Jimmy Hill's Sunday Supplement - SS1 this morning

GM

Interesting to hear Bob Cass banging on about the state of NUFC and pronouncing that NUFC are NOT "too big or too good a club to go down"...and then simultaneously exhonerating Freddie Shepherd from any blame and saying he couldn't understand the fans calling for Shepherd's resignation.

Some other bloke (can't remember his name) said NUFC was the second biggest "poison chalice" in terms of football management - being England manager is the biggest apparently.

But the killer comment came just before a commercial break when Bob Cass said "seriously, you just don't find GOOD players making moves in the January transfer window..."

I know - it just seemed like THE most asinine comment any football pundit has ever made!

How about Tino Asprilla? Aye, he was signed mid-season and yes Mr Cass - he was absolutely shocking. :roll:

I know - it just seemed like THE most asinine comment any football pundit has ever made!

How about Tino Asprilla? Aye, he was signed mid-season and yes Mr Cass - he was absolutely shocking . :roll:

he was a waste of space like

That whole show is just fkn tosh, a load of journo's arguing with Mr Chin, the only time I watch it is if I am a bit early turning it over for Goals on Sunday.

Most of the time they just love to put us down while they speculate over total bollcoks.

Guest geordieracer

Interesting to hear Bob Cass banging on about the state of NUFC and pronouncing that NUFC are NOT "too big or too good a club to go down"...and then simultaneously exhonerating Freddie Shepherd from any blame and saying he couldn't understand the fans calling for Shepherd's resignation.

Some other bloke (can't remember his name) said NUFC was the second biggest "poison chalice" in terms of football management - being England manager is the biggest apparently.

But the killer comment came just before a commercial break when Bob Cass said "seriously, you just don't find GOOD players making moves in the January transfer window..."

i agree with him, he was saying you don't find good players making moves in january, when the teams is in the relegation zone or something to that effect. Not they don't move in january full stop

i agree with him, he was saying you don't find good players making moves in january, when the teams is in the relegation zone or something to that effect. Not they don't move in january full stop

What about when Birmingham got the likes of Dugarry & Upson?

Guest geordieracer

upson was knowhere the player he is now, he was just a young defender who couldn't break into the team

and dugarry was reaching the end of his career

Guest geordieracer

he came from norwich..

bridge plays for the biggest team in europe.. upson could move to newcastle and go straight back down to the fizzy pop league, so he would surely wait till the end of the season

of course theres been good players move in january but not many big names, especially to a team whos struggling etc

Guest geordieracer

barcelona will always attract players, as ive already said of course good players will move, theres not a rule against it. My point is basically that if we are in this position in january, players of bridge's clalibre won't join us, especially when they are at bigger clubs or have options to move to clubs with more ambition, which we are hardly showing

Also Reyes to Arsenal.

I don't think us being near the bottom would affect players coming in, the only one's who won't want to come are the top players who we won't be going after anyway, players can come here on the condition that if we're relegated we won't stand in their way if another club wants to sign them, I'm sure most would take that.

Guest geordieracer

or they could just wait till the end of the season and join if we stay up?

saves them a lot of hassle and a relegation on there track record