SSN: David O'Leary 'no longer in contention' for NUFC job

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Brazilianbob

I think its fairly obvious that whoever is appointed it will be becuase he promises to bring the youth players through and will not be after transfer funds.  On the same note, Shearer is not going to be appointed because he wants money to spend in the transfer market

Guest Roger Kint

Mourinho has an ego due to being a success, the man is a proven winner in every job. The other two have basically done jackshit managerially. The only thing that defies belief round here is the fact you cant separate these blatently obvious facts :facepalm:

That's a laugh. Mourinho hasn't achieved half of what O'Leary has in football but Mourinho can have an ego (even before Chelsea) and O'Leary can't.

Erm Mourinho had 2 league titles plus domestic cups and Uefa Cup AND Champions League success before Chelsea you brainless gimp!

:idiot2:

Mourinho has an ego due to being a success, the man is a proven winner in every job. The other two have basically done jackshit managerially. The only thing that defies belief round here is the fact you cant separate these blatently obvious facts :facepalm:

As soon as he'll guide a mediocre team to the top I'll agree on the proven winner bit. But ffs he managed Porto (Portugals No 1 at that time), Chelsea (with unlimited transfer funds) and Inter (Moratti in the back; not much different to Chelski)! I still think he can't handle any pressure...

Guest Roger Kint

As soon as he'll guide a mediocre team to the top I'll agree on the proven winner bit. But ffs he managed Porto (Portugals No 1 at that time), Chelsea (with unlimited transfer funds) and Inter (Moratti in the back; not much different to Chelski)! I still think he can't handle any pressure...

Yeah its easy to win the Champions League with Porto like :mackems:

That's a laugh. Mourinho hasn't achieved half of what O'Leary has in football but Mourinho can have an ego (even before Chelsea) and O'Leary can't.

Erm Mourinho had 2 league titles plus domestic cups and Uefa Cup AND Champions League success before Chelsea you brainless gimp!

O'Leary is Arsenal's record appearance holder and starred in World Cup's for Ireland, won league titles, FA Cups, league cups etc etc. Mourinho never even played the game. So of course O'LLeary has achieved more in football.

He has more right than Mourinho to have an ego. David O'Leary was riding high in the CL with Leeds when Mourinho was still a translator.

O'Leary is Arsenal's record appearance holder and starred in World Cup's for Ireland, won league titles, FA Cups, league cups etc etc. Mourinho never even played the game. So of course O'LLeary has achieved more in football.

He has more right than Mourinho to have an ego. David O'Leary was riding high in the CL with Leeds when Mourinho was still a translator.

How old were each of them at that particular time?

Exactly.

Porto - They win that league most years anyway but did give them success in Europe which got him the Chelsea job. Chelsea - much more money to spend that anyone else and Man U were in transition and Arsenal were fading away. He couldn't give them success in Europe though.

Inter - Like Porto and Chelsea, was expected to win the league and they had no challengers last season. He will be judged there on his CL record and they were rubbish in Europe last season.

How old were each of them at that particular time?

Well O'Leary is only 5 years older than Mourinho.

The fact is though, David O'Leary was winning major trophy's at Arsenal and playing in World Cup's when Mourinho was still dating cheerleaders.

Guest Roger Kint

You really are a WUM Gazza, sad like but never mind i guess its like sex for you.

I will let the fact that Mourinho rose from Interpretor to top manager since September 2000. In those 9 years he has 5 titles, 6 domestic cups, 1 Uefa Cup, 1 Champions League trophy and 2 Uefa manager of the year awards.

David O'leary has not worked since July 2006 and has never won a trophy as a manager. His total career trophies were 2 leagues and 2 domestic cups both won in an Arsenal side which were pretty good.

Yeah he really pisses on Jose there :clap2:

You really are a WUM Gazza, sad like but never mind i guess its like sex for you.

I will let the fact that Mourinho rose from Interpretor to top manager since September 2000. In those 9 years he has 5 titles, 6 domestic cups, 1 Uefa Cup, 1 Champions League trophy and 2 Uefa manager of the year awards.

David O'leary has not worked since July 2006 and has never won a trophy as a manager. His total career trophies were 2 leagues and 2 domestic cups both won in an Arsenal side which were pretty good.

I admit Mourinho is a better manager but then he's not on our radar and O'Leary is..

My point is its a bit much to say DOL has nothing to have an ego about given all he's achieved in football. For most of the last 30 years O'Laery has been succesful in football, whereas Mourinho has been around 5 minutes in comparison. What's so hard to grasp about that?

Guest Roger Kint

I admit Mourinho is a better manager but then he's not on our radar and O'Leary is..

My point is its a bit much to say DOL has nothing to have an ego about given all he's achieved in football. For most of the last 30 years O'Laery has been succesful in football, whereas Mourinho has been around 5 minutes in comparison. What's so hard to grasp about that?

WTF? No that wasnt your point, thats your embarassing backtracking. This was your point.

WTF? No that wasnt your point, thats your embarassing backtracking. This was your point.

Well he hasn't has he? I'm including O'Leary's succesful 20 year playing career, when Mourinho turns up with a big ego when he never even played the game.

Do keep up.

Hang on, you're comparing O'Leary's playing record to Mourinho's management record & concluding that O'Leary is the better manager because he accomplished more as a player?

Based on that line of lunacy David Beckham is a better manager than Alex Ferguson and Brian Clough.

Drugs are bad m'kay.

Hang on, you're comparing O'Leary's playing record to Mourinho's management record & concluding that O'Leary is the better manager because he accomplished more as a player?

Based on that line of lunacy David Beckham is a better manager than Alex Ferguson and Brian Clough.

Drugs are bad m'kay.

I never said he was a better manager.

I said that he's achieved more in football and is justified to have an ego on the back of his numerous achievements in the game. If someone like Glenn Roeder turns up with an ego then he can't justify it because he was a crap player and a failed manager. Same with Phil Brown to a large degree.

Drugs are bad m'kay.

I never said he was a better manager.

I said that he's achieved more in football and is justified to have an ego on the back of his numerous achievements in the game. If someone like Glenn Roeder turns up with an ego then he can't justify it because he was a crap player and a failed manager. Same with Phil Brown to a large degree.

Are you infact David O'Leary?