La Liga 09/10

Mr. Snrub

Guest neesy111

That said, I don't think the English league wouldn't be that different without sugar daddies, which our legislation doesn't allow.

chelsea would of went out of business without abromovich bailing them out

The Spanish FPA has threatened with a strike for week 31 of La Liga (the Clásico one), if some of their labour demands are not met. They mostly demand better conditions for lower league players and some income redistribution to allow lesser clubs to survive (there's a growing number of small clubs defaulting in player payments).

Guest neesy111

The Spanish FPA has threatened with a strike for week 31 of La Liga (the Clásico one), if some of their labour demands are not met. They mostly demand better conditions for lower league players and some income redistribution to allow lesser clubs to survive (there's a growing number of small clubs defaulting in player payments).

we had similar threats in 2001, only 6 players voted against it.  i remember it saying a player like shearer paid £26 a year membership to the scheme!

Everton fans will be interested to know that Arteta's name is starting to come up more and more for making the WC list, particularly after Cesc broke his ankle (he is expected to be back just in time for the WC, but any delay in his recovery would jeopardise it).

Everton fans will be interested to know that Arteta's name is starting to come up more and more for making the WC list, particularly after Cesc broke his ankle (he is expected to be back just in time for the WC, but any delay in his recovery would jeopardise it).

I thought Cesc broke his fibia?

I thought Cesc broke his fibia?

Fibula, that's the small bone in the ankle.

Bojan on fire tonight, can see Barca steam rolling Arsenal, though the classico next weekend is too close to call (hopefully Messi will s*** all over them.)

If Zlatan can't play against Arsenal at least today's brace will give the lad a boost indeed.

Agree on the Madrid game (I just hate calling it el clásico, media-manufactured nicknames suck), although I'm afraid our weaknesses as a squad are very correspondent to their strengths this season (very direct and quick counterattacking). We'll see though.

If Iniesta is back Barca will hammer Madird, even if they play Bojan Messi Pedro up top, Xavi and Iniesta are far too good for Kaka Guti etc. I think it will be a draw which suits Barca perfectly, hopefully Higuain will get injured and all will be fine.

Only way Madrid can win the league is to beat Barca (considering both teams win all their other games), due to the head to head rule in spain. Before classico last year people were saying it would be close then Barca hammer them 6-2, anything can happen.

The fella said Barca will hammer Madrid, there's little to no chance of that.

Oh, I agree with that. Even if it happened it would be a freak result, unlike last year.

Incidentally, Barça (and most surely Madrid tomorrow) has clinched second place, with 8 games to go. The side that wins the title will surely do it with a 90+ point tally, shattering the domestic record of 88. The second placed side will most surely beat the 88 point mark too. Ludicrous stuff.

Only way Madrid can win the league is to beat Barca (considering both teams win all their other games), due to the head to head rule in spain. Before classico last year people were saying it would be close then Barca hammer them 6-2, anything can happen.

Madrid are so much better than last year it isn't even worth talking about. Higuain and Ronaldo are cleaning house.

Madrid are so much better than last year it isn't even worth talking about. Higuain and Ronaldo are cleaning house.

Higuain always seems to choke in big games, flat track bully at the moment.  As for Ronaldo, Real have played their best football with him out of the team.  When's he's in the team all he does is shoot, 30 yards out, 20 yards out, whatever, just shoot.

Higuain always seems to choke in big games, flat track bully at the moment.  As for Ronaldo, Real have played their best football with him out of the team.  When's he's in the team all he does is shoot, 30 yards out, 20 yards out, whatever, just shoot.

What an absolute load of shite.

This has to be the 8th time i've typed this but Ronaldo and Higuain look absolutely fantastic together.

Why & who are you typing that for?

They have whacked in 42 goals in league goals it is not rocket science to say they are playing well together.