Footballing connections

Dave

My dad's cousin was the North-East scout for West Ham, who told Michael Carrick's dad to send his son to West Ham rather than Newcastle.

Haven't read most of this thread but is the scout's surname Mooney?  If so, his youngest son's one of my best mates.

Is he a Newcastle fan? The scout I mean.

He's a Newcastle fan yes and was one of the group of fans who went round the UK to meet the Fairs Cup winning squad last year. His surname isn't Mooney no.

Why would he send him to West Ham then, if I spotted a good player I'd be like 'get yourself to Newcastle'.

My dad's cousin was the North-East scout for West Ham, who told Michael Carrick's dad to send his son to West Ham rather than Newcastle.

Haven't read most of this thread but is the scout's surname Mooney?  If so, his youngest son's one of my best mates.

Is he a Newcastle fan? The scout I mean.

He's a Newcastle fan yes and was one of the group of fans who went round the UK to meet the Fairs Cup winning squad last year. His surname isn't Mooney no.

Why would he send him to West Ham then, if I spotted a good player I'd be like 'get yourself to Newcastle'.

He's a West Ham scout Kezman, are you joking around?

Guest Roger Kint

Lionel Perez's fella used to live round the corner from my dad in Hebburn.

He's gay? I did not know this  :lol:

Would this fella be Anthony aka Sally? ;D