Mike Newell

Cajun

Can't believe the FA are saying they will investigate his comments. Freedom of speech? There is no rule that says you cannot insult women, if he gets charged the FA will be as pathetically PC as the rest of the country.

Not that I particularly condone what he says, but its the principle.

So if he said that Uriah Rennie was a shite referee because he was black, would you still feel the same.

Perhaps there are some that would, but the majority would see why that is stupid, so why should it be different?

Well even if he thought it he wouldn't be allowed to say that in public but he obviously feels he can say whatever he likes about women and get away with it. It's not considered the same by the PC brigade.

To say she shouldn't be running the line because she's crap would be fine, it's fair comment on anybody doing the job. He appears to be saying she shouldn't be allowed to do it simply because she's a woman,  implying that no woman is up to it and that's a different matter.

:lol: oh aye, like loose women has got exactly ... what to do with football or employment law?

It doesn't, but its the fact that through the principle of free speech, women can spout off for an hour every day about how useless men are, how shit they are in bed, how shit they are on dates etc, but then Mike Newell is apparantly not in his right to say that he doesn't think women should be referees?

stupid that they should be judged because they're black, she should be judged because she's shit just like every other ref... it just happens to be more likely that she is shit as she's a black...

:roll: oh you had to add the last bit didn't you?

replace the word woman, with black or asian and see how you feel about it then.

funny how racism is frowned upon but sexism is celebrated!

tbh, now we've got a black female referee... I mean, no doubt she's really fast, but can she ref? Ask Uriah.

:lol: oh aye, like loose women has got exactly ... what to do with football or employment law?

It doesn't, but its the fact that through the principle of free speech, women can spout off for an hour every day about how useless men are, how shit they are in bed, how shit they are on dates etc, but then Mike Newell is apparantly not in his right to say that he doesn't think women should be referees?

What brought that into it? On your mind is it, mate? :)

Definetly not. :D

Because he's trying to say what he thinks they should be allowed to do, when they are already allowed to do it, because FIFA, the FA and the law says there is no reason that they shouldn't be allowed to do it.

Loose women is a TV programme, unconnected with football, that is tongue in cheek and is not saying that men should not be allowed to do a certain job, but just expresses opinions which are usually a load of shite and I think most people see it as such. I certainly do anyway, and I don't know anyone who takes it seriously.

Definetly not. :D

bluebiggrin.gif

stupid that they should be judged because they're black, she should be judged because she's shit just like every other ref... it just happens to be more likely that she is shit as she's a black...

:roll: oh you had to add the last bit didn't you?

replace the word woman, with black or asian and see how you feel about it then.

funny how racism is frowned upon but sexism is celebrated!

tbh, now we've got a black female referee... I mean, no doubt she's really fast, but can she ref? Ask Uriah.

She could be absolutely pants for all I know, but it won't be because she is black or because she's female.

I wish we could get over this, I mean how many really bad referees and linesmen are there? Nearly all of them tbh  :winking:

Women can't run properly with their arms all flapping about everywhere so she probably wasnt in line with play. There it is because she is a women that she can't do her job.

Newell is right!

I'm keeping out of this one, but I hadn't thought of their arms as a particular problem......

Women can't run properly with their arms all flapping about everywhere so she probably wasnt in line with play. There it is because she is a women that she can't do her job.

Newell is right!

I'm keeping out of this one, but I hadn't thought of their arms as a particular problem......

:lol:

Newell is right!

nice try!  :lol: but men can't get the decisions right because they can't cope with multitasking or decision making  :winking:

How can they watch the game, the line, where the ball is and run at the same time? and then make a decision when there's no women around? no wonder there are so many bad decisions made!

Newell is right!

nice try!  :lol: but men can't get the decisions right because they can't cope with multitasking or decision making   :winking:

How can they watch the game, the line, where the ball is and run at the same time? and then make a decision when there's no women around? no wonder there are so many bad decisions made!

bluebigeek.gif

Sexist!

Newell is right!

nice try!  :lol: but men can't get the decisions right because they can't cope with multitasking or decision making  :winking:

bluebigeek.gif

you win.

:) I knew you'd see things my way eventually!  :winking:

She was holding a flag you silly man!

It's bad for other female officials that she's fucked up so badly as it potentially casts them all in a dim light. There is a chance that she was subject to positive discrimination which is Newell's principal complaint, I think.

FWIW, if you go down to North Shields' Soccerdome and see the women's league there, you'll be surprised at how good some of the lasses are--some easily better than the majority on this board, I reckon--and some of the tackles flying in make me wince.

Haven't seen the incident, but did she really cock up any worse than any of the assistants we see week in week out? Probably not, but because she's a woman it gets more publicity. What makes Newell so sure that a male assistant would have given the pen?

I really don't mind seeing women as referees, as long as they do their job well.

Same with men, they also have to do their job well. Standard of referees is so shite in England, that maybe women have to be considered seriously.

Slagging off his board, slagging off women officials, it's as if he's trying to get the sack because he's been sounded out by his closest friend in football to join him at a Premiership club in a few weeks or so.  :winking:

Have thought of that  :lol:

Done a good job at Luton though although he rarely turns up at the training ground!