Attendances . .

kane2005

Guest Roger Kint

The not helping Ashley argument is pretty naff imo as its just as likely its helping to delay a sale for Moat of Sheards lot(snigger) considering they inherit the overdraft on buying the club.

I would argue high attendances and a good start to the league are the reasons any deal has not gone through. Ashley won't sell whilst those two situations remain as they are.

he will, but hold out for a higher price because of these reasons,

It's a fact that when you get relegated people don't turn up because they don't want to pay for shit football, especially when we are charging premier league prices.

We're not, though.  My Doncaster tickets cost me £15 each.

It's a fact that when you get relegated people don't turn up because they don't want to pay for shit football, especially when we are charging premier league prices.

Season ticket prioces weren't reduced.

Guest Haris Vuckic

It's a fact that when you get relegated people don't turn up because they don't want to pay for s*** football, especially when we are charging premier league prices.

That would get you into a lot of premier league grounds.

But all the people who didn't renew can still get tickets from the box office for individual games for half of what it cost in the Premiership. 

They can't.  They're only that cheap in Level 7.  Most of the space is in the lower Milburn/Leazes.

It's a fact that when you get relegated people don't turn up because they don't want to pay for s*** football, especially when we are charging premier league prices.

Wouldn't get you into many Championship grounds mind.

Guest Roger Kint

I would argue high attendances and a good start to the league are the reasons any deal has not gone through. Ashley won't sell whilst those two situations remain as they are.

Yeah ok, if thats what you want to believe ;D

You think Premier League attendances and a championship wage bill don't make us an attractive proposition?

Guest Roger Kint

You think Premier League attendances and a championship wage bill don't make us an attractive proposition?

What?

What?

I'm not sure what you think I ought not to believe about Wilky's post.

A 40k average attendance is better than most top flight clubs, and our wage bill is a lot less.

Guest Roger Kint

What?

A 40k average attendance is better than most top flight clubs, and our wage bill is a lot less.

Sorry but i have to go back to my original question...what?

Even laughably thinking our wage bill is by any means 'a championship' one aside i merely cant understand why he thinks Ashley will stay based on those reasons.

What?

Sorry but i have to go back to my original question...what?

Even laughably thinking our wage bill is by any means 'a championship' one aside i merely cant understand why he thinks Ashley will stay based on those reasons.

Which squad members do we have on an inflated Premier League standard salary?

Barton, Smith, Butt,*....erm?

The ticket sales we have are double those of Boro (for example).  Gibson earns £500k a game from ticket sales, Ashley earns £1m...and you can't see why that would be attractive.

*EDIT: Geremi

Guest Roger Kint

Well as the avergae Championship wage is about £4000 pw i believe and the Premier League average outside the top 6 probably somewhere in the £20000 pw region(obviously a guess)

Harper, Taylor, Taylor, Geremi, Smith, Butt, Barton, Nolan, Coloccini, Enrique, Jonas, Guthrie, Ameobi, Xisco(wouldnt be a shock to be payng the bulk of his wages) are all on above average Premiership wages. Many of those ludicrously high.

You are missing the obvious regarding attendances and i am not talking about you stupid claim that Ashley earns £1m a game. We have about 25000 season tickets which are already received so any additional money recieved would probably net £300k ish extra a game, which is about £7m over a season. That will make a small dent in the overdraft so its hardly going to convince Ashley to stay is it? Selling the club means this overdraft is not Ashleys concern so reducing it isnt a huge bonus for him anyway. You are acting like he is going to be rolling in it by staying.

Well as the avergae Championship wage is about £4000 pw i believe and the Premier League average outside the top 6 probably somewhere in the £20000 pw region(obviously a guess)

Harper, Taylor, Taylor, Geremi, Smith, Butt, Barton, Nolan, Coloccini, Enrique, Jonas, Guthrie, Ameobi, Xisco(wouldnt be a shock to be payng the bulk of his wages) are all on above average Premiership wages. Many of those ludicrously high.

You are missing the obvious regarding attendances and i am not talking about you stupid claim that Ashley earns £1m a game. We have about 25000 season tickets which are already received so any additional money recieved would probably net £300k ish extra a game, which is about £7m over a season. That will make a small dent in the overdraft so its hardly going to convince Ashley to stay is it? Selling the club means this overdraft is not Ashleys concern so reducing it isnt a huge bonus for him anyway. You are acting like he is going to be rolling in it by staying.

