Real Madrid weigh up bid for Fabricio Coloccini

Thespence

I'd love someone to come up with a list of his bad games.

You're all about lists and statistics. I'd say he cost us more goals than anyone else last year.

Taylor had cost us more by October than Colo cost us all season. Fucking Butt giving away penalties, missing tackled and misplacing passes.

Guest Chris P

Not the end of the world if he goes, even though, for me, him and Jose have been my favourite players this season. If we get our money back, and therefore save his wage bill, what is there to stop us getting a Bassong type of signing to take his place?

Plus, it is Real Madrid ffs. Think it would be unfair to stand in his way.

So we will always be in their shadow. He looks settled to me and i would love him to stay especially if he's caught by the geordie bug. This is about building a team and CH has done a fantastic job so far. imo colo understands that type of commitment

Yeah, and??????

well i remember being in  the champions league

You're all about lists and statistics. I'd say he cost us more goals than anyone else last year.

Taylor had cost us more by October than Colo cost us all season. Fucking Butt giving away penalties, missing tackled and misplacing passes.

Give over man.  Your defence of one of our biggest wastes of money in the top flight makes you look daft.

Trying to compare him at all with Bassong is laughable.

Yeah because both our defenders were out. If either had come back we'd have looked better again.

Im not making an argument about not needing Colo, id like to see how he does in the Prem again.

Just the "we were bad when colo was out" has been used to prove how hes our best defender a few times now & thats not really how it went down.

For me, we've got a poor man's Terry & Carvalho (which isn't a bad thing). Obviously both have more weaknesses than that pair, but I think the qualities they do have compliment each other brilliantly. Think they're fine with other pairings and as long as one or the other is fit, we're fine, but as a partnership I think it gels. Not many centre-back pairings outside of the Premier League top 8 I'd swap them for anyway.

Yeah because both our defenders were out. If either had come back we'd have looked better again.

Im not making an argument about not needing Colo, id like to see how he does in the Prem again.

Just the "we were bad when colo was out" has been used to prove how hes our best defender a few times now & thats not really how it went down.

For me, we've got a poor man's Terry & Carvalho (which isn't a bad thing). Obviously both have more weaknesses than that pair, but I think the qualities they do have compliment each other brilliantly. Think they're fine with other pairings and as long as one or the other is fit, we're fine, but as a partnership I think it gels. Not many centre-back pairings outside of the Premier League top 8 I'd swap them for anyway.

I don't think either Taylor or Colocinni's styles are anything like Terry's or Carvalho's.

Taylor had cost us more by October than Colo cost us all season. f***ing Butt giving away penalties, missing tackled and misplacing passes.

Give over man.  Your defence of one of our biggest wastes of money in the top flight makes you look daft.

Trying to compare him at all with Bassong is laughable.

Bassong was better, but gave away his fair share of points and got away with it because of his age and low price. The same obviously didn't apply to an experienced and pricey CB.

Guest Chris P

I disagree. I think Taylor's strengths are similar to Terry's (heading, keeping it simple, prefers playing against a bigger striker), and Coloccini's strengths are similar to Carvalho's (intelligence, reading of the game, technically sound)

this :snod:

I disagree. I think Taylor's strengths are similar to Terry's (heading, keeping it simple, prefers playing against a bigger striker), and Coloccini's strengths are similar to Carvalho's (intelligence, reading of the game, technically sound)

Coloccini is better than Taylor at winning the ball on the deck, but I know what you mean.

I've said this for a while that Colo is more of as sweeper and he needs a more dominating centre half next to him so he can play that role. Taylor is nothing like that though. He thinks he is, but he's far from a dominating centre half. He's a bit of a tart in all honesty, yet he thinks he's hard.

I've said this for a while that Colo is more of as sweeper and he needs a more dominating centre half next to him so he can play that role. Taylor is nothing like that though. He thinks he is, but he's far from a dominating centre half. He's a bit of a tart in all honesty, yet he thinks he's hard.

This, tbh. Taylor's main strength is his handling.

He's played well this year like don't get me wrong. But he should as well. Still think if he has a future in the Premiership it's at full-back where people lap up his bombing forward trying to be the hero, yet he gets away with his marking of space and lack of positional sense.

He's played well this year like don't get me wrong. But he should as well. Still think if he has a future in the Premiership it's at full-back where people lap up his bombing forward trying to be the hero, yet he gets away with his marking of space and lack of positional sense.

He's done that well in the Premier League.  I really can't remember Colo doing anything well at that level after the middle of September.

It's about squad building, not selling players who are performing for the club. If there are doubts over whether he can cut it in the prem (which there are), then we should be looking to sign other players before selling the current crop, who are just starting to build the trust back.

Colo's a competent footballer with a decent brain but lacks in the physicality battling side of being a centre half.

I say lets sign other players who can compete for his position.

This time last year V Liverpool he was the worst player on the park by a good distance which is saying something in  5-1 defeat.He was also shite V Arsenal @ home. He was shite V Fulham away but to be fair he was playing alongside Cacapa. I could think of a few more games if I looked at last seasons fixtures.

Relegation has done wonders for him, hopefully he will realise he can hack it in this country. I just pray when the PL fixtures come out we dont get any of the top 6 early doors, as if we go up & get plundered in game 1 it could set him back again.

Guest Chris P

It's about squad building, not selling players who are performing for the club. If there are doubts over whether he can cut it in the prem (which there are), then we should be looking to sign other players before selling the current crop, who are just starting to build the trust back.

Colo's a competent footballer with a decent brain but lacks in the physicality battling side of being a centre half.

I say lets sign other players who can compete for his position.

fair comment, i agree, someone to compete. imagine the shit if he gets injured