Can we?

Dave

Be interesting to see if Moat engages them properly (should his takeover actually go through). I'm still in two minds as to whether fan representation at board level is a good thing or not.

Why not exactly? A fan-elected non-executive board member would be a great idea imo.

Pretty much every comment by them I've seen (or been told about) have been some romantic bullshit who have no foothold in what could happen in reality.

£20m is more than romantic bullshit (provided the businesses involved follow through with it).

Pretty much every comment by them I've seen (or been told about) have been some romantic bullshit who have no foothold in what could happen in reality.

£20m is more than romantic bullshit (provided the businesses involved follow through with it).

i hate to point out, but thats £80 million short, would like to see how they would manage that. never gunna happen.

i hate to point out, but thats £80 million short, would like to see how they would manage that. never gunna happen.

I'm not 100% sure of their plans but I'd imagine they would be looking to go in as part of a consortium rather than buy the club outright under the NUST banner.

Guest icemanblue

I hate these tits, they DO NOT speak for the Newcastle Unted fans.

Have you tried making making your voice heard?

Why bother, it's far easier to criticise on an internet forum.

Skirge is right though.  Why does he have to start/join a group just to say a tiny percentage of fans don't represent everyone's views?

Nice to know NUST is already free from criticism though, if they do get on the board will dissidents lose their season tickets?  :lol:

Skirge is right though.  Why does he have to start/join a group just to say a tiny percentage of fans don't represent everyone's views?

Nice to know NUST is already free from criticism though, if they do get on the board will dissidents lose their season tickets?  :lol:

I'm not demanding that everyone join it or that it is above criticism.

I'm asking how can it be representative of his views if he makes no effort to let NUST know what his views are? As Iceman said, it's much easier to snipe from the sidelines.

I'm not demanding that everyone join it or that it is above criticism.

I'm asking how can it be representative of his views if he makes no effort to let NUST know what his views are? As Iceman said, it's much easier to snipe from the sidelines.

The unfortunate fact though is that a supporter on the board would never be able to reflect the views of all the fans.  The same way that Labour don't reflect the views of everyone in the UK (or everyone supporting Labour for that matter).

I kinda like the idea of supporters having a stronger connection with the club but I can't realistically see it working.

Everyone has differing opinions on different subjects but there are always some big issues at the club that almost everyone is universally agreed on and that's where fan representation will work. There is also the accountability issue. Having someone on the board, even if they're not able to influence decisions in a big way, will still have it's benefits as a watchdog.

They're not going to own the club outright but if they do have £20 million pledged from various organisations/supporters of NUST then they could be very desirable to someone like Moat and his consortium who want to get the fans behind them and pump some more cash into the takeover fund.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread you can't possibly agree with everything NUST say to the letter, i'm one of their biggest advocates and I certainly don't, but in reality the issues people get their knickers in a twist about are minor. We're all fans and we've all got the same goal - to see this club be as successful as possible. I understand people are skeptical and have quibbles about the wording of this or their policy on that but in the grand scheme of things it means fuck all. I'm probably not going to agree with the ridiculous comments spouted around me today at the match but I certainly don't think myself as a better supporter than those people with differing opinions.

The unfortunate fact though is that a supporter on the board would never be able to reflect the views of all the fans.  The same way that Labour don't reflect the views of everyone in the UK (or everyone supporting Labour for that matter).

Well that's where a larger membership would certainly help, it would hopefully see people up for election with different opinions and a diverse range of views represented on the committee.

The Labour party don't even represent the views of everyone in the party but the aim is to represent the majority view and that's just the nature of these groups. I'm not asking everyone to agree with NUST but if they feel that strongly about what they're saying then the most obvious choice to me is to influence them from inside rather than simply slating them on a forum.

Works the other way, how can they speak for me if they have not asked my opinion?

:facepalm: What exactly do you want them to do? Contact you personally? The represent their members, not every Newcastle fan.

Works the other way, how can they speak for me if they have not asked my opinion?

:facepalm: What exactly do you want them to do? Contact you personally? The represent their members, not every Newcastle fan.

Aye why not, you want fan opinion ask it at a home game, BUT I have given them my opinion via email gott he standard email back that everyone gets who gives them an opinion they don't agree with.

Ask it at a home game? Give everyone in the crowd a white card for yes and a black card for no and they could raise these in response to a series of questions? Aye, cracking idea.

You could try going to meetings or joining their forum.

Ask it at a home game? Give everyone in the crowd a white card for yes and a black card for no and they could raise these in response to a series of questions? Aye, cracking idea.

You could try going to meetings or joining their forum.

I could but what you think they would change what they say if I complain about it ? :lol: not a chance, they are meant to be organized so what they can't try ans get fan opinion outside the gorund before a game.

The old, 'what can I change line'? On your own you can probably change fuck all but if others who share your opinion join or you can influence others through coherent, logical arguments then you might have a chance.

If you don't try you'll never know.

Fan representation/ownership works at the top level in Spain and Germany. Why not this country? If the NUST believe they have the backing to have a go at doing this, then I wish them good luck.

It different in Spain though.  At Barcelona for example (I think) the members vote on a new president every couple of years.  The blokes up for election aren't people who turn up at the Tyneside Irish Centre every month though, they're multi millionaire businessmen with a history of running corporations, if not football clubs.

The most realistic chance of having any fan representation on the board is that Moat gets the club and one of his appointments is someone who has followed the club and actually has fans best interests at heart.

Although I would love it to happen, I don't think its realistic to think that a group of fans could club together and buy a stake, and then elect someone who did have the fans interest at heart, rather than having his own agenda.

This might not necessarily be a bad thing - for example, does anyone really think that if the smoggies clubbed together, bought a stake in the club and got fan representation on the board they would actually do a better job of doing good for the club than Steve Gibson is doing already?

The old, 'what can I change line'? On your own you can probably change fuck all but if others who share your opinion join or you can influence others through coherent, logical arguments then you might have a chance.

Because, quite frankly, the "bosses" at NUSC appears to be complete and utter mindless tossers. It's like telling Hitler under WW2 "I don't really mind the jews, you know? How bout we just all be friends?"

You think he'd listen to your opinion?

Because, quite frankly, the "bosses" at NUSC appears to be complete and utter mindless tossers. It's like telling Hitler under WW2 "I don't really mind the jews, you know? How bout we just all be friends?"

You think he'd listen to your opinion?

Whilst I would love to agree with ewerk, after listening to the live NUSC meeting last year I'm on Kaizero's side of the fence on this one. Not sure about the Hitler comparison though - despite your views on NUSC, you cannot doubt that they are a group of fans that care enough about the club to get involved, even if you (and I) don't agree with them much of the time.