SSN: David O'Leary 'no longer in contention' for NUFC job

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ginola a legend? For us? You insult true legends with that WUM

Oh get lost. He was a hero of mine growing up.

He was brilliant for us under Keegan and people on here have short memories.

I've read people calling Ketsbaia a legend and give him the job because he kicked an advertising board but what we'd have given for Ginola in his pomp last season.

tbf what would we have given for ketsbaia in his pomp last season. hell man you can go as far down as stephen glass and it would still have been an improvement.

Guest Roger Kint

I've read people calling Ketsbaia a legend and give him the job because he kicked an advertising board but what we'd have given for Ginola in his pomp last season.

Clueless WUM! I would have loved us to have Ginola in his pomp last time FFS. He was better for Spurs, far more consistent and didnt give up in his second season.

tbf what would we have given for ketsbaia in his pomp last season. hell man you can go as far down as stephen glass and it would still have been an improvement.

Glass would have kept up last season and that's saying something.

Even someone as limited as Lovenkrands nearly made the difference. Just shows you what a let down Owen was. He should have done enough to keep us up. And Viduka.

Clueless WUM! I would have loved us to have Ginola in his pomp last time FFS. He was better for Spurs, far more consistent and didnt give up in his second season.

Well considering he was footballer of the year for Spurs that's not surprising.

He was great for a year here. Klinsman is a legend at Spurs yet he was only there for one season and didn't win anything.

Guest Wally_McFool

Ginola is not a legend.

Oh, I dunno!

His laziness and unwillingness to track back was quite legendary

Guest Roger Kint

He was great for a year here. Klinsman is a legend at Spurs yet he was only there for one season and didn't win anything.

Well as you dont consider Mourinhos Champions League medal as a good acheivement i was nt sure :rolleyes:

Klinsmann only one year? Really?

Well as you dont consider Mourinhos Champions League medal as a good acheivement i was nt sure :rolleyes:

Klinsmann only one year? Really?

Now you're putting words in my mouth.

And yes Klinsman was there for 1 year and still considered a legend.

He came back a few years later for a short loan spell.

No, people were calling for Ketsbaia because as well as loving the club, he's actually learned his trade elsewhere and done wonders with Famagusta getting them to the Champions League.

Guest Roger Kint

No, people were calling for Ketsbaia because as well as loving the club, he's actually learned his trade elsewhere and done wonders with Famagusta getting them to the Champions League.

Gazza doesnt rate the Champions League, he prefers managers who played over 700 games O0

Yet the same people will call for Shearer when he's had 10 games in management and got us relegated in that time.

That's what i'm saying. Like Ketsbaia is at least currently doing, the likes of Shearer and Ginola need to learn their trade first.

And getting Famugusta into the CL hardly qualifies him.

Guest Phil K

Ginola is not a legend.

Oh, I dunno!

This tripe gets on my wick.

The same sh1t that was thrown at Robert too - Duff tracks back, so does Alan Smith

Neither excites the fans or creates much on the pitch

Give me Ginola - YES, a legend - and Robert not "tracking back" but threatening up the other end of the pitch any time.

I still dont know how Ginola gets the legend status from you when he slagged the area and the people off when he signed for spurs.

Every player does this - if they don't, the national press say they do anyway.

I can't remember him doing anything of the sort by the way.

But it's the usual thing when a player leaves us or the makems for the rags to attack the team fans and area, and say the player said it.

Players aren't too bright. They'll nod like a trained monkey and grin and say what the rags want to hear.

Ginola is not a legend.

Oh, I dunno!

The same sh1t that was thrown at Robert too - Duff tracks back, so does Alan Smith

Give me Ginola - YES, a legend - and Robert not "tracking back" but threatening up the other end of the pitch any time.

I still dont know how Ginola gets the legend status from you when he slagged the area and the people off when he signed for spurs.

But it's the usual thing when a player leaves us or the makems for the rags to attack the team fans and area, and say the player said it.

Players aren't too bright. They'll nod like a trained monkey and grin and say what the rags want to hear.

Exactly.

Ginola is not a legend.

Oh, I dunno!

Ginola was outstanding for his first 6 months after which he wanted away and became the archetypal sulking Gallic.Not a legend in my eyes.

Ginola is not a legend.

Oh, I dunno!

Erm no, he specifly made remarks about the area and the people.

I dont disagree that he was a quality player but he did chuck it all in and gave up.

And I do understand that he was an out and out forward/winger who would not track back.

I never expected him to.

Legend.

No.