Being Lied to about Injuries

ChrisMcQuillan

Okay, excuse me, a mad conspiracy theorist needs a rant.

Does anyone else find the nature of injury and its announcement at this club highly suspicious?

Take Barton for example.  A "minor foot problem" which was going to be subject to a late fitness test quickly became a four month absence.  If Caulkin to be believed, we will discover today/tomorrow that Steven Taylor's "slight hamstring strain" will become a six week absence.  Both of these injuries were picked up in training, and both were broken to us gently by the club.  Is that simply because the scale of the injury took a while to become apparent?

Well, let's take Wor Shola's foot trouble.  Again, this was a "minor knock" subject to a late fitness test.  This then was recognised as (almost a month (A MONTH!) after the injury was picked up) a broken foot.  Then we had a two-month absence slapped on it.  The club never mentioned whether this was two months from the date of the injury, or from the date of the announcement a month later.  We then later here how pleased the club are that Shola might be back before January, and how ahead of schedule that would be.  Now, even the village idiot can count from his date of injury in August and see that an August - January sideline is a five month absence.  So a minor foot problem, much like Joey Barton's injury, becomes a five-month lay-off.  In the case of Shola, the club have broken to us gently that he might have a problem, slapped a very conservative injury estimate on him, and then broken fuller news of his injury laced behind some good news of "it could be worse!".

Do you ever see Manchester United or Chelsea faffing around like this?  If Drogba's got a broken foot, everyone'll know how, where, who he's going to see and for how long he'll be out.  Most importantly, the Chelsea physios would KNOW a broken foot when they see one, unlike ours apparently.

If our physios can't even diagnose a broken foot, we have a major problem.  And if they can, we have another major problem: the club is pulling the wool over our eyes Soviet Union-style to make the situation seem better than it is.  After all, if we knew the extent of all our players injuries, we'd put pressure on to buy a replacement.  And we all know Ashley doesn't like pressure.  He wants to be able to ruin the club quietly, in peace, without our nuisancesome selves getting in the way.

Additionally, as a sort of post-script, why the hell are our players picking up serious injuries in training?  Ever see Cristiano Ronaldo or Rooney out for four months because they fell over in training?  Or just pulled up while running, and ended up fracturing half their leg?  Our injury curse doesn't exist, folks.  It's not a curse.  It's quite clearly the result of systemic underinvestment in the physio department, and some kind of flaw in our training practices which has never been corrected.  Until we fix that, these mysterious, long-term injuries that need covering up will not disappear.

Does anyone else find the nature of injury and its announcement at this club highly suspicious?

No.  But I do agree that we are a bit shit at diagnosing and treating injuries.  Your theory is full of holes though.  For example we did get a replacement for Shola in Harewood.

No.  But I do agree that we are a bit s*** at diagnosing and treating injuries.  Your theory is full of holes though.   For example we did get a replacement for Shola in Harewood.

As someone mentioned yesterday, Shola's diagnosis was left until after the transfer window shut.  We didn't have to spend on a transfer fee for Harewood as he was a loan signing.  A replacement, yes, but a financially cushy one for the admin.

Nobody expects us to spend any money though, so I'm not sure that there's really any pressure. People are just resigned to not signing anyone and for our small squad to pick up injuries.

It says more about this regime that theories such as this are even coming up tbh.

Dont understand why are surprised that anything coming out of this club is a lie.  The club is based on lies, lies, lies.  Where is the statement from the club following the Keegan tribunal?  They accused him of all sorts a year ago.  The club has had injuries for years and the current coaching set up will be no different  Without a proper manager, it may get worse.

Dont understand why are surprised that anything coming out of this club is a lie.  The club is based on lies, lies, lies.  Where is the statement from the club following the Keegan tribunal?  They accused him of all sorts a year ago.  The club has had injuries for years and the current coaching set up will be no different  Without a proper manager, it may get worse.

all football clubs/businesses run on lies...i'am amazed anyone is surprised.

all football clubs/businesses & Governments run on lies...i'am amazed anyone is surprised.

Dont forget these bastards (added in above) sending people to the grave.  Apologies if too deep for a footy thread, I'm just getting past caring about discussing the incompetence spreading through the club from Harper up over.

I think clubs underplay or overplay injuries to mislead the oppositon about the likely team.  Look at the number of times some big name has made a miraculous recovery to play against us.

I do however think there may be a problem with the fitness training and medical advice at the club which has an impact on the injuries picked up and players rehab.  We have been through countless managers and coaches but still seem to have the same problems.