Scunthorpe Utd 2 - 1 Newcastle Utd - 20/10/09 - Post match reaction from page 20

Dave

don't know if my first post got through but anyway, Ashley was given a tie so got back into the Boardroom at half time. he was telling the Scunthorpe Directors that their entire wage bill is less than "f.....g" Shearer wanted to be a manager in the Championship. He also said that he wished he could tell the fans what Keegan was really like. Ashley was quite affable actually but what I really hated was that you would have thought we had won 6 0 tonight, the way he was after the game.

And by the way, we were bloody unlucky tonight. Can't believe how many chances we had. And we wouldnt have conceded either goal with Taylor and Colo there.

Ashley never tells lies so what he said must be true. 

Well that was shit. Geremi was fucking horrific, not a clue why Hughton played him in the middle of the park. Danny Simpson was equally horrific - we miss Taylor and Coloccini so much it's unreal. If Colo isn't fit for Saturday, Kadar has to start. Time for Carroll to be benched too, useless again.

Enrique was superb (there's a surprise) and very nearly scored a great goal. He put in three awesome crosses in the first half that were begging to be put away, Nolan managing to sky one of them from about seven yards out with nobody around him. Jonas did ok, linked up well with José at times and also put in a couple of decent crosses along with some dangerous runs.

We need some extra bodies and quickly. Although we have a lot of strikers, there is very little their in terms of ability. I can't believe we're actually missing Shola. :no:

Just got back from this; I think Geremi is actually dead (he was booed off; don't know if this has been mentioned).

Jose is starting to eat this division alive.

Poor team performance.

And Carroll is starting to believe his own publicity.

Nolan looks alright, though.

c***s. The f***ing lot of them. Absolute spineless, gutless cretins. The 'players' , Ashley, Llambias,  Hughton, Calderwood, all of them. grade A fuckwits.

That is all.

I don't blame Hughton or Calderwood they're just out of their depth. The rest need a good beating.

Out of their depth? Ha ha priceless.

The job Hughton has done this season has been remarkable under the circumstances.

Two manager of the month awards and he's out of his depth! Maybe the curse of the award has been doubled as a result of those but he hasn't been offered the job for nothing.

I believe Hughton is the man to get us out of this league and more importantly, so do the players, who want this sorted and until it is, it won't help results..  Rather him than the unproven Shearer, who got us here in the first place

In the Iron Bar after the match, the Scunny supporters I spoke to thought Jonas was way better than anyone else on the pitch (based on his second half showing) with Enrique not far behind. They also thought Smith was a class player, and that Scunthorpe had ridden their luck.

Wouldn't disagree with them.

c***s. The f***ing lot of them. Absolute spineless, gutless cretins. The 'players' , Ashley, Llambias,  Hughton, Calderwood, all of them. grade A fuckwits.

That is all.

I don't blame Hughton or Calderwood they're just out of their depth. The rest need a good beating.

The job Hughton has done this season has been remarkable under the circumstances.

Two manager of the month awards and he's out of his depth! Maybe the curse of the award has been doubled as a result of those but he hasn't been offered the job for nothing.

I believe Hughton is the man to get us out of this league and more importantly, so do the players, who want this sorted and until it is, it won't help results..  Rather him than the unproven Shearer, who got us here in the first place

The last four games have disproved every comment you've just made.

Out of his depth, tactically clueless, the player morale is in the gutter and the luck has run out.

He should step aside, and soon.

That is all.

The last four games have disproved every comment you've just made.

Out of his depth, tactically clueless, the player morale is in the gutter and the luck has run out.

He should step aside, and soon.

He's been offered the job apparently, so if he takes it, he needs our support.

The players have backed him.

What is that based on?  The only thing I can think of is that it's based on league position alone and seems to not take into consideration that we've just dropped 10 our of 12 points and have played poorly most of the time.

Compare the resources that Hughton has to any other manager in the division and you'll see that he's been dealt a pretty good hand.  The Championship is a shit division and we should be doing better than we are. 

Hughton is shite, he doesn’t seem able to motivate the players and he hasn’t got a clue how to get the most out of what he’s got.  He can’t pick a balanced side and he can’t change things around when we’re clearly struggling.  He doesn’t know when to make a change and that is costing us so many points.  The only thing going for him is that he seems to work under any conditions, conditions which most self respecting managers wouldn't work under.  Apart from that, I'm struggling.

He's been offered the job apparently, so if he takes it, he needs our support.

The players have backed him.

They don't seem to be backing him on the pitch.

The players are desperate for him to be given the job. He needs to be given the job properly because it's a disruption:

PLAYERS BACK COLIN AND CHRIS

By Steve Morgan

NEWCASTLE’S senior players are demanding Chris Hughton and Colin Calderwood be handed the reins at St James’ Park on a permanent basis.

A group of the club’s leading stars including Joey Barton and Kevin Nolan have approached managing director Derek  Llambias to make their views known.

Hughton and Calderwood have impressed the Magpies’ playing staff with their calm approach.

Despite a poorly organised pre-season that was overshadowed by talk of a takeover, the pair have guided Newcastle to the top of the Championship table.

And their ability to get the best out of a squad that contains just 15  experienced players has got the players onside.

Newcastle’s fans are still desperate to see their idol Alan Shearer brought back to take charge.

