Peterborough vs Newcastle United Pre-Match Thread - CC - 22/09/09 - 7:45 KO

Crumpy Gunt

I don't really believe in resting players in the cups.

It doesn't always help you in the league, look what happened to Fulham this week. It can just as easily break up your form and team spirit.

The season is as long as it is, it must make a neglible difference to your final points total playing a few extra cup games.

I look at it as more like a chance for Hughton to experiment with the team and pick a more adventurous formation. In the league he is obviously more cautious and worried about putting noses out of joint, but here he can argue he is protecting the seniors for the league fixtures.

To actually guage the full potential of the back up squad players it would be better to only play 3-4 youngsters max. Sticking too many inexperienced players into the line up suddenly isn't really fair on them. Butt could be useful in this game for that reason if he's paired with someone like Guthrie.

Harper, both Taylors, Coloccini, Enrique and Nolan should all be rested! The recent schedule has been very tough and all these players have appeared already in at least in 8 matches of total of 9 we have played this season. Give start for Krul, LuaLua, Kadar, Tozer, Ranger and Vuckic...

I don't know how Nolan has played 90 minutes so many times. He's blowing out of his arse not long after the hour, baffling how he doesn't get subbed

Even more baffling how he isn't fitter by now after playing every game. Maybe he just looks unfit because he's fat and slow.

I don't know how Nolan has played 90 minutes so many times. He's blowing out of his arse not long after the hour, baffling how he doesn't get subbed

After the hour? He was hunched over after about 20 mins on Saturday.  bluelaugh.gif

After the teams came out of the tunnel, he sprinted over to the Gallowgate and applauded, and then breathed in and out heavily several times. :lol:

After the hour? He was hunched over after about 20 mins on Saturday.  bluelaugh.gif

After the teams came out of the tunnel, he sprinted over to the Gallowgate and applauded, and then breathed in and out heavily several times. :lol:

:lol:

Krul

R Taylor      Coloccini      Tozer      Kadar

Lua Lua      Butt      Barton      Geremi

Carroll      Lovenkrands

I'd keep Carroll in the side tbh, see if he can get another one and keep on going with the confidence and match fitness. Give him an hour and aim to give Lovenkrands the full ninety minutes, i say. Barton's a weird one aswell, i know, but similarly - if he can have a good game and get some confidence (if that's what he's actually lacking), then we'll benefit from it in the long term.

Can't see that being the team mind.

Who told you that, binnsy? Very unexpected tbh.

Peter Beardsley.

Not that unexpected,  he's one of the most promising youngsters we've got, was tremendous last season for the reserves and after missing the first few game of the season with injury was very good in the home reserve game against Bradford when no doubt he'd have impressed the watching Hughton.

Peter Beardsley.

Not that unexpected,  he's one of the most promising youngsters we've got, was tremendous last season for the reserves and after missing the first few game of the season with injury was very good in the home reserve game against Bradford when no doubt he'd have impressed the watching Hughton.

Yeah, he was great against Bradford along with LuaLua he looked a level above the rest of our players.  I have hardly seen him play but against Bradford he seemed to love to get forward even more than the midfielders.

Peter Beardsley.

Yeah, he was great against Bradford along with LuaLua he looked a level above the rest of our players.  I have hardly seen him play but against Bradford he seemed to love to get forward even more than the midfielders.

yes he does like to bomb forward,  with Adjei playing rubbish on the right wing Tav seemed to play right back and right wing in the Bradford game!

Guest michaelfoster

Krul

Tavernier       Tozer      S.Taylor      Kadar

Lua Lua        Geremi        Butt (c)     Lovenkrands

Ranger      Carroll

Subs: Harper, R.Taylor, Coloccini, Smith, Nolan, Vuckic, Baheng,