Newcastle 4 - 3 Huddersfield Town - 26/08/09 - post match reaction from page 22

Dave

Haircut

Donaldson didn't play did he.  And shola's header was going wide.

Ok. My eyes are shite. My mate is too blame for the Donaldson-Vuckic debacle. He told me it was Donaldson.

Krul wasn't that bad. It was never, NEVER a pen and he was left hideously exposed by the defence for the 1st and 3rd. One great save at the end of the first half probably kept us in the game and as I say his distribution was superb.

in view of captain haircut finding out it was Vuckic who came on and not donaldson he has ammended his post to.....

Vuckic- One awesome pass with his left to Ranger was about the only thing he did the best thing he did as he controlled the game with an aura reminiscent of puskas and di stefano in their primes.

Guest Stephen927

Krul - Different player to the lad who played at West Brom 5

Taylor - Very average, didn't do a whole lot, got forward but didn't seem to be too arsed to get back in position, left our back 2 very stretched. 5

Simpson - Isn't a centre back, simple as that. 4

Kadar - Don't think he's a centre back either, I think full back is his calling. 5

Enrique - Showed why he is called the Bull, couldn't get the ball off him when he had it except a dodgy moment in the first half. Pulled the strings and was involved in most of our good attacks. Please stay. 9

Geremi - Simply isn't a winger. Some good touches but didn't seem to notice the runs Nile and others around him were making. Took his goal well. 6

Nolan - Was just there, decent shift from him, seems to do a lot of talking and organising with his fellow team mates. 7

Butt - Keep him away from the first team. Much better when he went off. 5

Lua Lua - Didn't look like he was up to the physical side, went on a couple of decent runs and had a few good deliveries. Link up play with Enrique wasn't really evident though. 6

Guthrie - Seemed to play as a sort of withdrawn striker in the first half, looked our best threat until Shola came on and he played further back. Good goal, looks good in possession. 7

Ranger - Disappointing first start for him. Needs to change his way of thinking and learn the mental side of the game, seemed lost at times as though he didn't know where he should be. 4

Subs - Ameobi - Good penalty, caused their defence a few head aches, looked a class above up front. 8

Gutierrez - Threatened, finally took a shot after much urging from the crowd but went wide. Brilliant link up play with Enrique. 7

Vuckic - Wasn't on long enough to rate him or comment on him. One decent pass.

I haven't seen it on TV yet but at the time I thought their pen was a disgraceful dive.

I saw it on the tv in the ground at half time. He took about 5 steps before going down. Krul was fuming too.

He offside as well. The third was a weird one. I'd have to see it on TV to know if Krul was to blame as I was right behind the other goal.

Guest firetotheworks

I haven't seen it on TV yet but at the time I thought their pen was a disgraceful dive.

Me too, I thought he looked offside too. I'll have to have another look. I laughed at the same player celebrating the first goal as if he'd just scored a wonder-goal in the WC Final. Twat.

pretty inconclusive form the one angle on SSN.

to be fair sholas looked nowt nor summit either.

And looked suspiciously close to the edge of the box to me.

Guest Stephen927

Whereabouts were people sat? South East corner seemed to be the loudest, Huddersfield fans seemed to only get loud when something was happening down their end.

On first viewing it looks like he trips himself up

I saw it on the tv in the ground at half time. He took about 5 steps before going down. Krul was fuming too.

He offside as well. The third was a weird one. I'd have to see it on TV to know if Krul was to blame as I was right behind the other goal.

Definite Krul error, it was his ball to claim.

On first viewing it looks like he trips himself up

thats watching his feet. watching his arm and shoulder it comes back as if pulled. probably exaggerated to get the pen after feeling the slightest tug.

Anyone see the fan get on the pitch at the end?

He was still on as I was walking out, stewards didn't seem to notice, he tried some sort of flip but failed miserably.

There was a season-ticket holder in the seat I had a bought a ticket for, daft how the club are allowing seats to be double-booked. Didn't have any bother finding a seat the row behind, sat next to someone who looked a lot like Mark Jensesn, think it might have been him, not sure though.

Definite Krul error, it was his ball to claim.

If thats the case, his rating should be down a few then. I was as far away as possible and blamed it on the centre halfs as they had been terrible before that.

I’m pleased we came out winners and I think we were worthy of it. Credit to Huddersfield, who pushed us all the way. But it does emphasise the fact that while our squad is a good one, if we were to pick up any injuries it would become very stretched.

:sadnod:

Krul - Different player to the lad who played at West Brom 5

what did you see against West Brom that you didn't see tonight?

It was pretty obvious after the West Brom game that he's a very raw talent who's obviously a gifted shotstopper but seriously lacking in judgement

He was still on as I was walking out, stewards didn't seem to notice, he tried some sort of flip but failed miserably.

There was a season-ticket holder in the seat I had a bought a ticket for, daft how the club are allowing seats to be double-booked. Didn't have any bother finding a seat the row behind, sat next to someone who looked a lot like Mark Jensesn, think it might have been him, not sure though.

I saw the lad flipping, I assumed it was a mascot or something!

Guest The_Scoreboard

Whereabouts were people sat? South East corner seemed to be the loudest, Huddersfield fans seemed to only get loud when something was happening down their end.

behind Gallowgate goal. Cracking match tonight, obviously we were'nt fanatstic but just the joy of coming back from 3-1 down is something I hope to experience again in a kind of sick way :clap:

Does Mark Jensen not sit next to his absolute tosspiece of a brother?

Does Mark Jensen not sit next to his absolute tosspiece of a brother?

Is he bald aswell? There was a guy in the row infront who he was talking to.

This was in the Gallowgate btw.

Guest Geordiekev

Row AA, B Paddock. Not my usual and had to sit amongst their subs lol was pretty silent but things picked up at half time, had a bit of a laugh with Terry Mc and him ordering the pizzas.

Thought they supported their team ok, credit to Huddersfield who kept on at us for the full 95mins..

I saw the lad flipping, I assumed it was a mascot or something!

Me 2 lol and I'm sure the officials did too, should stick to the XBOX360 though as his gymnastics are crap , the lass a couple rows back was made up when she got hit in the face by a game shirt lol