Cattermole

cosmic

I was surprised at how limited a footballer he was in the game at our place. I expected a dominant busy midfield presence but he was pretty inept.

He's such a little bloke too, adding to his insignificant appearance.

Difficult to see what his attributes are.

Was that a one off?

Guest kingdawson

Apparently he intentionally went over the top of the ball and took Modric at the knee last night and only got a yellow for some reason.

'Arry is absolutely fuming about it.Also should have seen red on Saturday for the double hand ball on the line (not his normal thuggish offence granted) and could well have walked against us.

Referees need to get a grip and clamp down on this idiot, he seems to be getting away with murder on a regular basis.

Bit sad when publicans in his home town can handle the thug by banning him from all licenced premises but the FA and referees seem to be going soft on his on field violence.

not nice being on the receiving end of the dangerous play eh 'arry? he wasn't very sympathetic to ben arfa's injury

*not that i'm condoning cattermole in anyway

What did Harry say regarding Ben Arfa's injury?

Edit...http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/16/harry-redknapp-reckless-tackles-tottenham

"There are some players who are reckless and we have seen some reckless challenges," Redknapp said. "I don't even need to name them. The same people are being booked or sent off every week and they have to calm themselves down. You don't need to kick people to be a good player. The only way to calm them down is by leaving them out of the team and by saying to them: 'I don't need you being sent off every week and making reckless tackles. We need 11 men and until you can time your tackles and make good tackles then you're not going to play.'"

Hmmm so what exactly are you refering too?

Can't stand Spackermole - pretty much every time iv seen him play he's lost his head and put in a dangerous tackle that could have, or has, injured an opposing player. Tiote showed how you should play defensive midfield, and it doesn't involve recklessly flying into tackles.

not nice being on the receiving end of the dangerous play eh 'arry? he wasn't very sympathetic to ben arfa's injury

Edit...http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/16/harry-redknapp-reckless-tackles-tottenham

"There are some players who are reckless and we have seen some reckless challenges," Redknapp said. "I don't even need to name them. The same people are being booked or sent off every week and they have to calm themselves down. You don't need to kick people to be a good player. The only way to calm them down is by leaving them out of the team and by saying to them: 'I don't need you being sent off every week and making reckless tackles. We need 11 men and until you can time your tackles and make good tackles then you're not going to play.'"

i got the wrong end of the stick  :blush:

turns out i'd been misfinformed, it had been jamie redknapp who was defending de jong, saying it wasn't a bad tackle.  had the email a few weeks ago from a mate saying 'redknapp's on sky defending de jong' and i assumed he meant harry  :blush: *stands corrected*

turns out i'd been misfinformed, it had been jamie redknapp who was defending de jong, saying it wasn't a bad tackle.  had the email a few weeks ago from a mate saying 'redknapp's on sky defending de jong' and i assumed he meant harry  :blush: *stands corrected*

Nope you are right, it was slappy face who defended De Jong over the HBA incident. I read the quotes, I'm sure it is somewhere in the HBA thread, I just can't be bothered to go through them.

A part of me wished Cattermole did Modric in because realistically the only way to get managers like Arry to instruct their players to tackle fairly and stop them from asking their players to go out to 'welcome' new players to the Premiership, is when one of their own players suffer the same consequences.

Guest kingdawson

Nope you are right, it was slappy face who defended De Jong over the HBA incident. I read the quotes, I'm sure it is somewhere in the HBA thread, I just can't be bothered to go through them.

A part of me wished Cattermole did Modric in because realistically the only way to get managers like Arry to instruct their players to tackle fairly and stop them from asking their players to go out to 'welcome' new players to the Premiership, is when one of their own players suffer the same consequences.

Is this some sort of joke? you're actually using Harry Redknapp as an example of a manager that instructs his players to go out and tackle hard?

The same Harry Redknapp that's filled his team with skillful players throughout yet let's be fair here...a bunch of certified pussies when it comes to tackling.

Guest Chubby Jason

Apparently he intentionally went over the top of the ball and took Modric at the knee last night and only got a yellow for some reason.

'Arry is absolutely fuming about it.

Also should have seen red on Saturday for the double hand ball on the line (not his normal thuggish offence granted) and could well have walked against us.

Referees need to get a grip and clamp down on this idiot, he seems to be getting away with murder on a regular basis.

Bit sad when publicans in his home town can handle the thug by banning him from all licenced premises but the FA and referees seem to be going soft on his on field violence.

He's barred from all his locals?

'Arry is absolutely fuming about it.

Also should have seen red on Saturday for the double hand ball on the line (not his normal thuggish offence granted) and could well have walked against us.

He's barred from all his locals?

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/2008/12/17/footballers-cattermole-and-bates-given-pub-ban-84229-22496981/

How come the handball hasn't been given the Barton retrospective treatment?

I can't understand for the life of me why some randomly-selected incidents get looked at after the event, and others don't. Totally unfair and inconsistent.

This has always been my argument why video evidence should not be in football.

The commentators/co-commentators/directors/editors are all guilty of selectively choosing which incidents to highlight. In short, they're all biased one way or another, depending on their agenda.

If you're fine with the likes of Andy Gray and Mark Lawrenson being the arbiters of "justice" and "fair-play" then go down this route.

I can't understand for the life of me why some randomly-selected incidents get looked at after the event, and others don't. Totally unfair and inconsistent.

it's only matters of violent conduct i believe.

it's only matters of violent conduct i believe.

I still don't know how the FA managed to wiggle themselves out of not doing something about De Jong just because the ref "saw it". When the ref was so clearly wrong, the FA should correct him. It's fucking stupid, seeing how it's one of the worst tackles of the season, if not the worst.