Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

Did he really play every week, though? Felt like he was injured 90 percent of the time.

League Cup League Cup Europe Other[112] Total

Caps Goals Caps Goals Caps Goals Caps Goals Caps Goals Caps Goals

Total 71 26 5 1 3 3 0 0 0 0 79 30

In 4 seasons.  Bloke's a joke man.

Guest BooBoo

He should never have gone to Germany 06. He rushed himself back for the World Cup, prioritising England ahead of NUFC on every occassion and essentially played about two games in a year and a half.

In the run in of 08/09, his form was aboslutely shocking and Hughton had the balls to drop him. He then had a flounce saying he should be playing, got back in the team and was shite. I'll never forget his sour face on the touchline at Villa Park, he clearly didnt want to be on the pitch when we were relegated.

Our 38 league games, add about 5 or so cup games per season, by four seasons is about 170 games, in which he played 71 times.

He played in less than half of our games.

Guest neesy111

Our 38 league games, add about 5 or so cup games per season, by four seasons is about 170 games, in which he played 71 times.

He played in less than half of our games.

He played more times for England than he did at 4 years at NUFC.  Predictable.

@themichaelowen - Better to play 25mins in a good team rather than 90mins every week in a struggling team

Cunt!

The best part of this quote is that he doesn't realize why one team is good, and the other one struggled.

@themichaelowen - Better to play 25mins in a good team rather than 90mins every week in a struggling team

c***!

The best part of this quote is that he doesn't realize why one team is good, and the other one struggled.

Nah, the best part is that he thinks he plays 25 minutes a game.

Cunt!

Oh, it's nowt to do with him if that's what you're suggesting, Mike.

It annoyed me when he signed that the papers were all full of shock and horror that little Micky had had to 'settle' for Newcastle despite us qualifying for the Champions League just a couple of years prior.  He obviously bought into that idea as well.

Guest neesy111

Cunt!

Oh, it's nowt to do with him if that's what you're suggesting, Mike.

It annoyed me when he signed that the papers were all full of shock and horror that little Micky had had to 'settle' for Newcastle despite us qualifying for the Champions League just a couple of years prior.  He obviously bought into that idea as well.

He came for a few reasons:

1) Real wanted the money. 8M profit in 1 season.

2) We were the only club in for him with an accepted bid.

3) We gave him a ridiculous contract.

4) His priority was to play for England and he needed 1st team football.

Guest neesy111

I honestly cannot believe a pro athlete would say some shit like that.

He's not a professional in my eyes, just someone who see's football as a tool to make money from.

I honestly cannot believe a pro athlete would say some shit like that.

He's not a professional in my eyes, just someone who see's football as a tool to make money from.

Yeah, no doubt about that.

Guest neesy111

Everton on a free transfer maybe?

Couple of things: 

Everton can't afford his wages unless he wants to live like a peasant to his standards.

I think Everton could do much better.

Fans reaction from both sides in Liverpool would be interesting.

Couple of things: 

Everton can't afford his wages unless he wants to live like a peasant to his standards.

I didn't think he was on big money these days.  Plus he's an Everton fan. 

I honestly don't know where he goes from here though.  He's made it clear that he wants to sit on the bench somewhere 'big'.

Guest neesy111

Couple of things: 

I honestly don't know where he goes from here though.  He's made it clear that he wants to sit on the bench somewhere 'big'.

He's still on around 60k according to reports which is out of Everton's budget imo.

Guest BooBoo

Couple of things: 

He's shown in the past that he doesnt give a toss about offending fans with his moves. I think he would be keen on Everton as close to his "beloved" Chester home so he can spend time with his 'orses. It would be interesting to see what money he's on at MUFC, I bet it's not even half of what he was on with us.

Couple of things: 

He's still on around 60k according to reports which is out of Everton's budget imo.

I seem to remember him having a bonus as you play type thing attached to a fairly low salary,compared to his Newcastle salary obviously.

Guest neesy111

Couple of things: 

He's shown in the past that he doesnt give a toss about offending fans with his moves. I think he would be keen on Everton as close to his "beloved" Chester home so he can spend time with his 'orses. It would be interesting to see what money he's on at MUFC, I bet it's not even half of what he was on with us.

Around 50-60k from reports at the time of him signing.

Why would Everton want him though, he's shown at MUFC he's finished like he did in his 6 months here.