Cattermole

cosmic

How come the handball hasn't been given the Barton retrospective treatment?

I can't understand for the life of me why some randomly-selected incidents get looked at after the event, and others don't. Totally unfair and inconsistent.

it's only matters of violent conduct i believe.

I still don't know how the FA managed to wiggle themselves out of not doing something about De Jong just because the ref "saw it". When the ref was so clearly wrong, the FA should correct him. It's f***ing stupid, seeing how it's one of the worst tackles of the season, if not the worst.

agreed, especially as i'm sure a precedent had been set elsewhere when the ref seen it and got it wrong.

How come the handball hasn't been given the Barton retrospective treatment?

I can't understand for the life of me why some randomly-selected incidents get looked at after the event, and others don't. Totally unfair and inconsistent.

it's only matters of violent conduct i believe.

I still don't know how the FA managed to wiggle themselves out of not doing something about De Jong just because the ref "saw it". When the ref was so clearly wrong, the FA should correct him. It's f***ing stupid, seeing how it's one of the worst tackles of the season, if not the worst.

agreed, especially as i'm sure a precedent had been set elsewhere when the ref seen it and got it wrong.

Ben Thatcher/Pedro Mendes.

It's a FIFA rule.

I've read through FA's rules of the games and haven't found anything saying an on-field incident can't be punished after the fact if the referee saw it. Rather the opposite, as it says clubs can deliver complaints about incidents they don't feel are handled correctly by the referee. That said, I've only read a few bits of it that seemed relevant from the index as fuck am I going to read 500+ pages. :lol: