Alan Smith appreciation thread

TRC

Guest Roger Kint

I'd love him to go back to Leeds, my best mate still thinks he's a good player, that'd soon change his mind. :lol:

Aye a £1m transfer there would be perfect for us and would make them realise he isnt quite the player that left ;D

He always puts in the graft just not good enough and couldnt hit a barn door

Myth that. He just sits in front of the back four and rush in as soon as there's a player near him. Doubt he runs as much as the likes of Jonas or Enrique.

The problem with Smith is his 'effort' is completely counterproductive. He makes tackles but in areas where it's completely unecessary and generally mistimes them. He also wants the ball but does nothing with it but invite pressure through losing possession or simply playing the wrong pass.

Then there's the case of his temperament and ego. You're a puny little bleach blonde spice boy from Leeds, stop pretending you're a tough guy.

Almost certain we are stuck with him. If we are really to progress next season then the management should be a bit more brutal and got rid of Smith and possibly either Barton or Nolan. Seems a bit drastic but there are younger better players out there that will be on half the wages.

Guest Kenton Magpie

He always puts in the graft just not good enough and couldnt hit a barn door

Myth that. He just sits in front of the back four and rush in as soon as there's a player near him. Doubt he runs as much as the likes of Jonas or Enrique.

Bit harsh comparing him to Jose' and Jonas surely?

Every time he has played for us this season I reckon he has done a reasonable job, not saying I would keep him by any means as he has found his level in The Championship but saying he does not graft is not something I agree is a 'myth'