Sports Direct

Guest neesy111
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The thought of this is making me feel ill. Why do people continue to accept this?  :no:

get a life man.

The thought of part of our club's heritage being replced by tacky shit is a bit of a deal to us, 'man'.

Bollocks man, it's a rumour about a plastic sign ffs.

That is broadcast around the world and one of the first things you notice inside SJP, 'man'.

It's irrelavent to both what happens on the pitch and what happens in peoples lives.

It's an advertising hoarding and nothing more.

Why people are worrying themselves sick about it is beyond me.

I'm sure he hasn't been physically sick over it.

It's irrelavent to both what happens on the pitch and what happens in peoples lives.

It'll not make me sick but I hope it doesn't happen because it will look terrible, the Gallowgate roof looks like the roof of a scrapyard, it looks shit.

The thought of this is making me feel ill. Why do people continue to accept this?  :no:

Start a protest then, or whatever it is that you do.

was thinking that myself

saying "Why do people continue to accept this?" is a load of bollocks, theres pretty much f*** all we can do apart from whinge about it and then accept it

dont get me wrong, i really hope it doesnt happen....but if he has actually got his mind set on doing it, its going to happen regardless, nowt we say or do would change his mind (thats assuming the rumour has some truth in it in the first place)

The thought of this is making me feel ill. Why do people continue to accept this?  :no:

get a life man.

The thought of part of our club's heritage being replced by tacky shit is a bit of a deal to us, 'man'.

Bollocks man, it's a rumour about a plastic sign ffs.

That is broadcast around the world and one of the first things you notice inside SJP, 'man'.

Really? Im not worrying myself sick, but that sign is part of stadium's history and heritage. There is also a sense that Ashley is taking the piss at this stage with the Sports Direct shit being plastered everywhere. There is already a sign on the Gallowgate end, not to mention the massive paint on the roof of that stand plus advertising boards all over the interior and exterior of the ground AND the daft new name of the ground. Is this not enough? He had to put not only another Sport Direct sign on one of our stands, but he is replacing a relatively famous Newcastle United sign in the process. People are concerned that the heart is being ripped out of our ground and it is being transformed in to a tacky advertising platform for a tacky sports chain, and they have every right to feel this way. 

It'll not make me sick but I hope it doesn't happen because it will look terrible, the Gallowgate roof looks like the roof of a scrapyard, it looks shit.

I don't disagree that the Gallowgate Roof is horrendous, but it's his toy so he can do what he likes with it. I'm more concerned with the team playing well though than what the ground looks like.

I don't disagree that the Gallowgate Roof is horrendous, but it's his toy so he can do what he likes with it. I'm more concerned with the team playing well though than what the ground looks like.

:facepalm:

Can't you be concerned with both? I see our stadium as more than just a toy for Ashley.

Can't you be concerned with both? I see our stadium as more than just a toy for Ashley.

I'm not arsed in the slightest as we're just paying customers and nothing more. I pay my money to see a good game of football and support the team i love not to gaze at the signs in the ground.

It's not his toy, it's our football club.  I agree that what happens on the pitch is more important, that doesn't change how he's making the ground look shit if this happens.  I've got no problem with the banners that he's put as I can't even remember even seeing them.  The Gallowgate roof, and the new sign IF it happens are shite.

It's not his toy, it's our football club.  I agree that what happens on the pitch is more important, that doesn't change how he's making the ground look shit if this happens.  I've got no problem with the banners that he's put as I can't even remember even seeing them.  The Gallowgate roof, and the new sign IF it happens are shite.

It is his toy and we're just paying customers and nothing more.

Is this anything other than a rumour?

Will be s*** if it happens like, but NUFC.com aren't even reporting it anymore.

It's just a rumour but wouldn't be surprised if it actually happened.

Results and performances on the pitch are obviously priority number 1, however the image of the club is extremely important to me too and I'd like our ground to be one of the most respectable, nicest grounds in the country, something us fans can be proud of and boast to other fans about. I'd rather that than have some tacky Sports Direct ridden mess that is nothing but a laughing stock to other fans and an eyesore to those turning up to see the team play.

The thought of this is making me feel ill. Why do people continue to accept this?  :no:

What do you do?

We have already contacted the club. We are raising public awareness of the rumours which came from True Faith.

What do you do?

We have already contacted the club. We are raising public awareness of the rumours which came from True Faith.

Delighted.

I don't hate life, so don't feel the need to complain about near enough everything. I do support the players on the pitch though :thup:

What do you do?

Delighted.

I don't hate life, so don't feel the need to complain about near enough everything. I do support the players on the pitch though :thup:

I don't hate life. I enjoy my own and being part of others'.

I also support the players on the pitch. What point are you trying to make? Buck up the courage to say something worthwhile or STFU.

What do you do?

Delighted.

You support the players therefore you must support Ashleys regime aswell

:troll:

What do you do?

Delighted.

I also support the players on the pitch. What point are you trying to make? Buck up the courage to say something worthwhile or STFU.

You support the players on the pitch, from the other end of the country? :eek:

What do you do?

Delighted.

Your protests are a waste of time and will achieve nothing, you're also pretty detestable with your pessimism and complaining 24/7.