Messi wins the Golden Ball

Village Idiot

The golden ball?

I had visions of Messi & Ronaldo sitting in front of Jasper Carrott after having agreed to share the award, only for Messi (little tinker) to reveal the "Steal" ball, with poor old Ronaldo across from him shaking his head in disgust with his "Split" ball opened.

I'm not sure why people are suprised by the nominations of Dzecko and Gourcouff. Both playing instrumental roles in their teams winning their respictive leagues with the latter now leading an impressive Bordeaux outfit into the last 16 of the Champions League qualifying comfortably out of a group containing Munich and Juventus.

Villa and Iniseta should be higher.

Ibrahimovic and Kaka should be lower.

I'm not sure why people are suprised by the nominations of Dzecko and Gourcouff. Both playing instrumental roles in their teams winning their respictive leagues with the latter now leading an impressive Bordeaux outfit into the last 16 of the Champions League qualifying comfortably out of a group containing Munich and Juventus.

Villa and Iniseta should be higher.

Ibrahimovic and Kaka should be lower.

Kaká got hype points for his transfer, I guess. Same with Zlatan, although he still was instrumental in a team that swept the Serie A.

Villa and Forlán were probably hurt by so many Spanish-based players dominating the table (Spanish journalists were more likely to vote for them).