You are missing the obvious with your stupid claim that all the season ticket money has been collected when a good majority are on Direct Debit and commited for 3 years guaranteeing that future income.  The overdraft is already massively reduced by player sales and loans from Ashley, so £7m would be a large portion of it.  The rest of the money remains in the form of loans from Ashley to the club, which he has a better chance of recouping playing as "well" as we are....in front of a supportive 40k+ crowd.

Guest toonlass

:no:

Guest Roger Kint

You are missing the obvious with your stupid claim that all the season ticket money has been collected when a good majority are on Direct Debit and commited for 3 years guaranteeing that future income.  The overdraft is already massively reduced by player sales and loans from Ashley, so £7m would be a large portion of it.  The rest of the money remains in the form of loans from Ashley to the club, which he has a better chance of recouping playing as "well" as we are....in front of a supportive 40k+ crowd.

How much have we recieved already in transfer cash? How many people have paid by direct debit?

Its amazing you are going this far to say that Ashley isnt going to sell. I honestly cant see the overdraft being close to being paid off at all so he gets no financial benefit from staying and the added risk of us not going up which would cripple him.

How much have we recieved already in transfer cash?

Since the window Keegan walked and he first put us on the market?

Faye £2.25m

Milner £12m

Given £8m

Zoggy £4m

Martins £9m

Bassong £8m

Beye £3m

Duff £3m?

Total = £49.25m

How many people have paid by direct debit?

No-one knows.  Of the 6 lads I sit with, I'm the only one who paid up front for all 3 seasons.  The other 5 are all DD.

Its amazing you are going this far to say that Ashley isnt going to sell. I honestly cant see the overdraft being close to being paid off at all so he gets no financial benefit from staying and the added risk of us not going up which would cripple him.

What's amazing to me is anyone STILL believes what Ashley says.

If he said "Nah, I'm staying really" there'd be a huge drop off in ticket sales.  As it is, a lot of people are keeping faith and showing prospective buyers there's a lucrative core support.  Ashley benefits from that core support and has no need to rush into a sale.

Cripple him?  He's a billionaire spending nothing on the club.

£50m incoming from transfers.

Wage bill reduced by £25m thanks to those sales.

£23m a season in ticket sales.

£20 - £30m parachute payment from the PL.

3 new strips released this season.

He's easy over a £100m (and up to £150m) better off than he was last season.

Zero on signings.

Zero on a new manager.

£2m on Keegan.

Yeah, bones of his arse.  :iamatwat:

Guest Roger Kint

How can i argue when you live in a world where all clubs pay the full amount up front, even better that you can claim he is 'easily £100m to £150m up :mackems:

How can i argue when you live in a world where all clubs pay the full amount up front, even better that you can claim he is 'easily £100m to £150m up :mackems:

You could start by looking at the figures and tell me where I've gone wrong.

Let's not argue about it.  Those figures are my best guess at what cash has come in (or is due to), if you can refine them we can come up with a more accurate picture of the situation at the club.

It's been my view that this is what Ashley wanted all along.  Look at the last set of Premier league accounts.  Outside the top 4, only West Brom turned a profit.  How?  By maintaining a championship quality squad, and yoyoing, thereby earning the premier league money or the parachute payment season after season, while never investing too much of it.

It's also what's been advocated by lots of fans...spending within our means and hoping all the other clubs go bust.

Let's not argue about it.  Those figures are my best guess at what cash has come in (or is due to), if you can refine them we can come up with a more accurate picture of the situation at the club.

It's been my view that this is what Ashley wanted all along.  Look at the last set of Premier league accounts.  Outside the top 4, only West Brom turned a profit.  How?  By maintaining a championship quality squad, and yoyoing, thereby earning the premier league money or the parachute payment season after season, while never investing too much of it.

It's also what's been advocated by lots of fans...spending within our means and hoping all the other clubs go bust.

I've already spotted one mistake..I've included the parachute payment as extra, when we (obviously) lost the tv money  :doh:

I've already spotted one mistake..I've included the parachute payment as extra, when we (obviously) lost the tv money  :doh:

and of course, gate receipts were higher last season...still

£50m transfers

£25m lower wage bill

3 new strips - what's that worth?

Guest Roger Kint

If you cant see what i meant its going to be a very long day explaining it tbh. Its about as clear as i can say it ;D