Newcastle 4 - 3 Huddersfield Town - 26/08/09 - post match reaction from page 22

Dave

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

http://www.sportbox.tv/images/actionimages/football/2009/08/26/1251319643_spt_ai_newcastlevhudds_18.jpg

Nolan looks a little 'excited' about his goal  ;D

Guest sicko2ndbest

http://www.sportbox.tv/images/actionimages/football/2009/08/26/1251319643_spt_ai_newcastlevhudds_18.jpg

Nolan looks a little 'excited' about his goal  ;D

Its his other hand

(Ive looked far too closely at that :))

Guest Stephen927

Just got in from the game. Would like to see a replay for their penalty as it didn't look like one from the Gallowgate.

Couple of comments. Ranger is not mentally ready for first team football. He reacts to passes as though he's playing for the reserves, he waits for the ball to come to him rather than going to the ball, quite a few times the defender nipped in front of him. Their centre back marking him was quite rough in dealing with Ranger and Nile had no answer to it. Also doesn't seem to have much of a footballing brain, Hughton was bellowing instructions to him about where he should be standing, who he should be pressuring. The one shot he had was spooned high, quite disappointing from the lad tonight.

Lua Lua was good in little spells but offered nothing going back, Jonas looked very lively and linked up wonderfully with Enrique, which brings me onto the Spaniard. What a player he is, he was brilliant from the back and looked very frustrated towards the end that things weren't coming off, gave the old advertising boards a bit of a kicking.

I think Guthrie in the first half was very good, second half when Ameobi came on he played a more withdrawn role but it was better for the team overall that he was further back as Ameobi was pulling the defence apart brilliantly with some clever running, he looked a class above everybody else on the pitch.

Pleased with the result as 3-1 down I thought that was curtains.

Guest sicko2ndbest

what a goal from Guthrie there

Was nicely taken.

I love watching him play tbh.

Agree, he has that element of class about him, similar to Barton. Would love to see those two playing with each other on a regular basis