'Ten pints, some angry words, a huge punch-up. That was then.'

Dave

I read it on Saturday morning the lad comes across okay in his interview as he does most of the time but his ability & fitness record do not justify his whacking pay packet & how highly some people rate him.

It was strange when he mentioned he was not in it for the money, as he refused to join us until a payment of £300K was made.

I apologise in advance if I am wrong but was the £300k not the loyalty bonus he wanted from Citeh?

If may be classed as that, but City correctly in my eyes refused to pay it because as they said he chose to leave because a club had bid £5.5 million which triggered the release clause in his contract they did not at the time want to sell him. In the end it didn't effect City, Barton got the cash & NUFC ended up paying £5.8 million for player with release clause of £5.5million.

5-6 weeks wages.  No big deal compared to the £1m Gonzalez got for his time here, the £1m settlement Wise is getting, & the termination clause Llambias will have in his contract should the club get sold.

I read it on Saturday morning the lad comes across okay in his interview as he does most of the time but his ability & fitness record do not justify his whacking pay packet & how highly some people rate him.

It was strange when he mentioned he was not in it for the money, as he refused to join us until a payment of £300K was made.

I apologise in advance if I am wrong but was the £300k not the loyalty bonus he wanted from Citeh?

If may be classed as that, but City correctly in my eyes refused to pay it because as they said he chose to leave because a club had bid £5.5 million which triggered the release clause in his contract they did not at the time want to sell him. In the end it didn't effect City, Barton got the cash & NUFC ended up paying £5.8 million for player with release clause of £5.5million.

Ah right. I don't think any football, even the best in the world justifies anything like the wages they get.

I think most of the best players do tbf, it is the average shit like Barton that is overpaid.

Guest toonlass

Ah right. I don't think any football, even the best in the world justifies anything like the wages they get.

I think most of the best players do tbf, it is the average shit like Barton that is overpaid.

How is anyone worth £100k a week? Its just obscene.

I think most of the best players do tbf, it is the average s*** like Barton that is overpaid.

It really isn't THAT much money in the scheme of things.

5-6 weeks wages.  No big deal compared to the £1m Gonzalez got for his time here, the £1m settlement Wise is getting, & the termination clause Llambias will have in his contract should the club get sold.

Yeah, yeah & yeah. Not that changes what I think of Barton & the way the lad "who wanted to play football because I love it. I never got into it because I wanted to earn loads of money" acted was wrong & I thought City took a good stance in refusing to pay him.

Guest toonlass

I think most of the best players do tbf, it is the average s*** like Barton that is overpaid.

You are trying to be funny right?

Not really. Does anyone in the Premier League even make 10 million pounds per year? There are alot of people making alot more than that in this world, and most of them aren't busting their arse on a football pitch weekly and will be paid these salaries for more than 15 years.

If I thought it was obscene I wouldn't watch it. Most people in entertainment get paid millions like actors, musicians whats the big deal?

If I thought it was obscene I wouldn't watch it. Most people in the entertainment get paid millions like actors, musicians whats the big deal?

:nods:

Two posts in a row we've agreed with each other :undecided:

Guest toonlass

Not really. Does anyone in the Premier League even make 10 million pounds per year? There are alot of people making alot more than that in this world, and most of them aren't busting their arse on a football pitch weekly and will be paid these salaries for more than 15 years.

Aye it must be terrible to be "busting your arse" on a football pitch for up to £100k a week when there are soldiers, policemen, nurses and coastguards who do real life changing work for a fragment of that pay a year.

If I thought it was obscene I wouldn't watch it. Most people in the entertainment get paid millions like actors, musicians whats the big deal?

Agree with you both. Players get paid what they do simply due to the commercial value of football. If clubs are now raking in that much money from it then why don't they deserve a slice of it? As afterall they are the people that bring in the money.

Aye it must be terrible to be "busting your arse" on a football pitch for up to £100k a week when there are soldiers, policemen, nurses and coastguards who do real life changing work for a fragment of that pay a year.

But if there was only 100 really talented nurses in the world, and people paid to see them, they'd get paid shed loads too.

Guest toonlass

But if there was only 100 really talented nurses in the world, and people paid to see them, they'd get paid shed loads too.

Aye I suppose.

Greed just seems to be the main motivation now, that's all.

Agree with you both. Players get paid what they do simply due to the commercial value of football. If clubs are now raking in that much money from it then why don't they deserve a slice of it? As afterall they are the people that bring in the money.

I understand the principle, but don't most clubs run up fucking massive losses every year now?

• 2 months later...
Guest Alan Shearer 9

What is he out with again a sore knee or something? Get a fucking move on you useless prick Nicky Butt's been getting play time recently.