He had his ego bruised here and can't stand it.

As for Llambias every time he makes some public pronouncement it seems to me to be oozing with cynicism and venom. I can't believe that isn't a true reflection of his character. I think he and Barton are both pretty reprehensible tbh although at least Barton is good at his job.

What and who is defending Barton of anything based on him being a better person? This place is like a mental institution at times.

You said:

He's intelligent, articulate and worth listening to when interviewed, doesn't strike me as a liar, he knows his faults and he's actively trying to make himself a better person, Llambias on the other hand is a disgusting human being and is despised to a man by everyone at SJP from what I hear.

So that's was, in part, what I was referring to - yes.

So what am I excusing Barton for or defending him on based on him being a better person like? He also has a stupid hair cut, might as well base my defence around that.

You said:

So what am I excusing Barton for or defending him on based on him being a better person like? He also has a stupid hair cut, might as well base my defence around that.

It would make more sense if you did.

You said:

It would make as much sense as your claim that he's being defended based on becoming a better person.

Are you going to tell me what I'm defending him on based on him being a better person? Or point anyone else that is? I'm glad you can bold irony for the cheerleader and his mate anyway.

You said:

It would make as much sense as your claim that he's being defended based on becoming a better person.

Are you going to tell me what I'm defending him on based on him being a better person? Or point anyone else that is? I'm glad you can bold irony for the cheerleader and his mate anyway.

I would have thought it was fairly obvious from what you said that you were using your belief that he is trying to make himself a better person as a defence. And I don't buy the argument. Haven't got a clue what you are on about in the last two sentences of your post above though.

It would have been wiser for Llambias to say nothing, but what he said was right. At this particular time, it's a disgrace that we have a former player publicly complaining about not getting his bonus.

I think you're right he should he]ave said nothing but I disagree with your conclusion that he was publicly complaining about not getting his bonus.

Again, he gave an interview to a QPR fanzine, he chose not to sign the bonus sheet, thus he didn't get a bonus, his choice. Based on what he says were lies, undelivered promises, he mentions principles and says its about power and control.

How can that compute to publicly complaining about not getting a bonus?

You said:

I would have thought it was fairly obvious from what you said that you were using your belief that he is trying to make himself a better person as a defence. And I don't buy the argument. Haven't got a clue what you are on about in the last two sentences of your post above though.

So nobody is defending anybody on anything based on him becoming a better person, glad we've managed to clear up another myth, dear god, surely the first thing you make sure you can do before engaging in debate is read and write to a decent standard.

You said:

So nobody is defending anybody on anything based on him becoming a better person, glad we've managed to clear up another myth, dear god, surely the first thing you make sure you can do before engaging in debate is read and write to a decent standard.

And so the theme of irony makes a massive return to the thread.

You said:

Well yes, I suppose it's the last thing people do and instead they just ignore the issue when it becomes a problem.

Feel free to tell me what is being defended and by whom, for being a better person if you ever find an example and I'll see if I agree with you.

You said:

Well yes, I suppose it's the last thing people do and instead they just ignore the issue when it becomes a problem.

Feel free to tell me what is being defended and by whom, for being a better person if you ever find an example and I'll see if I agree with you.

I already have and can't be arsed to do so again. The irony of you, who can't even understand your own posts, handing out a lecture on being able to read and write to a decent standard is clearly lost on you.