Real Madrid weigh up bid for Fabricio Coloccini

Thespence

Thought he was pretty good at dealing with Miller and Bednar on the deck tbh, they never got round him. Yeah so he didn't do well for the goal, they all make mistakes Steven Taylor could have been at fault for about 5 potential goals. Aerially Taylor and Colo weren't so good last night, their marking was slack in general imo but they had a lot to deal with.

They were knocking through balls behind him from about the 5th minute. They nearly got in instantly because of it. At one point first half Brunt got in behind Colo & it took Taylor & Enrique both coming across to crowd him out. They knew how to take him out of the game & he did little of note. Very reminiscent of last season, the embarassing defending for the 2nd goal especially.

Taylor had a much better game.

Thought he was pretty good at dealing with Miller and Bednar on the deck tbh, they never got round him. Yeah so he didn't do well for the goal, they all make mistakes Steven Taylor could have been at fault for about 5 potential goals. Aerially Taylor and Colo weren't so good last night, their marking was slack in general imo but they had a lot to deal with.

They were knocking through balls behind him from about the 5th minute. They nearly got in instantly because of it. At one point first half Brunt got in behind Colo & it took Taylor & Enrique both coming across to crowd him out. They knew how to take him out of the game & he did little of note. Very reminiscent of last season, the embarassing defending for the 2nd goal especially.

Taylor had a much better game.

I think i was watching a different game to you, from what i could see they consistently hit the right flank targetting Danny Simpson. Now i know that Colo plays on that left side, i think you may have been hit with a bit of bias here. As for Taylor, again he was no better his dealings with balls in the air was pretty terrible (as was Colo's) and on the deck he didn't deal with Bednar well, i didn't see Colo get turned once (with the ball on the ground) by Bednar or Miller, did you?

Your statement about them knocking balls through is garbage as well. If you're speaking about Brunt then that's Enrique's fault because Brunt played LW. And i watched West Brom's tactics very closely, they did not as consistently attack Colo as aforementioned they attacked Simpson. They played about 5 through balls max and they only did that after Thomas got Simpson out of position, they would then shift the ball inward to their deeper lying CM, who would then put a through ball through the left side which would then be overloaded because they knew they could get in behind Nolan (who when defending took the left side of midfield, with Smith on the right) as he didn't have the legs to track, so consequently Enrique and Colo had 3 men to deal with.

Their tactics were spot on, they knew exactly how to get us bent out of shape and they did that always through Simpson and Nolan.

Do you think its only possible for them to see one area of the defence as being weaker than others? I didnt say anything about Simpsons side as that was obvious. It is possible that they didnt have one single gameplan.

Colo didnt get turned because he didnt have the chance to turn around quickly enough, they played several in behind him. Neither were brilliant in the air, Taylor got several important blocks in and did more defensive work in general than Colo. You've suffered some form of memory loss if you dont remember this happening.

You've contradicted yourself with the whole "no through balls", "but it happened because they had 3 men to deal with". You track the man running past you or you run out and block the guy with the ball. Colo does neither, he stands infront and attempts to intercept, because of that he has a habit of being taken out of it easily. He wouldve known he wasnt having the best game & that was likely what caused the 2nd goal. He's has weaknesses, but he doesnt make mistakes like that if he's feeling on top of his game.

Do you think its only possible for them to see one area of the defence as being weaker than others? I didnt say anything about Simpsons side as that was obvious. It is possible that they didnt have one single gameplan.

Colo didnt get turned because he didnt have the chance to turn around quickly enough, they played several in behind him. Neither were brilliant in the air, Taylor got several important blocks in and did more defensive work in general than Colo. You've suffered some form of memory loss if you dont remember this happening.

You've contradicted yourself with the whole "no through balls", "but it happened because they had 3 men to deal with". You track the man running past you or you run out and block the guy with the ball. Colo does neither, he stands infront and attempts to intercept, because of that he has a habit of being taken out of it easily. He wouldve known he wasnt having the best game & that was likely what caused the 2nd goal. He's has weaknesses, but he doesnt make mistakes like that if he's feeling on top of his game.

My point was that they rarely used the through ball but when they did it was just an extension of their main plan, to get at Simpson. Of course they didn't have one gameplan but they had a key area that they knew they could control the game from, that was Simpson's side and they could do whatever they wanted whenever they had him and Guthrie pinned back. I just think that you're singling out Colo as their target when it was evidently Nolan they were getting round as they played a 3 man central midfield, it's not a complex tactic to swiftly change the side at which you attack on, especially when you have someone as slow as Nolan helping to protect the defence from deep runs, it worked because he always left his man leaving the left side incredibly open.

Also you say that he tried to stand in front of the pass, i definitely didn't see this, i was direnctly behind the goal in the first half and i always saw Colo track Bednar, on all 3 occasions in the first half which then left a massive gap between him and Enrique where one of WBA's 3 midfielder's would always run to, leaving Nolan for dead. I can't remember much that Steven Taylor did well tbh all i saw him do was flounder about when the ball was in the air and the only block i remember was Smith near the end but if you but if you'd like to remind me of any important blocks he did then i'll eat my words and what do you mean by 'more defensive work in general' exactly, it's a little vague.

All i said Colo did well with was one-on-one defensive work, which is what he wasn't so good at last season with big and strong strikers (see Fuller for Stoke etc) but he always dealt with them well yesterday, consistenly nicking the ball away and not getting bossed, i was just saying i was impressed by that improvement in his game but i can't remember Taylor doing anything like that in comparison.

Im not singling out Colo, this is just his thread.

Taylor did much more defensive work in general. Pressurizing players, heading, blocking, tackling, intercepting. Colo was not consistantly nicking the ball away, ive rewatched the entire game & he did very little of note atall. Made a few interceptions that were passed right to him, won maybe one header, no tackles atall & no blocks. Taylor was the reason for the majority of their corners, has made several important blocks & was generally far more involved. The through balls i was talking about werent down to Nolan either, a couple came from their defence. He wasnt involved.

He was involved for both goals though, id blame him more for the 2nd goal than Simpson. Simpson had caught up with his man again, Nolan let the cross come in as he did with the first. He also had a rubbish game.

Taylor did much more defensive work in general. Pressurizing players, heading, blocking, tackling, intercepting. Colo was not consistantly nicking the ball away, ive rewatched the entire game & he did very little of note atall. Made a few interceptions that were passed right to him, won maybe one header, no tackles atall & no blocks. Taylor was the reason for the majority of their corners, has made several important blocks & was generally far more involved. The through balls i was talking about werent down to Nolan either, a couple came from their defence. He wasnt involved.

He was involved for both goals though, id blame him more for the 2nd goal than Simpson. Simpson had caught up with his man again, Nolan let the cross come in as he did with the first. He also had a rubbish game.

You actually watched the whole game again just to analyze Colo's game....oh my!

From what I see Colo is a more gifted footballer whereas Taylor has better workrate.

That's Jayson for you, he also rewatched the Sheff Utd game for the purpose of analysing Colo. :lol:

Again, no. You're just making up nonsense now  :lol: very poor.

Especially from the guy who forms opinions based on endless roomates

No. Dont guess at something & then react to your guess, doesnt make a lotta sense

I'm not guessing at all. You did say "ive rewatched the entire game & he did very little of note at all." So why did you rewatch the game?

I'm not guessing at all. You did say "ive rewatched the entire game & he did very little of note at all." So why did you rewatch the game?

Was a decent game, you've never watched a match twice?

Didnt imply it was because of him anywhere. Passed comment on his and a few others performances, you're just playing guessing games.