Newcastle United 1 - 0 Sheff Weds - 19/08/09 - post match reaction from page 18

Dave

Am I the only one who thought that Ryan Taylor actually wasn't terrible and had a half-decent game? Everyone seems to be slagging off his performance but I thought, particularly in the first half, he worked his socks off. He tracked back and closed down their left back well and put in quite a few successful challenges, his set pieces were in the most part pretty good and his final ball may have been lacking at times but in the most part I think people have been overly critical of what I thought was a decent shift he put in.

Steady but i want an all out winger playing there. Not a make shift.

I still can't believe the season is only 12 days old. I feel like we've going on for fucking ever :lol:

If we are drifting in and out the top 3, and Ashley cant sell, and we are still in the hunt for promotion, and Hughton is in charge, by 40 games, it will look like theres 40,000 Yodas in sjp.

I still can't believe the season is only 12 days old. I feel like we've going on for f***ing ever :lol:

If we are drifting in and out the top 3, and Ashley cant sell, and we are still in the hunt for promotion, and Hughton is in charge, by 40 games, it will look like theres 40,000 cp40's in sjp.

:harry:

Am I the only one who thought that Ryan Taylor actually wasn't terrible and had a half-decent game? Everyone seems to be slagging off his performance but I thought, particularly in the first half, he worked his socks off. He tracked back and closed down their left back well and put in quite a few successful challenges, his set pieces were in the most part pretty good and his final ball may have been lacking at times but in the most part I think people have been overly critical of what I thought was a decent shift he put in.

Nah I thought the same, I just think people have written their match reports before the game kicks off sometimes.

I think we are only a settled management and 3 new players away from winning this league.

:sadnod:

We'll win the league with the team we've got but if we lose a few, then they'd need to be adequately replaced.

The same with Boro. The two of us are a cut above in this league but if they were to lose Tuncay, Johnson and Wheater for example, then they'd have to be replaced.

As it stands though, we'll both be up by Easter WITH the current squads and you can quote me on that.

I think we are only a settled management and 3 new players away from winning this league.

:sadnod:

We'll win the league with the team we've got but if we lose a few, then they'd need to be adequately replaced.

The same with Boro. The two of us are a cut above in this league but if they were to lose Tuncay, Johnson and Wheater for example, then they'd have to be replaced.

As it stands though, we'll both be up by Easter WITH the current squads and you can quote me on that.

ok then, there you go.

Brian Laws, Wednesday's Wallsend-born manager looked somewhat envious. "The Newcastle supporters were very noisy and really set the tone," stressed Laws. "We were rabbits caught in headlights for the first 15 minutes. There's obviously a crisis at their football club but they've certainly got no crisis on the pitch. OK, they've lost a few players but they've still got plenty of quality, there's a lot of Premier League talent out there."

:thup:

Guest Heneage

Brian Laws, Wednesday's Wallsend-born manager looked somewhat envious. "The Newcastle supporters were very noisy and really set the tone," stressed Laws. "We were rabbits caught in headlights for the first 15 minutes. There's obviously a crisis at their football club but they've certainly got no crisis on the pitch. OK, they've lost a few players but they've still got plenty of quality, there's a lot of Premier League talent out there."

:thup:

The support last night was brilliant, if we get that for the remaining 21 games we could be strong  favourites for automatic promotion or the play off's.

Guest Heneage

how was simpson?

Very good. He's clearly very fast which will no doubt help him when he makes mistakes, didn't really get forward but Taylor didn't either, Raylor seems to prefer operating in the first 15 yards inside their half on the wing. With a better wing we could have a right side as strong as the left.

You can see how much it helps when mates can get tickets together for once due to less ST holders...

This.

We've had a ball since me and the lads have sat next to each other.  You feel less of a pleb shouting at the team and going mental if your surrounded by fellow like minded idiots.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

When does it go on the bbc?  dying to see the highlights.  Want to take in that Michael Gray shot again.

:colo:

Highlight of the night.

Guest Heneage

When does it go on the bbc?  dying to see the highlights.  Want to take in that Michael Gray shot again.

Highlight of the night.

SMB chant was brilliant.

Highlight of the night.

when it went out, was it closer to his own goal than when he shot? must have been close.