Tevez considers quitting

lovejoy

How in God's name is Carlos Tevez a better ambassador for football than Sir Alex Ferguson?

Easy SAF is an excellent manager for Man Utd but to be an ambassador of football, you need to be able to detach yourself from your personal managerial position and look at the bigger picture. His constant whining (especially of late) including calling refs unfit etc is a disgrace especially given his knighthood. Can you imagine SBR doing what SAF did? Never because SBR is class and understands his responsibility to football. Of the two SAF is undoubtedly the more successful manager but in terms of being an ambassador of football, SAF is nowhere close to SBR.

Now Tevez has no title so my expectation of him is much lower. No doubt his latest interview makes him sound like a cunt, but whilst he was at Man Utd, he always gave his all, rarely whined even when h was dropped (unfairly in my view) just so that SAF can prove he is right by playing Berbatov. Ask most Man Utd fans (at least the ones I know) that they only have good things to say about Tevez. Even when he scored a double against West Ham, his muted celebration shows that his respect for the fans, that coupled with 100% effort is as much as you can expect from a footballer these days. 

How in God's name is Carlos Tevez a better ambassador for football than Sir Alex Ferguson?

Easy SAF is an excellent manager for Man Utd but to be an ambassador of football, you need to be able to detach yourself from your personal managerial position and look at the bigger picture. His constant whining (especially of late) including calling refs unfit etc is a disgrace especially given his knighthood. Can you imagine SBR doing what SAF did? Never because SBR is class and understands his responsibility to football. Of the two SAF is undoubtedly the more successful manager but in terms of being an ambassador of football, SAF is nowhere close to SBR.

Now Tevez has no title so my expectation of him is much lower. No doubt his latest interview makes him sound like a cunt, but whilst he was at Man Utd, he always gave his all, rarely whined even when h was dropped (unfairly in my view) just so that SAF can prove he is right by playing Berbatov. Ask most Man Utd fans (at least the ones I know) that they only have good things to say about Tevez. Even when he scored a double against West Ham, his muted celebration shows that his respect for the fans, that coupled with 100% effort is as much as you can expect from a footballer these days.

He whined for ages, threatened to leave when he didn't get his way and then did leave when he didn't get his way. He even cupped his ear towards Fergie when the ManU fans were singing his name. Also I'm pretty sure the Wham fans were singing his name, cheering him etc., most footballers wouldn't rub a goal in their faces after that.

No-one (apart from maybe a few referees) inside football has a bad word to say about SAF, he does a huge amount of work with new managers and helping them into the game and also does a hell of a lot of charity work from what I've read.

Now Tevez has no title so my expectation of him is much lower. No doubt his latest interview makes him sound like a c***, but whilst he was at Man Utd, he always gave his all, rarely whined even when h was dropped (unfairly in my view) just so that SAF can prove he is right by playing Berbatov. Ask most Man Utd fans (at least the ones I know) that they only have good things to say about Tevez. Even when he scored a double against West Ham, his muted celebration shows that his respect for the fans, that coupled with 100% effort is as much as you can expect from a footballer these days. 

He whined for ages, threatened to leave when he didn't get his way and then did leave when he didn't get his way. He even cupped his ear towards Fergie when the ManU fans were singing his name. Also I'm pretty sure the Wham fans were singing his name, cheering him etc., most footballers wouldn't rub a goal in their faces after that.

No-one (apart from maybe a few referees) inside football has a bad word to say about SAF, he does a huge amount of work with new managers and helping them into the game and also does a hell of a lot of charity work from what I've read.

Re Tevez, I don't think there is anything wrong with leaving if you're not getting a fair deal and the relationship with the manager has broken down. You are right, he obviously did have problems with SAF and may have taunted him but the fact that Man Utd fans were singing his name despite his altercation with SAF is proof for me that the fans loved him to bits. Some/most were taking his side despite their high regards for SAF. To me at least, in terms of being a credit to the game, it is more important for a player to be liked by fans than to ass kiss the manager.

Fair enough if you think SAF has done good stuff for the game, he probably has. I just find his recent disrespectful remark of referees and on those occasions his inability to look at the bigger picture and realize his responsibility to the game as opposed to his narrow responsibility as a Man Utd manager unacceptable of a 'Sir'

Guest firetotheworks

I thought I'd bring this to the table, from the Pet Hates thread.

When people somehow don't think that footballers/anyone that makes a lot of money aren't human and should try working minimum wage in a s*** job as if that will make them suddenly enjoy something they no longer enjoy doing. ie: Carlos Tevez, Sol Campbell.

I agree to an extent but the Tevez situation is a bit different, I think he's made it very hard for you to feel sympathy for how he feels. It also comes across as whinging because to stop doing something you no longer enjoy is fine. That the thing he no longer enjoys has given him enough money to f*** around doing nothig for the rest of his life indicates he doesn't know how lucky he is, he just doesn't live in the real world. It's not like he's jacking in a well paid career to find something he truely wants to do, it reads as if he just can't be f***ed with doing anything anymore, at best it hasn't been phrased well. Also, as has been pointed out he spent half of last year whinging about not playing enough, now he doesn't want to anymore? Weird.

Granted, but at the same time he could quite easily whinge in his head, not enjoy playing, not putting his heart into it and coming out of being a Brolin, Viduka, perhaps even Berbatov whilst still being paid a s*** load of cash. The point about him not knowing how lucky he is doesn't really stand considering he lived in one of the roughest parts of Buenos Aires and was in intensive care for two months after having boiling water dropped on his face.  Aye, he might be a bit daft saying he wanted to move because he wasnt getting games, and now he is he doesnt like it. But personally I admire him for it, he's being honest. As I said, but I think it's worth reiterating: He could quite easily not quit football and get paid a kings ransom whilst his heart isn't in it.

I see your point but in a world where the public are finding it increasingly hard to relate to footballers I think these comments will only leave your average punter more disillusioned that the huge money they're paying to go to the game is just going into the back pockets of people who increasingly give less and less of a fuck.

Guest firetotheworks

I see your point but in a world where the public are finding it increasingly hard to relate to footballers I think these comments will only leave your average punter more disillusioned that the huge money they're paying to go to the game is just going into the back pockets of people who increasingly give less and less of a f***.

I can tell we'll probably just go around and around in circles here, but if thats true, isn't it better that he leaves football and stops the average punters money going into his back pocket then?

I see your point but in a world where the public are finding it increasingly hard to relate to footballers I think these comments will only leave your average punter more disillusioned that the huge money they're paying to go to the game is just going into the back pockets of people who increasingly give less and less of a f***.

I can tell we'll probably just go around and around in circles here, but if thats true, isn't it better that he leaves football and stops the average punters money going into his back pocket then?

Probably, yeah. Doesn't stop me or anyone else thinking he's a cunt because of it. If he genuinely wants to quit I'll accept that but he'll blatently just come back in a year or two or continue to make a very healthy living from football in one way or another for the rest of his life. This isn't a Trescothick or Colleymore who's suffering from mental health problems, he just can't be fucked anymore. Don't get me wrong, I can see where you're coming from with the honesty angle, but I think what he's being honest about is completely pathetic. I'd respect Owen's honesty if he admitted he never gave a fuck about Newcastle and wasn't trying for the last 6 months but I'd still hate him.