But that move could be even further away now that the players have rediscovered the winning habit and shown their loyalty to Hughton and Calderwood.

Calderwood, in particular, has become a massive asset this season with his knowledge of managing in the Championship, picked up during his time at Nottingham Forest.

The Newcastle players now believe it would be pointless axing the pair.

They feel Hughton and Calderwood have earned the right to remain in control and continue to guide the club back to the Premier League.

Meanwhile, Toon striker Nile Ranger has used his ‘get out of jail’ card to build a promising football career.

Ranger, 18, was jailed for his part in a street robbery in London three years ago. But he was given a three-and-a-half year contract by Alan Shearer while he was caretaker-boss.   

Ranger said: “I realise what an amazing opportunity this club has given me. I’m just so grateful for that.”

The players are desperate for him to be given the job. He needs to be given the job properly because it's a disruption:

By Steve Morgan

NEWCASTLE’S senior players are demanding Chris Hughton and Colin Calderwood be handed the reins at St James’ Park on a permanent basis.

A group of the club’s leading stars including Joey Barton and Kevin Nolan have approached managing director Derek  Llambias to make their views known.

Hughton and Calderwood have impressed the Magpies’ playing staff with their calm approach.

Despite a poorly organised pre-season that was overshadowed by talk of a takeover, the pair have guided Newcastle to the top of the Championship table.

And their ability to get the best out of a squad that contains just 15  experienced players has got the players onside.

Newcastle’s fans are still desperate to see their idol Alan Shearer brought back to take charge.

But that move could be even further away now that the players have rediscovered the winning habit and shown their loyalty to Hughton and Calderwood.

Calderwood, in particular, has become a massive asset this season with his knowledge of managing in the Championship, picked up during his time at Nottingham Forest.

They feel Hughton and Calderwood have earned the right to remain in control and continue to guide the club back to the Premier League.

Meanwhile, Toon striker Nile Ranger has used his ‘get out of jail’ card to build a promising football career.

Ranger, 18, was jailed for his part in a street robbery in London three years ago. But he was given a three-and-a-half year contract by Alan Shearer while he was caretaker-boss.   

Ranger said: “I realise what an amazing opportunity this club has given me. I’m just so grateful for that.”

The only quote is from Nile Ranger "I realise what an amazing opportunity this club has given me. I’m just so grateful for that."  :lol:

Just got back mesel and have to say there are a majority of our players who are stealing a wage from the Club. They quite simply are not putting in the effort. No point at all singing anti Ashley songs when we go a goal behind when it is the players who should be getting slaughtered. I pissed off with a minute or two to go but I'll bet the team got applauded off the pitch and not booed off - someone please tell me I'm wrong.

Harper. EIGHT times in the first half conceeded possession by kicking it either too long, too wide or straight to his opposite number. Appalling distribution. A poor poor (AND FUCKING FRUSTRATING) 'keeper.

Alan Smith, 5 bookings in 5 games and will miss Sheff U away. His 'tackle' was 70 yards from his own goal. Is he a fucking idiot?

Geremi - just fucking die you useless cunt.

Carroll - not anmywhere fucking near as good as he might think he is.

The squad are simply not fit enough. Hughton is simply not good enough. And the supporters are akin to a circus full of clapping seals in the totally misguided love for a team who quite literally don't care a fuck.

By Steve Morgan

NEWCASTLES senior players are demanding Chris Hughton and Colin Calderwood be handed the reins at St James Park on a permanent basis.

A group of the clubs leading stars including Joey Barton and Kevin Nolan have approached managing director Derek  Llambias to make their views known.

Hughton and Calderwood have impressed the Magpies playing staff with their calm approach.

Newcastles fans are still desperate to see their idol Alan Shearer brought back to take charge.

Meanwhile, Toon striker Nile Ranger has used his get out of jail card to build a promising football career.

Ranger said: I realise what an amazing opportunity this club has given me. Im just so grateful for that.

The only quote is from Nile Ranger "I realise what an amazing opportunity this club has given me. Im just so grateful for that."   :lol:

Steve Morgan has ears in the dressing room, so what he's been told will have come from the horses mouth mate.

don't know if my first post got through but when Ashley arrived in the Boardroom he was asked to leave as he had no tie. The Scunny Chairman then gave him one. As I said earlier, he was very keen to tell their Directors how the fans didn't have the first clue about how preposterous both Keegan's and Shearer's demands were.....

Just got back mesel and have to say there are a majority of our players who are stealing a wage from the Club. They quite simply are not putting in the effort. No point at all singing anti Ashley songs when we go a goal behind when it is the players who should be getting slaughtered. I pissed off with a minute or two to go but I'll bet the team got applauded off the pitch and not booed off - someone please tell me I'm wrong.

Harper. EIGHT times in the first half conceeded possession by kicking it either too long, too wide or straight to his opposite number. Appalling distribution. A poor poor (AND f***ing FRUSTRATING) 'keeper.

Alan Smith, 5 bookings in 5 games and will miss Sheff U away. His 'tackle' was 70 yards from his own goal. Is he a f***ing idiot?

Geremi - just f***ing die you useless c***.

Carroll - not anmywhere f***ing near as good as he might think he is.

The squad are simply not fit enough. Hughton is simply not good enough. And the supporters are akin to a circus full of clapping seals in the totally misguided love for a team who quite literally don't care a f***.

you're wrong, thank fuck