Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

He's a better player than Raylor

Yup, Raylor would probably gain us more points though.

Not sure about that, he has started the season well but his freekicks are getting a bit too much hype. He only really seemed to score for Wigan vs us which probably help but he isn't that great and I would hope the likes of Cabaye, Marveaux etc.. would step up as our set piece takers.

Not sure about that, he has started the season well but his freekicks are getting a bit too much hype. He only really seemed to score for Wigan vs us which probably help but he isn't that great and I would hope the likes of Cabaye, Marveaux etc.. would step up as our set piece takers.

Tend to agree with this. I think over the course of the season he'd make more mistakes that lead to goals than Simpson would, and while he would get more goals than Simpson there's nothing to say that with players like Ben Arfa, Cabaye etc we couldn't score from the freekicks anyway. He's had a good start but most he's ever scored in a PL season is 3, 2 of which were against us.

Guest VaVaVoom

He isn't s*** but it's typical hyperbole you come to expect with internet forums.

And what is your argument based on? He is shit man.

Better going forward but just as shite in defence. The fact he will give us an option on dead balls and a bit of quality delivery from deep...is why i'd have him ahead.

Guest VaVaVoom

Simpson will come good I reckon. I'm still going to give the lad a chance, I'm going to put his recent form down to personal problems.

What does he offer the team?

Simpson will come good I reckon. I'm still going to give the lad a chance, I'm going to put his recent form down to personal problems.

He deserves to be part of our squad at the very least. 

If only there was competition for places in our squad he'd either rise to the challenge or we'd have a better alternative in our first team.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Raylor is not "just as shit" defensively, he's a lot worse. A couple of free kicks and a few half decent games have masked that.

He isn't s*** but it's typical hyperbole you come to expect with internet forums.

And what is your argument based on? He is shit man.

Better going forward but just as shite in defence. The fact he will give us an option on dead balls and a bit of quality delivery from deep...is why i'd have him ahead.

Based on the amount of "shit" players we have had that haven't actually been shit for one.

I bet Simpson spends the rest of his career in the premiership and if he does leave he will become a "better" player by some magical coincidence.

There doesn't seem to be any middle ground on the net when it comes to footballers, they are either Maldini or Ramage. It's moronic.

He deserves to be part of our squad at the very least. 

If only there was competition for places in our squad he'd either rise to the challenge or we'd have a better alternative in our first team.

:nods:

What does he offer the team?

We saw last season that defensively, he is quite sound (bar a few games and his constant backing off). I'm pretty confident the lad will develop into a canny right back - will hold my hands up if it turns out I'm wrong but atm he's the best option for RB imho.

Guest VaVaVoom

And what is your argument based on? He is s*** man.

Better going forward but just as s**** in defence. The fact he will give us an option on dead balls and a bit of quality delivery from deep...is why i'd have him ahead.

Based on the amount of "s***" players we have had that haven't actually been s*** for one.

I bet Simpson spends the rest of his career in the premiership and if he does leave he will become a "better" player by some magical coincidence.

There doesn't seem to be any middle ground on the net when it comes to footballers, they are either Maldini or Ramage. It's moronic.

I get what your saying mate i just dont see anything more than an average PL player. Same goes for Raylor.

Obviously this is an chance for both to make a push.

What is really sad is that we are probably going to be playing a far superior right back to either Simpson or Taylor at left back in David Santon only because we didn't want to invest in a genuine LB. Maybe Shane Ferguson will step up and provide the missing link.

Now that we have got many wing players - Obertan, HBA, Raylor, Gutierrez, Dan Gosling ?, Marveaux, I would like to see maybe Gutierrez as RB, Santon as LB.

Good God, no. Jonas would be a complete waste at fullback.

Danny Simpson is probably our by far weakest link in the team. he's been dreadfull in all the games he has been involved with so far. When we played with less risk last season, he was okay. But now when we risk abit more going forward pusing our backs up like wingbacks in attack. It's clear as day that Simpson is far more advanced up the pitch theese days then he was earlier. And it shows that it doesn't really suit him to play that way. Dodgy all the way, and his backtracking is shit too.

Guest Rainforest

Given the fact that Jonas is excellent at going forward, good defensively ( good`ish at least), but shit at crossing,  maybe it isnt such a bad idea.  He could pass the ball to someone with a better end-product too..

I think th Simpson bashing is a bit over the top. The first two games he was solid and Scunthorpe was a collective poor show. He's not a top class full back and long term it would beneficial to upgrade him. As it stands though, I'm not hugely concerned that he's in the side.