Dave Jones

ianovthetoon

IF cashley stays I would much prefare a manager who will be available for free and know their tenure is at the beginning this season only, anything after that is down to performance and impressing.

In my head I really think Aidy Bothroyd is a good candidate, has the experience at this level, seems to have good passion and certainly would have a personal point to prove.

Give him the gig, tell him its a year and it will be looked at at end of season, if we get promoted he may have impressed enough to get a longer contract, if not then he will not be short of offers after taking us up, win win really!

BTW, Gordon Strachan is a horrible little scroat of a man and a very poor manager with it, his only achievements were in glasgow when he won the title a few times during an extremely bad time for rangers, please remem his record in england before you recommend him for us!

I think Aidy Boothroyd's got a lot of potential but think this job is too big for him at the minute.

One thing Jones would have is experience, and he's better than JFK, but Jesus - is this what we've come to?

Not sure if you've noticed, but we got relegated. The sooner some people realise this the better. Anything to get us promoted for me.

Unearthed some real gems for them such as McCormack. With a bigger budget who knows.

Hardly unearthed McCormack. He'd scored in the Champions League for Rangers. Was a good player at Doncaster and Motherwell too. Granted, his best form has been at Cardiff though.

Always liked Jones, he hasnt always had luck on his side, he was doing well with Southampton when all the rubbish about him was brought up and set him back a few years.

Not exactly an awe inspiring appointment if it ever happened, would be a solid one though IMO.

BTW, Gordon Strachan is a horrible little scroat of a man and a very poor manager with it, his only achievements were in glasgow when he won the title a few times during an extremely bad time for rangers, please remem his record in england before you recommend him for us!

Really, saved Coventry from relegation in his first job, granted he couldnt help Coventry the second year, but saving Southampton from relegation and taking them into Europe doesnt exactly count as a f*** up in my eyes. Took them to the FA cup final aswell didnt he?

He is thick skinned and used to over demanding fans, has worked with big (named) players and took Celtic into the last 16 of the Champions League twice.. I dont think he would be phased by the job here and would certainly be as good a bet as any name mentioned so far.

Who do you want in charge?

I wanted Strachan after Bobby left because of the job he'd done at Southampton. Good manager in my opinion. Id be pleased if we got him now.

Guest WestEndRiot

If Ashley stays he's not gonna pay compo for someone already in a job when Kinnear, Curbishley etc are available for free. End of story.

Boothroyd plays shite football, and I mean really shite.

I'm not sure about this. He tried to change us, rather than play to the wingers + striker that we had, but struggled. I like him, but he seems to be roundly disliked nowadays around here, possibly because he was slightly 'overconfident' in his own abilities.