DEJA VU

lovejoy

Guest Chubby Jason

I've heard stories about Mr. Given that don't make him out to be Mr. Nice guy/loyal, from someone I have no reason whatsoever not to believe.

do share...

Never mind the 12 years' service, eh?

Can the Given haters - or the few who are old enough - tell me if they feel the same way towards Peter Beardsley (who left us right in the s**te when he went to Liverpool)?

Like Given, Beardsley left because he wanted to. He was offered better money and went to a club he thought was better than Newcastle. Thats what professional footballers tend to do.

Ironically the player who really did not want to leave but was to some extent pushed out was Chris Waddle, and yet he seemed to face more animosity after his departure being called Judas etc.

Cos he's a mackem

Can the Given haters - or the few who are old enough - tell me if they feel the same way towards Peter Beardsley (who left us right in the s**te when he went to Liverpool)?

Like Given, Beardsley left because he wanted to. He was offered better money and went to a club he thought was better than Newcastle. Thats what professional footballers tend to do.

Ironically the player who really did not want to leave but was to some extent pushed out was Chris Waddle, and yet he seemed to face more animosity after his departure being called Judas etc.

Yet Beardo was never vilified (not widely, anyway) and was welcomed back as the prodigal son. I don't have a problem with that, but I'm losing hope that Given would be offered the same courtesy.

Beardsley never really wanted to leave Newcastle unlike the mackem sausage factory worker. At least get your facts right.